24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
OP Offline
D
I thought a trigger guard like this would only be used for arctic warfare, where shooters are likely to be wearing mittens or heavy gloves:

[Linked Image]

But in Paris police carry this model everywhere. What is the point of even having that big handguard, given that the trigger is essentially unprotected from snags?

ARIC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The FAMAS has a pretty stiff trigger, at least the one I shot back in the ‘80’s did. They changed to that style for winter gloves as the original trigger guard was too small for thick gloves. The AUG is the same way.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GunGeek
The FAMAS has a pretty stiff trigger, at least the one I shot back in the ‘80’s did. They changed to that style for winter gloves as the original trigger guard was too small for thick gloves. The AUG is the same way.

Of course the trigger sucks. It's a bull pup.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Of course the trigger sucks. It's a bull pup.

Let me qualify that further...sucked for a Bullpup!!!
I will say that it was a VERY controllable rifle in full auto, and generally easy and fun to shoot. When the semi-auto's came to the US I really wanted one just to have something no one else had...but I ended up with a Sig STgW-57 instead.

Last edited by GunGeek; 07/14/17.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I"m seeing a big trigger guard....handguard isn't very big or unusual....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
I think he's talking about the guard around the pistol grip. Although the forend on a FAMAS is a bit wide on the bottom, even wider than the wide part of an AR triangular forend (IIRC).

Last edited by GunGeek; 07/17/17.
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by rost495
I think he's talking about the guard around the pistol grip. Although the forend on a FAMAS is a bit wide on the bottom, even wider than the wide part of an AR triangular forend (IIRC).

Right, there's no trigger guard, unless that little nub ahead of the trigger counts as something. All I see is a handguard looping up from the pistol grip to a point well in front of the trigger (and trigger nub).

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Well thats not a handguard by my definition, maybe a winter trigger guard but its no handguard at all.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
731 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,763
Posts18,401,397
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.