Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 49 of 79 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 78 79
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have an MTB that's not far from that situation. And it's too small for me now that I know what a bike should fit like.

I'd like to get a new one, but.....well.....other things get priority usually for spare funds. For now.

BP-B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Jeff, Did you remember that left pedal is left hand thread. The right side is normal right hand thread. Some factory pedals are seriously staked in place right through the middle like a giant rivot. When they come loose they may or may not have threads on them anymore.

"Hired Gun" Quickest and fastest all motor sand car on the planet.
3.008 at 104.8 300' of sand.

NRA Patron Life Member, Gunsmith, Instructor, Chief RSO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tddeangelo
I have an MTB that's not far from that situation. And it's too small for me now that I know what a bike should fit like.

I'd like to get a new one, but.....well.....other things get priority usually for spare funds. For now.

I'm not even sure I want one! I guess could be fun on gated-off logging roads, but no more single-track for me on a MTB... too much risk of head injury.

Sounds like our situation is similar. Short story, bought a Trek late 80's, broke the frame in Moab, and decided to go down a frame size with the warranty replacement, which was nice at the time for some of the stupid downhills we were doing ('nad clearance!) but as you say, now that I've banked a ton of miles on a bike that FITS me, this old thing is basically FUBAR... I think the glaring thing to do first is a seatpost with more setback. I took it for a casual spin this afternoon and could instantly tell, this thing wants to [bleep] up my knees, haha...

HiredGun, yeah, I wrote that on my pedal wrench many years ago! smile These aren't factory pedals, in fact I put them on there.... in the 90's..... wish I'd put some grease on the threads, though.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Bench, biceps, latpulldowns, Tricep jailhouse dip, tricep cable extensions.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
got 3-ish miles in with Tiny E before sunrise- saw a spotted mule deer fawn, they spent 30 seconds staring at each other until mom shooed him on smile

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We've been keeping tabs on 3 coyote pups, they've left the den and we ran into one on the trail this weekend. He was half-grown. Also saw three whitey bucks in velvet, up close.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
strength train this evening

squats 3x5
deads 3x5
bench 3x5
dips 3x20
pullups 3x12
core

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

I'm not even sure I want one! I guess could be fun on gated-off logging roads, but no more single-track for me on a MTB... too much risk of head injury.

Sounds like our situation is similar. Short story, bought a Trek late 80's, broke the frame in Moab, and decided to go down a frame size with the warranty replacement, which was nice at the time for some of the stupid downhills we were doing ('nad clearance!) but as you say, now that I've banked a ton of miles on a bike that FITS me, this old thing is basically FUBAR... I think the glaring thing to do first is a seatpost with more setback. I took it for a casual spin this afternoon and could instantly tell, this thing wants to [bleep] up my knees, haha...

HiredGun, yeah, I wrote that on my pedal wrench many years ago! smile These aren't factory pedals, in fact I put them on there.... in the 90's..... wish I'd put some grease on the threads, though.

I have SPD's on my Roubaix and got MTB shoes with the thought that I'd add SPDs to the MTB too.

Somewhere I have a set of platform pedals with an embedded SPD cleat. I want to put them on so I can use it with regular shoes with the kids or on trails. We have a local Army Corps of Engineers lake with 25 miles or so of trails.

I need to pick something else for pedals and shoes for the Roubaix, though. Haven't really delved into that yet.

Pop-up storms yesterday kept me inside, so I did 20 miles on the trainer. Boring, but useful.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
up early (the heat wave continues) and got 3 miles in with Tiny Elvis

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Lower body yesterday, hips are a little tight today, 40 kg. goblet squats wear me out.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

I have SPD's on my Roubaix and got MTB shoes with the thought that I'd add SPDs to the MTB too.

Somewhere I have a set of platform pedals with an embedded SPD cleat. I want to put them on so I can use it with regular shoes with the kids or on trails. We have a local Army Corps of Engineers lake with 25 miles or so of trails.

I need to pick something else for pedals and shoes for the Roubaix, though. Haven't really delved into that yet.

