Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Muffin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M

Last edited by muffin; 07/17/17.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
You left a "u" out of "ot". wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/17/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Muffin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jaguartx
You left a "u" out of "ot". wink

Thanks........................... smile

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
over time?

Black Cows Matter!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Extreme NW Florida close to the AL line is some mighty fine country, if I was ever gonna move, it'd be a very strong contender, game to hunt, beach for wifey, and conservative as hell! cool

Trump Won!
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Florida - A great state to be FROM!!! Not bad to visit.

Yes - I'm a Native Floridian - and a GATOR!

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by gunner500
Extreme NW Florida close to the AL line is some mighty fine country, if I was ever gonna move, it'd be a very strong contender, game to hunt, beach for wifey, and conservative as hell! cool

Going to look that area over for a few days this January . I lived in central florida for 10 years and 22 years ago there were a lot of nutjobs living there and apparently it is getting worse by the day.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Going to look that area over for a few days this January . I lived in central florida for 10 years and 22 years ago there were a lot of nutjobs living there and apparently it is getting worse by the day.

I liked what I saw there OEH, spent a couple three weeks there a few years back, then drove through the area again in 2012, the pro gun, no abortion billboards is what initially got my attention, I thought as I drove, there's some smart conservative folk in these parts.

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Been trying to get out of Florida for forty years. Even the Navy sent me here. Wife likes it, so guess what...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
..............................................You're staying. smile

Trump Won!
IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
florida crackers are much like georgia crackers. having said that my daughter in law is from jacksonville. not a bad place, just those pesky hurricanes.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Been trying to get out of Florida for forty years. Even the Navy sent me here. Wife likes it, so guess what...

Yeah but you live in a great area

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I liked what I saw there OEH, spent a couple three weeks there a few years back, then drove through the area again in 2012, the pro gun, no abortion billboards is what initially got my attention, I thought as I drove, there's some smart conservative folk in these parts.

My brother started the wheels turning when he bought 2 lots a few years back in the panhandle. He drives thru that area every year for our annual Alabama Deer hunt. He said it is not very densely populated as well.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
That's right, sparsely populated with plenty of room to stretch out if need be, in 2012 it still looked great, we were on our way to Orlando so Wifey could participate in the Goofy Run at disneyworld.

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
..............................................You're staying. smile

Correct. Best I can hope for is when I eventually retire, we'll be on the road a lot and spend a lot more time at our place in the PA mountains..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yes, then maybe scooting out West right quick for some more Elk and Buffalo hunting.

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That I will surely do and I need to see Alaska for moose via canoe and of course a lot more of Africa. We'll see,,,

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
That's what retirement is for, wifey and me want to die completely exhausted and flat broke. cool

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Florida a true love/hate relationship.
While not a native, I've spent some time here and I've experienced it from north to south and east to west.
My parents moved to Quincy from Durham, NC in 1978 while I was in the Corps. I quickly changed my residency to FL to get out of NC state income tax. After being discharged in 1981 I attended FSU in Tallahassee. A lot of people referred to north Florida as "south Georgia", being a southerner I loved north Florida; I could fish in the gulf and hunt in Georgia or Alabama to my hearts content. It was sparsely populated and that was OK.
I moved back almost two years ago to help my parents who are in poor health and when this runs it course I don't think I'd stay in FL (better half wants to go back to SC to be close to her family).
Over the years I have lived in the Daytona Beach area, south Florida, Sarasota and now Pasco county and there has been a lot of change to the state since the 1980's . I don't think it's a change for the good. Too many people for me (and all of the inherent problems that come with people).
If I had to stay here it would be the panhandle.

StarchedCover

Semper Fi
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Got an old traveling bud of mine that lives in the Vero Beach area, he loves it and says he'll be buried there.

Trump Won!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (6mmbrfan, 35, 14idaho, 280shooter, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 705 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,520
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.