Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
He said that regular service items like filters and other parts were higher cost than the comparable Kubota. He said that he had a number of issues including 3 point parts breaking (two attachment leveling assemblies replaced, and a cracked lower arm). He pushed snow with a 3pt mounted blade and that's when the items broke.

He also mentioned having loader hydraulic hose issues with the crimps not being sufficient and leaking hydraulic fluid. He wasn't real impressed with fuel economy, either but I don't recall him saying how bad it was.

Of course, I had to tell him "I told you so". grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I was running big equipment, say 150HP and over tractors, and related equipment such as combines, I'd say that JD was the best. I say that because of the resale value, parts, and the JD service. There are a lot of big grain farms here, and JD is the most popular, followed by Case-IH. In the mid HP category, say 50 to a 100+, most brands are pretty much similar, and I prefer NH. The under 50HP is very competitive, and as someone else has posted, a lot are made by the same company, and sold under different brands. I'm probably lucky in that where I live there are many dealers around, and parts are easy to get, at least in what I run. I have bought a few parts via the internet, and so far have been pretty well pleased. But, if you have a breakdown today, and need a part ASAP, it's very nice to know that your local dealer either has that part in stock, or will have it the next day. That's not always possible with some brands.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
As you said James, Parts, and service.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
As you said James, Parts, and service.

I have a friend who bought what I would call an "off brand" tractor, even though it's probably worldwide, one of the most popular. I'm not going to name the brand, as it's not my intention to start an argument on here. His dealer is small, and doesn't stock many parts, and when the man needs a part, he often has to wait days. I farmed full time for many years, and I know that you cannot be sitting still and waiting for parts when the sun is shining and there is work to be done. There is usually only a small window of opportunity to plant, spray, and harvest crops, so you need to be running when the time is right. I think that's why JD is so popular here, as the local JD dealers have always been the best in town. Although, that is changing somewhat here, as Case-IH has made great inroads in the big equipment market. It happened because the long time JD dealership changed hands, and some farmers didn't like the way JD went about doing it. Some switched to Case-IH exclusively, and some are now running both. Give a customer good service, and a good parts department, and you'll keep that customer.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Spot on James, a good brand in one location, may not be the brand to own at a different location.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
JD is the only tractor dealer that is not a minimum 3 hour drive. They are also the lowest price by about 4K.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Bender, if I may be so bold as to ask, how much is cash on the barrel head price?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
JD is the only tractor dealer that is not a minimum 3 hour drive. They are also the lowest price by about 4K.

So Mike, when do you pick up the tractor?

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Depends on the answer I get after I ask Wabi's question. If it's a cash price lower than finance vs 0 down and 0%.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
IIRC 0% financing requires a certain percent down payment to secure the note. Maybe new offers are more generous.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
JD, Kubota, and New Holland have 0down/0% OAC according to theirs sales dept.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

That's the way I bought my 12' batwing shredder. 0 down 0 interest 48 months.

Why would I take money out of the bank when they offer that? smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
$3.00 corn must have the machinery companies hurting some for sales.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I mentioned earlier that I did the 0/0 with JD a few years back. Kubota had the same 0/0 at the time and I was open to either one. Kubota was around $2000 cheaper to pay cash, JD had no difference cash or credit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
JD had no difference cash or credit.

I was trying to buy a pickup from a dealer once, and was negotiating a price. I was going to write them a check for it, but they offered it to me about a thousand dollars less if I financed it through them. I asked why, and they said they got a kickback from the finance company. Anyway, I didn't fall for it, as it was cheaper for me in the long haul to just pay for it up front. But, point is, you usually end up paying for what at first might seem like a good deal.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
JD had no difference cash or credit.

I was trying to buy a pickup from a dealer once, and was negotiating a price. I was going to write them a check for it, but they offered it to me about a thousand dollars less if I financed it through them. I asked why, and they said they got a kickback from the finance company. Anyway, I didn't fall for it, as it was cheaper for me in the long haul to just pay for it up front. But, point is, you usually end up paying for what at first might seem like a good deal.

At 0% it was a no brainer for me. There is no downside (unless you miss payments). I did ask the salesman about it and he said JD was pushing the idea of financing to maintain a steady income rather than seasonal. It is financed through JD, not an outside finance company.

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
heres where it's at:

Kubota 2601 - 21,150
NH Boomer 24 - 23,000
JD 1023E - 17,000

All have bumper to bumper 2 year/6 year on drive train
All have 0 down/0% for 5 year, OAC

Choice is clear to me unless there is something I'm missing.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JD 1023 Kubota B2601
Weight 1345# 1632#
Engine disp 900cc 1123cc
Engine HP 23.5 25.5
PTO HP 15.3 19.5
Lift capacity 1433# 1808#

The Deere is listed as a subcompact tractor, the Kubota as a compact tractor. Whether or not the added capabilities are worth $4000+ and an all day trip to Anchorage to get parts comes down to how you'll use it. My friends older Kuboat (B2320 as I recall) looks to be closer to the size of the deere and for what it was, pretty darn capable.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't forget to factor in the cost of implements if you're planning to buy some additional ones down the road.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My son and I bought a sub-compact JD quite a few years ago. It is a 2210, loader and mower deck. We've used it for a lot of things......mowing, moving dirt and gravel, pulling a 4 foot tiller, digging postholes, moving snow, and other types of yard work. It's fine for what it's designed for, but there is a limit to what we do with it. That's why I have bigger tractors. These sub-compacts, Kubota, JD, NH, and others are great little machines.....as long as you keep in mind that they have their limitations.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
110 members (35, 32_20fan, 338reddog, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,409 guests, and 698 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.