Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
How about .38/357 cases, primers and a foam earplug. I shoot them in the garage, fairly accurate.

Ho Li.....what a novel idea! I gots a lots of earplugs...frip frops takin' a break.

Will they over penetrate?

D

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Whittakers has been trying to get rid of those smoothbore 22 rifles for sometime.

P.S. I guess a smoothbore is not a rifle.

Small wonder.

with iron sights. Drilled and Tapped receiver.

Rollin' here....

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Well, my Smith don't care much for ear plugs. Back to Lord Black and grits....large bore....

I am..........disturbed.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I DRILLED THE FLASH HOLE TO ~3/16". Some worked better tapered end out , some tapered end to the primer.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
There are some youtube videos, of the earplugs in use

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks Terry, will take look #2. Ol' Jerry has waaaaaay too many bullets on the racks at his bench. -laffin'-

D

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WillARights

No cull picture of the lizard blood letting? Make sure you hold them at ams length so they look yuuuuuge.

Well, I did that and it didn't seem to matter much.

Here's the story. Went back for a retest of the earplug thing per Terry's suggestion, still did not work for me. Oh well.

Grabbed the T/C Patriot (I am) and did about 30 seconds of initial load calcs and came up with 5 gr of 3fg and 30 gr of rice (instant) nested between two .45 cal card wads from John Walters out OK way. The primers were old stash RWS #11's that had a fair share of green funk on them due to their senior status and storage methods of the previous owner (he DGAS).

Load 1: Tested on an unfortunate dead roach on the front porch, tits up and dried out a little, this at a measured range of 8.694'. With full armor shielding in place (this is not a recommended load per Thompson Center) and left foot forward (it's the way I roll), I took aim, set the trigger and let fly. The roach vanished. The sound was somewhat more noticeable than a cap gun.

Load 2: After due consideration and analysis I loaded 6 gr of 3fg with the aforementioned card wads and 32.5 gr or rice. That's weight, not kernels you dimwit. I used 3# of compression on the ram rod, put an appropriately corroded cap on the nipple and set forth is search of a lizard. It did not take long.

I have to admit and I'm somewhat surprised that Will's advice had no benefit in illustrating the size of this monster. It is 5.436' in length and weighs 87.54 pounds. The measured distance from muzzle to the critter's head was taken by laser range finder and was 6.483'. The sound measured 92 Db-a. Note the brutal wound to the head and also just behind the diaphragm. I may need to use a shot (rice?) collar to control the pattern. I am also investigating the use of other grains, to include whole grain rice, tapioca, and quinoa. I think 5 grains of powder is adequate, but that is subject to revision as the journey unfolds.

[Linked Image]

Time to rock'n roll!

There is no bag limit and these things are illegal immigrants.

Dan

I am..........disturbed.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
DD, I KNOW you ain't 'left', am beginning to question if you are 'Right', glad you are a friend! wink

Just scored another 242# Pb, if you need to move into deadfalls and such, to resolve the Lacertilia population, I can fix you up, but you probably have enough on your own.............

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The furnace from hell awaits.

I am..........disturbed.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
[Linked Image]

Boone and Crockett?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Uh, no. That is a "Boom and Crocked Up" record. I don't think they do reptiles in the original.

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's hard to tell what you were aiming at: boiler room? Head shot? Or were you aiming to break a shoulder so it wouldn't run on you?

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Precisely. I like to cover all the bases just in case.

I am..........disturbed.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
[Linked Image]

Time to rock'n roll!

There is no bag limit and these things are illegal immigrants.

Dan
[/quote]

Im pissin myself. Thats terrific Berserker. My arms length instructions definitely left room for interpretation.

I wouldn't change that load. One in each end and mid torso, thats a winner. Well done,

Brown rice is better for sugar regulation and digestion.......doesn't matter, doesn't matter

There are scented rices too...Jasmine comes to mind, for a holistic mind/body experience....does Jasmine go with hot dead rizerd?.....not important, not important

Welcome to the world of "accidental famous snuffing".

You killed Geico the Gecko.

You bastid.

Time to go Digital Corleone on his extended family.

Small business idea:

....you push a stick up through them, and dunk em in batter or chocolate, and you got a county fair treat!!

Last edited by WillARights; 07/13/17.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Roaches got tits?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You two clowns keep it up and I'm gonna pess me sharts. laugh

Berserker Corleone

I am..........disturbed.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ya know, if you're going to get reloading supplies out of the pantry, there is a host of possible in the spice rack like peppercorns, kosher or pickling salt, mustard seeds, and the like. Buffer the loads with the more powdery spices. Work up the right recipe and you could throw the critters straight on the grill. You may have to test the taste differences between black powder and pyrodex.

You could market it as lizard rubout rub.

Last edited by MikeL2; 07/13/17.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Lizard Rubout Rub? Awesome!

I can grasp the fine nuance between Swiss, Kik, Elephant and Goex as they influence the palate, but...........

Pyrodex? That is heresy.

I am..........disturbed.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got some of those plastic practice cases & bullets for the 38 I think.

naught but a primer in the case.

But you gots to hit what your aiming at.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
347 members (160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 37 invisible), 1,999 guests, and 909 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,962
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.