Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
They were all scared of The French Main Defence.......The Vespa 150 TAP!!!!!

Had they had it earlier..........during the actual war........

Yes. They have a model available.........

Most of the Troupe Aéroportée (TAP) 150's were used extensively in Algeria in the late
50's and early 60's. Some did make it to Indochine very late.

The French armor that the Germans feared was the Char B and B1vis. Read some French and German AARs on confrontations! One that always sticks in my memory is the one of 2, B's that destroyed a German column that had parked bumper to Bumper in a village one evening (trying to get all vehicle in village). Tanks simple took out lead and tail Armor and the rest was a turkey shoot.

Early german tanks in 1940 left alot to be desired.

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
They were all scared of The French Main Defence.......The Vespa 150 TAP!!!!!

Had they had it earlier..........during the actual war........

Yes. They have a model available.........

Most of the Troupe Aéroportée (TAP) 150's were used extensively in Algeria in the late
50's and early 60's. Some did make it to Indochine very late.

The French armor that the Germans feared was the Char B and B1vis. Read some French and German AARs on confrontations! One that always sticks in my memory is the one of 2, B's that destroyed a German column that had parked bumper to Bumper in a village one evening (trying to get all vehicle in village). Tanks simple took out lead and tail Armor and the rest was a turkey shoot.

Early german tanks in 1940 left alot to be desired.
Originally Posted by Clarkm
My late uncle was a Sherman tank driver in Normandy and said it was horrifying to see panzers come over the hill, because Sherman bullets arced to the target and panzers shot flat.
The tank commander sat above and behind and kicked my uncle on the shoulders to tell him how to steer.

We owe alot to his generation for sure.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Yes I think one of the best tanks the Germans had in 1940 was maybe the Cezch Skoda. Panzerkampfwagen 38? Maybe??? Don't remember for sure.

Kinda funny but The first German armor the 82 Abn encountered during Operation Market Garden was an SS unit driving captured French Char B's!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
You, sir, are an artist.

I didn't know there were that many variations of German tanks. IIRC, there weren't many Tiger 2's built.

Thanks for sharing your art with us and allowing me to prove (once again) that I can be wrong. :gain

Ed

And I second Ed's remarks! Phenomenal work!!! Well done!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Great work. Won a few contests in my teens on models. Really liked doing the work. never owned and airbrush either until I started on taxidermy where its a must.

Curious, slots were free? You said you didn't waste your allowance but if gambling ain't a waste, I don't know one. But I"m wiling to learn. LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Made em on my last tour in korea. Worked 8hrs a wk on 2id general staff , me and a katusa sgt would draw 9mm,s early monday morning , i would go get a breifcase full of documents from.the 2id cheif of staff. Stuff that could not be sent over the internet, drive to 8th army cheif of staff in yongson. Give him the briefcase and go back friday , get the briefcase and bring it back to 2id. Bought a fly tying jig , magnifying glass and made models and played slot machines at the bowling alley. Didnt go out cheating on the ole lady didnt drink and piss away my 300 dollars amonth allowance, made models , played slots smoked ciggerettes and drank coffee. 100% hand painted , no airbrush chit, won the pacific area army model contest in 05 and took 3rd army wide from a photo submission. Long fuqqing yr on general staff purgatory....
Dood...well done! I did a lot of scale modeling after my motorcycle accident when I was in my younger years, got pretty good. I was more into aircraft but did a little armor. Armor was fun when you get to weathering and making them look like they crashed through a few walls.

VERY nice work!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
When I was in High School, not only was I a model airplane nut.. I had the good fortune to work
at the Smithsonian building model displays.....

it was all volunteer work, but you had to be good and it had unbelievable benefits to it..

Like access to Silver Hill, which is essentially the Smithsonian's "garage"... storage area...

So I've been exposed to people that had some unbelievable skills...

That not withstanding, I can say you have some serious talent there Renegade...

You ever sent pics of your work to some of those Modeling Magazines?

If not, I can see some articles praising your talents in your future...

Especially with tying in, that you did all of those while stationed in Korea...

I was always an airplane number, but I think the guys who were into Armour, particularly Nazi Stuff
had the most fun.... Certainly was the same with Nazi Aircraft, with the camo extreme variations.

Are those Tamaya kits or Dragon? Both make some reason serious detailed kits
for those with the talents you display.

