Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by KC
Originally Posted by John_Havard
Don't screw around and worry about saving a couple of bucks. Get the dinners for two and be done with it.

Tang [b]And Peach Brandy & cocoa and Peppermint Schnapps.

KC

[/b]

Fixt it for you.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
BP-B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Have the granola with milk and blueberries for breakfast a few days in a row and you won't have to worry about getting plugged up or enemas, but be ready to drop trousers quick when it hits.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by KC
Originally Posted by John_Havard
Don't screw around and worry about saving a couple of bucks. Get the dinners for two and be done with it.

True.

The 10# cans include a lot of stuff that you don't need like peas, pasta, etc. I like Chicken Fajita Bowl, Breakfast Skillet, and Italian Style Pepper Steak. BTW dinners for two only feed two midgets or children. I take a dinner for two and eat it all myself.

Oatmeal, Cup-O-Noodles, beef jerky, sandwich crackers.

Breakfast cereal and powdered milk.

Take some tortillas.

Dried fruit & peanut butter.

Tang & cocoa.

KC

I keep hearing about the meals for two aren't.... Carolyn and I have only ever done meals for two. Of course we split one, and we usually have a bit of other stuff like a few pilot bread crackers and maybe a bit of cheese and some chocolate, but I've never been able to eat a complete 2 person meal from them.

That said we've not been climbing for sheep or goats yet either... only elk, moose, mule deer, and fishing. And only to about 10K feet max.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Personally I like the pro-packs which are about 1.5 servings, supplemented with a tablespoon of olive oil and other odds and ends as you say. But on my one and only sheep hunt the guide and I had no trouble snarfing down a double serving each. He went about 145.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
another thought, though its all just mine and Carolyns, but really how bad is freeze dry food? I mean you are on your feet, not showering, packing around and you are going to complain that light, easy to fix food doens't make the gourmet list?

Heck I ate at a new place last night that has a "chef". Rice was bland. Black beans fine. FIsh tacos were damn sure nothing other than good.

New rope syndrome I call it. Had it at a big fire once, guy was "starving" I gave him one of my GU gels out of my bunker gear... he spit it out... LOL. I dont' give out my stash anymore either...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't like most freeze dried foods. For 2-3 day hunts, I'd do wheat toast, heavy dose of peanut butter, bacon cooked extra chrispy, and honey sandwiches. The calorie, fat, protein loads of those are very nice and I actually look forward to eating them. That along with trail mix and a variety of snack foods last 2-3 days easy. Plus no need to pack a heat source.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
360 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 40 invisible), 2,047 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,970
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.