Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
8-10 weeks and counting. I think that it is a bad business policy to charge 100% upfront when there is a prolonged wait involved. Say I defaulted on one of my bad credit cards and would have to pay up to 20% for nothing. Still I anticipate a good receiver that is comparable to a custom action at a greatly reduced cost. Beggars can't be choosers but I would like to see a higher and more equitable business standard employed. Customer service will make or break a business and I know this all to well from running my own business for the last 22 years.

I'll get there eventually.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
BP-B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm still waiting on my follower from March.

$20 on my CC is much different than $350+.

Good luck boys.

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wish I had seen this earlier, they only have 223 and magnum bolt face models left at $455

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
They have had terrible service for a few years now.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Fjold
I wish I had seen this earlier, they only have 223 and magnum bolt face models left at $455

Where are you seeing that? All I can find is $750 for lh sa.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Got my tracking# yesterday. Hope to have it next week.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Got my tracking# yesterday. Hope to have it next week.

Best of luck. We would like to see/hear your thoughts on it once you receive it.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I received my tracking information today as well. I should have the action by the first part of next week, allowing for crappy Alaska shipping.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Just checked online and saw the price is now $790 or so.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I am holding tight for now but was seriously tempted by the stainless units at Bud's. Time to check in with PT&G again.

I CC'd one of their customer service reps and they gave me a partial refund I think only holding $150 as a deposit so maybe they actually read my rants and it is pretty decent of them to do this.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The machine work on mine is visually very good. It came with the one piece fluted bolt, the small diameter firing pin and a M16 extractor. It also has a new crappy Remington trigger. The bluing job was very nice.

Last edited by butchlambert1; 07/25/17.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The machine work on mine is visually very good. It came with the one piece fluted body, the small diameter firing pin and a M16 extractor. It also has a new crappy Remington trigger. The bluing job was very nice.
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Butch, Is your picture reversed? That looks like a righty.

T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Butch that is encouraging. I like the straight bolt and conservative knob. It torques me when some companies charge extra for a classic handle when you don't care for the four on the floor shifter tactickool look.

Did they chase the threads and other than hardware will it need any more work? If you add up all the extras I think it is a great deal.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by bbassi

Somebody asked about the ones on special. I do understand the thread, just posting pics of what they should get either LH or RH.
On the receiver it appears that the front ring was straightened to the bore as well as the lug abuttments. Dave said they straighten the threads, but said the newer Remington 700s have pretty good machine work out of the box. As most of you know Remington does these with CNC now.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by bbassi

Somebody asked about the ones on special. I do understand the thread, just posting pics of what they should get either LH or RH.
On the receiver it appears that the front ring was straightened to the bore as well as the lug abuttments. Dave said they straighten the threads, but said the newer Remington 700s have pretty good machine work out of the box. As most of you know Remington does these with CNC now.
It is a hell of a deal as these are new receivers with a PT&G bolt.

T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks. I think mine will be a lefty twin to yours with the same fluting. Can't wait to get into the Bourdan stock and screw on the 1/8 Krieger barrel in 6mmAI.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You will be happy.

T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Whoo hoooty got my booty. PT&G just called and it's out the door as soon as they get the FFL so seven weeks ain't too bad. Especially when they told me 18 weeks.

Under promise and over deliver they have my business for sure.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Im waiting on an order from 3/15.Ive called an emailed not one response. I just got though now. They are calling me back with my order status. Keep my fingers crossed.

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
717 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 89 invisible), 2,698 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,696
Posts18,399,917
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.