Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
For those of you that have experience with both the Ruger LCP 2 and the Glock 42, which do you prefer and why?

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by CrazyCoot
For those of you that have experience with both the Ruger LCP 2 and the Glock 42, which do you prefer and why?

There is quite a bit of difference between the two. The Glock 42 compares more closely to the LC380.

That said, I prefer the Glock 42: Many more mag options that all lock backthe slide. Easy to install night sights, trigger upgrades, etc. I shoot the Glock better. It is larger and heavier but fits in a front pocket holster just fine.

Since the LCP-2 has a lighter trigger now they both need to be kept in a holster for safety. The trigger block gadgets have not been terribly reliable . The trigger guard holsters work OK but the string is a nuisance.

I was using an LCP Custom for a "carry anytime gun". My youngest boy talked me out of it though. I prefer it to the LCP-2 even though it takes a bit of energy to chamber a round and the slide does not lock open when empty. Decent sights and a nice double action trigger pull.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have the LCP II and like it a lot. Mine has been very reliable and it's the right size for pocket carry. I use the BORA II Kydex pocket holster which isolates the trigger. I also use a Sneaky Pete holster (looks like a cell phone case) and Concealment Express IWB holster. I carry it more than my 9mm Shield due to it's deep concealment. The Glock 42 is a fine pistol but it's larger/heavier. The only upgrade I did to the LCP II was to install the Tandemkross Tool-less Takedown Pin for $10. IMO the main purpose of buying a .380 is deep concealment/pocket carry. For this the LCP II is perfect.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Without a doubt the LCP II. Mines dead nuts reliable and accurate. Like the concealment. If I wanted something the size of a 42 I'd just reach a bit more for a shield. Like cooper said I like the deep concealment.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I like the Glock better. Sure the Ruger is smaller and better for 'DEEP CONCEALMENT', whatever that is, but the Glock is much easier to run.

Guessing if I was a statey working undercover narcotics, then deep concealment would be a driving force for me.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by CrazyCoot

I would prefer the LCP (whichever variation) over the Glock 42 for pants pocket carry (were I to choose to carry that way), and the Glock 42 over the LCP for actual shooting and belt carry (if I ever decided to belt carry a .380 ACP). The Glock 42 is a shooter, but not a pants pocket carry gun, which sort of eliminates it for carry, since if I want a belt gun, even a very small and thin one, I'd go with a 9mm (anything from the Glock 43 up to the 17) rather than a .380.

Although, some women are very recoil shy, in which case the 42 would make an excellent belt gun.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Deep Concealment is a term most handgunners are familiar with. Those who are not familiar with the term or are not able to figure it out, can google it.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Deep Concealment is a term most handgunners are familiar with. Those who are not familiar with the term or are not able to figure it out, can google it.

Funny stuff, coming from the idiot that wants to ban AR15's. Go find a safe space you liberal POS.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Glock.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I'd go to the Taurus PT111 Generation 2 instead of either one. 9mm, and 12 round mags, still very concealabl

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought my wife an LCP II for Christmas & have been able to shoot it enough to know that is a nice gun for it's size.

A pard has a G-42 & I've also been able to shoot it as well.

Out of the box, the Ruger trigger seems better, but there are options available to clean up the Glock.

Both seem about the same accuracy wise; neither are precision target gun.

The Glock is maybe a bit easier to shoot & handle as it is a little bigger; both will carry just fine in a front pocket for me.

I carry a G-27 as a pocket gun pretty regularly these days mainly for the firepower compared to a J-frame, so either the LCP or the G-42 are a piece of cake to pocket carry compared to the G-27.

I have trouble making myself want to carry a 380 as my only gun, but I guess if the attire just wouldn't allow any other option, I'd do it & in that case, I'd lean toward the Ruger.

MM

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I like the old LCP vs the new version. If going Glock I'd go to 43 instead of 42.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I had the LCP1 hurt my finger when it was fired, but it worked and was half way accurate, I had the G42 interesting that I could fire the entire magazine in less than two seconds and put it on a piece of paper at 4-5 yards, the trigger reset is the thing. Not sure if the LCP2 trigger reset is like a glock but if its not then I would get the glock. If you want a long trigger pull that is half way decent I do know that the Kahr is a good choice.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 48 invisible), 2,907 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,594
Posts18,454,365
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.