Kudos on your skills.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dang Seafire, I'm jealous.....the Smithsonian. That's saying something. Also, the OP does have some pretty serious talent there The WW2 German stuff seems to be what most people find interesting. Can't say as I blame them.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well I lived in Fairfax County at the time....

Got in there because some old folks liked the work I did on some models I'd bring
to the Local Chapter of the IPMS....They worked at the Smithsonian...

Me and a couple of my buddies also did all the model displays for the National Guard Museum...

can't remember the guy's name, but he liked our work.. he was heading the Museum... a retired
Two Star General...WW 1 pilot who flew with Eddie Rickenbacker....

It was just being in the right circles...but as I say, the real cool things were the benefits
of working there...Silver Hill being the crown jewel...

access to the Library of Congress to do research was the other really good one...

all sorts of cool stuff archived there...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by rost495
Great work. Won a few contests in my teens on models. Really liked doing the work. never owned and airbrush either until I started on taxidermy where its a must.

Curious, slots were free? You said you didn't waste your allowance but if gambling ain't a waste, I don't know one. But I"m wiling to learn. LOL.

Played the same 3 machines on a regular basis on saturday and sunday mornings. They were older ones all the same. They had counters on em, i would go in friday and saturday afternoon get the count and hit the next morning when the bowling alley opened up. Spend 20 bucks on the one with the highest count. All the old korean women in their that worked on cp red cloud, no americans. Knew i was on to something, the theory being that drunk players dump their winnings right back in and lose the intial money they put in and the machines pay out as an enticement to keep you playing more till a certain point. I would pocket half of small returns once i got my intial 20 back. And i would walk away on a huge return. The theroy was proved correct cause i would never see those women in their at any other time. The slots on military bases have to have a certain percent of payout. Some times my 20 was gone in minutes and i was done. Sometimes i would be their for a couple of hours or 15 minutes. Walk away with huge, or play half of winnings and compound those. Biggest thing is being able to walk away, drunks have a hard time doing that.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Beautiful work.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The regular tiger is a dragon kit , all the others are tamiya. I am just a novice compared to some of the builders on fine scale modeler website. Some of those guys are absoulote pro,s at what they make, astounding builds. I was driving around yesterday looking for 5.56mm ammo deals. Stopped in hobby lobby for chits and giggles looked at a m1a2 kit and a e8 model sherman contemplating getting one or the other. Then thought fugg i just will dust off the ones i have and post up pics and that will satisfy my urge to build . They had some serious dust on em ,i brought them home in summer 2005 , spent about 3 hrs with my barber brush , had to glue a few things back on till i got the right touch. Some fresh glue on a couple can be seen. Someday i will throw together a m1 from 72nd armoured or a e8 m4, probably the m1 ,my company got attached to c trp from those guys for the 1st 2wks of the ground war in oif1 for infantry support in ah najaf and karbala. Tanks draw fire, that aint cool.......

[Linked Image]

your barrel looks a little bit limp

DRGAF
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oh my, aren't those just adorable. Seems you use to rip on guys on here and accuse them of painting model tanks in their grandmas basement. Looks like you were just taking out years of frustration from being locked in your grandmas basement while painting tanks and sniffing paint fumes. This post screams "I need some love and affection from the same 24 hour campfire members that i've been a [bleep] to for the last 5 years". Your plea for attention is sad and pathetic. Must suck being a lonely loser.

"I'll beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. Play for blood, remember?" Doc Holliday
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Took me awhile of posting to draw you 2 out again.To the point that one of you just could not stand it anymore, and had to talk to the other for help. My last Jedi mind fuq 101 for both of ya. Yes i enjoyed all the behind the scenes coordinated tn mafia attacks back in the day. Was it not your good friend whom you have" helped so much" over the years that recruited me to come on this site and play the game and help with my input, after we all got banned from tn deer. The funny thing is you all are back on tndeer with different usernames acting all upright for this same attention you say i am seeking. I dont dwell on stupid high school tit for tat games cause someone got hurt feelings. Unlike you two, I dont have problems completely cutting ties with ex friends or an aquiantance.....I just make pretend they are dead or dying and dont matter to me anymore. Simple as that...... Have a nice day🤗

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BossHawg
Oh my, aren't those just adorable. Seems you use to rip on guys on here and accuse them of painting model tanks in their grandmas basement. Looks like you were just taking out years of frustration from being locked in your grandmas basement while painting tanks and sniffing paint fumes. This post screams "I need some love and affection from the same 24 hour campfire members that i've been a [bleep] to for the last 5 years". Your plea for attention is sad and pathetic. Must suck being a lonely loser.

