Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger

Tell your cousin that sharks are fish, not mammals.

Agreed to the panhandle. Lived there for a bit in the 90's. I can enjoy many parts of Florida but the panhandle is the only part I'd consider living in.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Extreme NW Florida close to the AL line is some mighty fine country, if I was ever gonna move, it'd be a very strong contender, game to hunt, beach for wifey, and conservative as hell! cool

Going to look that area over for a few days this January . I lived in central florida for 10 years and 22 years ago there were a lot of nutjobs living there and apparently it is getting worse by the day.

I liked what I saw there OEH, spent a couple three weeks there a few years back, then drove through the area again in 2012, the pro gun, no abortion billboards is what initially got my attention, I thought as I drove, there's some smart conservative folk in these parts.

Lots of hardcore baptist street preacher types around P'cola. When I lived there I routinely got handed cards and flyers telling me my soul was headed for the great fire pit pit below if I didn't show up at their revival. Lol.

It was pretty amusing mostly. I'd just smile, say thank you, and round file it in the closest trash can. Kinda sad to see the young kids getting sucked into their BS though.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Extreme NW Florida close to the AL line is some mighty fine country, if I was ever gonna move, it'd be a very strong contender, game to hunt, beach for wifey, and conservative as hell! cool

Going to look that area over for a few days this January . I lived in central florida for 10 years and 22 years ago there were a lot of nutjobs living there and apparently it is getting worse by the day.

I liked what I saw there OEH, spent a couple three weeks there a few years back, then drove through the area again in 2012, the pro gun, no abortion billboards is what initially got my attention, I thought as I drove, there's some smart conservative folk in these parts.

Lots of hardcore baptist street preacher types around P'cola. When I lived there I routinely got handed cards and flyers telling me my soul was headed for the great fire pit pit below if I didn't show up at their revival. Lol.

It was pretty amusing mostly. I'd just smile, say thank you, and round file it in the closest trash can. Kinda sad to see the young kids getting sucked into their BS though.

That would not deter me from moving there, an influx of NY , NJ,MA, RI and CT license plates now we are talking.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am currently down in Miami again. White folks make up 13% of Miami-Dade. Non native born make up 51% of the population. Hispanic is 67%, blacks are about 20%. I had to hit the grocery store and put tires on the wife's car this morning. Both places, Publix and TirePlus, I was the only non white non hispanic person in sight.
THIS part of Florida sucks big time. Can't wait to drive back up to North Central Florida next week. Of course, there is nothing but commie liberals and blacks there. Sigh.

Sam......

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Mannlicher,

Why do you live in Florida? Seems like you would be happier elsewhere. You're welcome to come up during deer season and hunt with me in SC.

Dan

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
The panhandle is nice. I worked about 10 miles from GA and 1 mile from AL for 9 years of my adult life. Lots of deer/turkey/peanuts/ducks/doves/bass/alligators and Baptists.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

That would not deter me from moving there, an influx of NY , NJ,MA, RI and CT license plates now we are talking.

Same/Same here men, a bunch of thumpers wouldn't bother me one bit, they're pretty damn funny really.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Most of them are pretty damn funny! Some are just sweet old ladies, some obviously have a screw loose.

OEH - If yankee license plates turn ya off, steer WIDE of Florida!

I really liked Navarre when I lived there. I'm sure its become far busier than it was 2 decades ago though.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL and 10-4 too BTDT

Thumper: Son, do you know God?

Me: I've talked to him but don't know him, and neither do you.

Me: Hey wait, where are you going? what did you want to speak with me about? grin

Trump Won!
M
Muffin Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by StarchedCover
Florida a true love/hate relationship.
While not a native, I've spent some time here and I've experienced it from north to south and east to west.
My parents moved to Quincy from Durham, NC in 1978 while I was in the Corps. I quickly changed my residency to FL to get out of NC state income tax. After being discharged in 1981 I attended FSU in Tallahassee. A lot of people referred to north Florida as "south Georgia", being a southerner I loved north Florida; I could fish in the gulf and hunt in Georgia or Alabama to my hearts content. It was sparsely populated and that was OK.
I moved back almost two years ago to help my parents who are in poor health and when this runs it course I don't think I'd stay in FL (better half wants to go back to SC to be close to her family).
Over the years I have lived in the Daytona Beach area, south Florida, Sarasota and now Pasco county and there has been a lot of change to the state since the 1980's . I don't think it's a change for the good. Too many people for me (and all of the inherent problems that come with people).
If I had to stay here it would be the panhandle.

StarchedCover

Starched, I was born in Hernando Co., have lived in Dade for near 10 years, currently living in Citrus, 'family' moved here from AL back in the 1850's, if they sprinkle or bury me here I'll be generation #6........ hope your not too near the sinkhole in Land-O-Lakes...............

Last edited by muffin; 07/17/17.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like you should be packan all the time.

M
Muffin Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Sounds like you should be packan all the time.

OK! smile

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Most of them are pretty damn funny! Some are just sweet old ladies, some obviously have a screw loose.

OEH - If yankee license plates turn ya off, steer WIDE of Florida!

I really liked Navarre when I lived there. I'm sure its become far busier than it was 2 decades ago though.

They do turn me off. I meant when they turn those plates in and apply their new found Floriduh plates to their yankee vehicles. grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Careful, Sam, I'm white AND Hispanic. Ethnicity and race are two different things, although I will concede the point there is a lot of "mixing'...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ya, Floriduh is hazardous to your health. Cuz didn't even start namin' the critters down here that will ruin your day. One of the worst is Yankem Jerkimous, AKA yankees. They migrate during the winter and some wind up staying. They come at you from every direction these damn aliens.

Shotguns are your friend.

Don';t move to Floriduh, it ain't friendly here 'bouts.

Last edited by DigitalDan; 07/17/17.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
Mannlicher,

Why do you live in Florida? Seems like you would be happier elsewhere. You're welcome to come up during deer season and hunt with me in SC.

Dan

well, Miami is a necessity. That's where the money is. Gainesville is where we live. Kids are near, grand kids, business and friends. Happier somewhere else? Maybe. Life is what it is, but that does not mean I can't bitch about some stuff from time to time. smile

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Careful, Sam, I'm white AND Hispanic. Ethnicity and race are two different things, although I will concede the point there is a lot of "mixing'...

my biggest gripe about Hispanics in Miami is that I have one heck of a time finding anyone to speak English with. laughing

Sam......

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
589 members (160user, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,403 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,217
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.