Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
At Cabela's, $29.99 for 500 Aguila Super Extra Standard Velocity or $61.99 for 1,000 Winchester/Olin M-22, about $0.06 per round.

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
That new production Aguila SE SV has shot like old CCI SV out of the only 3 guns I have tried it in

A 10-22 with a GM sporter contour barrel
A CZ 455 Lux
A nice old Ruger Mark 1 5.5 bull barrel

The 10-22 was at or under 1" at 100 yards on a day with little wind. And I think it would do better if given a chance.
Been through about a brick with no duds, hangfires, FTF's or ammo related flyers. I admit, there were a few shooter related flyers though.

I have a few bricks and I'd like to stock up on a few more when I have some spare cash.

The SV is plain lead, the High Velocity stuff is copper coated. The HV seemed fine to me but POI wasn't much different than the SV. I don't think it has much of a velocity edge.

Last edited by kragman1; 07/11/17.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Really?
Our local Walmart has had Federal Champuon 50 round box stuff for $25.00 per brick. It's good ,accurate HV ammo. Lots of the bulk pack Winchester and Federal.stuff is now working out to $25-26 per 500 also..

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Looks like our local Walmart has figured out how to keep 22 ammo in stock $9.99 /100 of Winchesters. I was in yesterday and they had bunch. First time I have seen it on shelves in 3-4 years at least

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Rimfire ammo at Wal-Mart tends to be hit or miss around here. Most of the Federal ammo at W-M is being sold is Champion in 50 round boxes, no bricks, or the 325 round bulk packs of AutoMatch.

EDIT: I still shoot higher grade .22 LR when it counts, $0.16 per round Eley or RWS, but for casual plinking ammo $0.05 or $0.06 per round seems like the low end of the prices around Omaha. I'd love to have a reliable source for 17 HM2 ammo at around $0.20 to $0.25 per round.

Last edited by 260Remguy; 07/12/17.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yeah,

It just started showing up few months ago.. They bave CCI Standard vel for $34 a brick -which is a good price for that brand-and have had several lots of Winchester m22 for $50 per 1k..

The Trump dividend ..

Last edited by jk16; 07/12/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not seeing the CCI standard velocity at the local Wal Marts around here... they usually got the Mini Mags, but my gun doesn't shoot them very well. Then they usually have one or more of the Remington, Winchester, and Federal HV ammo. You really never know what you'll see, but you can bet it's not what you want. Academy is the go to store for CCI Standard velocity... $3.99/50 rd box... that makes it $40 + tax for a brick.

When I get serious about shooting, I order the good stuff

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
$2.67/50 at my wally world--American Eagle brand

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by savage2400
$2.67/50 at my wally world--American Eagle brand

All of the Federal/American Eagle .22 LR that I've seen around here has been the 40 rounds per box, 400 rounds per brick, variety.

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
At Cabela's, $29.99 for 500 Aguila Super Extra Standard Velocity or $61.99 for 1,000 Winchester/Olin M-22, about $0.06 per round.

I was at cableas late last week and specifically looked a Aquila rimfire. Is this a new announcement and for how long? Link?

Aguila saved our fannies during the shortage, they deserve our business.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by fourbore

I was at cableas late last week and specifically looked a Aquila rimfire. Is this a new announcement and for how long? Link?

Those were the prices yesterday at my neighborhood Cabela's in LaVista, NE. Not advertised, just what appeared to be the regular price.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by fourbore

Bullschit. Aguila "saved" no one.

Aguila was available because to most Americans, it was a lesser known and less desirable alternative than US made rimfire ammo during the shortage.

The Mexicans arent saints- just capitalistic opportunists selling product in the US while EVERY US ammo maker was working 24/7 to meet the demand caused by ill informed hoarders..

I have shot Aguila 22LR going back to around 2002. It is good stuff and shoots well in some guns- but its not magic. In many guns it shoots no better than most US made ammo.

And -as long as US made ammo is available at a fair price and shoots well in my guns the Mexican made ammo WILL continue to be a second choice for me.
Especially given the fact that for all of my shooting carreer the US companies HAVE been busting their azzes to get ammo shipped to shooters at decent prices Its not the US ammo companies' fault what hoarders and scalpers did to the ammo market in the last 5 years.