Jesus....

Give it a rest.... why do you have to Fudk up a nice thread?

some of you trolls must live a pretty pathetic life.

if you didn't have the internet, you'd have no social life at all...

if you can call being a Troll a Social Life.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Took me awhile of posting to draw you 2 out again.To the point that one of you just could not stand it anymore, and had to talk to the other for help. My last Jedi mind fuq 101 for both of ya. Yes i enjoyed all the behind the scenes coordinated tn mafia attacks back in the day. Was it not your good friend whom you have" helped so much" over the years that recruited me to come on this site and play the game and help with my input, after we all got banned from tn deer. The funny thing is you all are back on tndeer with different usernames acting all upright for this same attention you say i am seeking. I dont dwell on stupid high school tit for tat games cause someone got hurt feelings. Unlike you two, I dont have problems completely cutting ties with ex friends or an aquiantance.....I just make pretend they are dead or dying and dont matter to me anymore. Simple as that.... Have a nice day🤗

I was going to say something nice about your model work until I read this post. Now I just want to tell you very unkind things.

I recall the way this forum was in the years before you TN azzhats pulled your invasion. The ruckus you bastards stirred up attracted trolls from all over the internet, and they stayed. A lot of good people left this forum forever as a result of that. Many of the rest of us cut back our posting a great deal, and most of us have moved to other sites. This site used to be one of the best sources for hunting and fishing info, for good humor and camaraderie. Not so much since you TN bastards came along.

So thanks a bunch. Your models are nice. May you accidentally sit on one and require the emergency services of a colorectal surgeon.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by BossHawg

Jesus....

Give it a rest.... why do you have to Fudk up a nice thread?

some of you trolls must live a pretty pathetic life.

if you didn't have the internet, you'd have no social life at all...

if you can call being a Troll a Social Life.

GFY Misfire. That's what your wife says your nickname is

"I'll beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. Play for blood, remember?" Doc Holliday
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Took me awhile of posting to draw you 2 out again.To the point that one of you just could not stand it anymore, and had to talk to the other for help. My last Jedi mind fuq 101 for both of ya. Yes i enjoyed all the behind the scenes coordinated tn mafia attacks back in the day. Was it not your good friend whom you have" helped so much" over the years that recruited me to come on this site and play the game and help with my input, after we all got banned from tn deer. The funny thing is you all are back on tndeer with different usernames acting all upright for this same attention you say i am seeking. I dont dwell on stupid high school tit for tat games cause someone got hurt feelings. Unlike you two, I dont have problems completely cutting ties with ex friends or an aquiantance.....I just make pretend they are dead or dying and dont matter to me anymore. Simple as that...... Have a nice day🤗

Enjoy your hot jobless day sucking up free Air Conditioning at the county library you washed up fuggin REMF. Tell Cookie Dawg to go play in the road

Last edited by BossHawg; 07/18/17.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Thank you for your input doc rocket.i never have changed my username. So your entitled to your veiw, I dont recall giving back more than i ever received or forcing anyone to post less. I think i contributed good stuff at times and still do. Ignore is an option. Like the tn mafia caused the downfall of 24hr.....PM ric bin and ask him about pm exchange back in the day when he responded to us about our postings, might enlighten some what he had to say to us. Ask him about my recent pm,s to him and how i was attempting to get banned from going after sitka deer and the stock return fiasco , i honestly didnt give a fuq about the whole matter, was just using to try and get banned, his solution was to let ren50 die off and start a new username, asked him to ban my sockpuppet another mafia member gave me called vouscrasher. I post the same as i always have, i just dont post to people i have disliked since day 1 (i will hammer liberals every chance i get) everyone on here knows one way or the other renegade50. Loved by few, hated by many. Nothing new. P.s. i had a father, so im not a bastard🤔

Last edited by renegade50; 07/18/17.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1941USMC, 12344mag, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,306
Posts18,468,127
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.