Pop-up storms yesterday kept me inside, so I did 20 miles on the trainer. Boring, but useful.

I like the Speedplay pedals a lot. If you want to try a pair to see if you like them, I have a spare set I could send you to try out. You'd still have to get the SP cleats for your shoes of course but at least your cost to just try them would be minimal.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Wow, that's very cool of you to offer. Perhaps after hunting season....the SPD's got me this far, they'll get me a bit more, lol.

Spare time and money has been focused on elk. My new Mystery Ranch pack arrived today, so I loaded it up to 50lbs or so and did 5.3 miles up and down a mountain trail here locally.....climb up was 980'. A good half of the distance to the top was fairly flat, so there were some ball-buster slopes. Pack felt good.....legs were feeling it, but was on the bike Monday and Tuesday and then hiking today. Should rest tomorrow, but I'll probably run or ride, because Friday looks like we're gonna get slammed with t-storms and I won't be able to get outside, so I'll make hay while the sun shines, or something like that.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
3.5 miles w/ Tiny E early- saw two muley does and three fawns- they seemed pretty indifferent to our presence; got a little sparrow chasing in as well laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wow, that's very cool of you to offer. Perhaps after hunting season....the SPD's got me this far, they'll get me a bit more, lol.

Spare time and money has been focused on elk. My new Mystery Ranch pack arrived today, so I loaded it up to 50lbs or so and did 5.3 miles up and down a mountain trail here locally.....climb up was 980'. A good half of the distance to the top was fairly flat, so there were some ball-buster slopes. Pack felt good.....legs were feeling it, but was on the bike Monday and Tuesday and then hiking today. Should rest tomorrow, but I'll probably run or ride, because Friday looks like we're gonna get slammed with t-storms and I won't be able to get outside, so I'll make hay while the sun shines, or something like that.

Now that I think about it I also have some..... I think Look Keo's? You could try those as well. I prefer the SP's.

I'm buried in work right now. Gotta make some time to get out and hike/ride. Wife just got back from her big week long pack trip in NoCal so I'm exercising vicariously through her stories. smile

She's fired up for more so we are plotting a pack in to the Eagle Caps in NE Oregon in a week or so.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
got 3-ish miles in with Tiny Elvis this morning- our heat wave continues frown fortunately a small window early in the morning

[Linked Image]

Last edited by mtwarden; 07/14/17.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Tiny Elvis and I got in 5-ish miles this morning. Got a new running pack in the mail yesterday, going to get up early (dark) tomorrow and try and get a 20 miler in- part headlamp, part w/o- Tiny E will sit that one out laugh

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
set the alarm for 3:30 and got a nice 17 miles in before 7:30 smile saw several mule deer bucks, one really good one (25-26-ish) but he didn't hang around for a photo op

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
hope I'm not the only one working out laugh

legs were a wee bit sore today, not the bad sore, but sore smile

strength trained this evening
warmup
squats 3x5
bench 3x5
overhead press 3x5
dips 3x30
pullups 3x12
core

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I got nuthin'. frown

Picked up a great new customer for the biz but it's been a hectic stretch of time here doing the "stuff" to get ready to actually do the work.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Lifted Hard.
BP- 225X25reps, 275lbX10 reps, 295X 6reps 315lbs X 5 reps Progression with 2 reps at 365lb.then back down.
Jail House Dips X 50 reps X 5 sets. 2 plates Preacher bench X 5 reps, Deadlifts 315lbsX 10 reps, 385lbs X 8 Reps, 425X 5 reps, 465X 3 reps, 485X1 rep then down.

Moved a ton of gear.(Had to move 25 totes of hunting gear and books from shed into storage unit.(80F)

Moved a ton of freight.SW didn't disappoint.

Been working hard lately need to do more straight up cardio. We have been having to move a lot of stuff and also working for my mother from 9PM to 2AM because she wants to sell all of extra stuff. She is keeping homestead stuff for homestead but the other stuff is selling.

Page 49 of 79 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
176 members (32_20fan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 23 invisible), 2,020 guests, and 970 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,648
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.