Last edited by jk16; 07/12/17.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Dont put words in my bull crap right back at you. I never said saint. IMHO, they did save our collective ass and continue to do so. Without the Mexican connection we still be facing a shortage

My problem is with the 'GOOD OLD BOYS' refused to gear up for increase demand and it took Aguila , good capitalists to step up to the plate, A lot of people made a lot of money but like anything else, in an open economy, eventually where there is a demand supply will meet that demand. It just took a company outside the network to break it loose.

That near decade fiasco had little to do with hoarding, and all to do with new demand.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Fourbore.

If you believe all that, you are truly misinformed. Your grasp of the costs to tool up to make rimfire smmunition is pretty sad.

If you want to blame someobe for t shortage of ammo and reliadung conponents over the last 9 years then blame Barrack Obama. His big mouth caused it.

The Mexicans didnt do a damn thing to aleviate the shortage except make some extra money from it. Meanwhile at the Anoka ,MN Federal ammunition plant,ATK almost DOUBLED the size of its workforce from 2003 to 2014. Both it an the Lewiston ID CCI plant were running 3 - 8 hour shifts 24 hours a day. Those plants hire AMERICANS not the Mexicans you seem to have such allegience to.

The fact that we have a pro-gun Republican president in office hs done more to increase ammo avialable on the shelves than anything.
Now even conspiratist nutjobs like you don't have much of a reason to hoard the stuff anymore.

BTW- if you love Mexican products so much- BY ALL MEANS feel free to leave the US and move there and you can get all you want.

And THEN you will TRULY be free of the "tyranny" of those mean old American ammo companies.. LOL .

Last edited by jk16; 07/13/17.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Local Walmart had Winchester .22lr bulk packs, 222 rounds @ $10.00 (+/-) last week. Had some CCI sv too, 50 rds @ $4.00 (+/-) .

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by jk16
Fourbore.

If you believe all that, you are truly misinformed. Your grasp of the costs to tool up to make rimfire smmunition is pretty sad.

If you want to blame someobe for t shortage of ammo and reliadung conponents over the last 9 years then blame Barrack Obama. His big mouth caused it.

The Mexicans didnt do a damn thing to aleviate the shortage except make some extra money from it. Meanwhile at the Anoka ,MN Federal ammunition plant,ATK almost DOUBLED the size of its workforce from 2003 to 2014. Both it an the Lewiston ID CCI plant were running 3 - 8 hour shifts 24 hours a day. Those plants hire AMERICANS not the Mexicans you seem to have such allegience to.

The fact that we have a pro-gun Republican president in office hs done more to increase ammo avialable on the shelves than anything.
Now even conspiratist nutjobs like you don't have much of a reason to hoard the stuff anymore.

BTW- if you love Mexican products so much- BY ALL MEANS feel free to leave the US and move there and you can get all you want.

And THEN you will TRULY be free of the "tyranny" of those mean old American ammo companies.. LOL .

OK, so; now we have a good president did ATK cut back production? Maybe the nutjob 223 and 9mm ammo?I bet not. And post Obamma post hoarding Aguila is still selling a LOT of rim fire ammo. With out Aguila we would still be coming up short. And the scary part, Aguila is good stuff!

You pretend to like capitalism but; when it gets practiced outside our boarders no so mush huh? Making money, that is the name of the game, you moron. This is not a charity. You can mak money holding back production or by satisfying demand.

Name calling and and idiotic leaps of logic are all you got. You sir are the nut job. I like to see YOU MOVE.

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
I will say this, Aguila is very good ammo. I've only used it for 10 years or so. They got lots of cool choices:hyper velocity, little quite 20gr, 60gr etc...don't know if they stepped it up or not, but their quality has always remained consistently good. The same CANNOT be said about "affordable" American made 22 lr.

Last edited by Zengela; 07/13/17. Reason: Spelling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, I had to go to Shreveport this morning (I think I had rather go to the dentist) and stopped by Academy and Wal Mart. Academy didn't have any CCI Standard Velocity and this is the first time I haven't seen any in the last couple of months. I had to drive by a Wal Mart, so I stopped in just to see what they might have. Lo-n-behold, CCI SV, They had about 30 50 rd boxes. Told the lady I wanted 10... wouldn't sell me but 3. So, I got 3 and left. Went by 2 other Wal Marts and they didn't have any.

While on Wal Mart, I been looking for some sticky targets to take to Quemado. Local Wal Mart wants $7.79 for the variety pack, so I ordered them online and saved. One of the stores I went into today had the same variety pack for $4.99. Different stores = Different prices!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've seen at four different wallys three cases of stingers at each with no limits...

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (007FJ, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 2,171 guests, and 1,131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,790
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.