-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mayweather has more KO's than McGregor has wins.!

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It's going to be a side show but will make them both a fortune. Conor has no chance! He is not a pro boxer so the thought of him beating the undefeated champion is insane. If Conor gets through the fight without being knocked out/tko'd it would be a moral victory. I expect Floyd will be conservative until Conor is totally gassed then will unload on him in the late rounds. Floyd is not known for his punching power but he will have enough to stop a defenseless McGregor.

For what it's worth, I doubt Mayweather could make it 2 minutes against McGregor in a UFC fight.

Last edited by Theeck; 07/18/17.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Conor fights very long and rangy, with a unique herky jerky style to his timing...I don't think Floyd has been hit by anyone of Conor's power, it will be interesting either way....also smaller gloves than usual, power should be seen.

It's an exhibition, not a fight of equal skills...if MMA Conor would destroy him in 30 seconds or less.

McGregor's boxing "looks" great against MMA fighters. His style is very unorthodox. Unorthodox fighters tend to do well against middle of the road boxers(such as MMAs) but they tend to get exposed against top level fighters. Mayweather is one of the best ever. Also, Mcgregor is going to look slow in full sized boxing gloves.

Mcgregor couldn't get over on Nate Diaz boxingwise, I can't see how he will be able to handle the speed and movement of someone like Mayweather.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by nealglen37
After this fight I think McGregor plans to race Usain Bolt.

And I think some people might bet on him to win.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
LOL:

Conor McGregor has been knocked out during a sparring session ahead of his highly-anticipated showdown with Floyd Mayweather, according to Jessie Vargas.

Vargas, a two-weight world champion, made the claim during an interview with Villainfy Media and named Essex-based MMA fighter Bradley Wheeler as the man who did it.

It's all fake news, never happened...even Floyd called bs
http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/cono...ing-knocked-out-during-sparring-session/

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by nealglen37
After this fight I think McGregor plans to race Usain Bolt.

Funny..

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
LOL:

Conor McGregor has been knocked out during a sparring session ahead of his highly-anticipated showdown with Floyd Mayweather, according to Jessie Vargas.

Vargas, a two-weight world champion, made the claim during an interview with Villainfy Media and named Essex-based MMA fighter Bradley Wheeler as the man who did it.

It's in both their interests to say it is fake news. If people don't think it's a competitive fight, their paychecks get smaller.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
LOL:

It's in both their interests to say it is fake news. If people don't think it's a competitive fight, their paychecks get smaller.

So 1 fighter(Vargas)say's he "heard" Conor got knocked out, nobody confirmed it or filmed it....and it's fact ? CNN has a job waiting for you smile

MMA fighters are used to 4 oz gloves, nobody is knocking an MMA fighter out in sparring with 12 oz gloves.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
1 fighter(Vargas)say's he "heard" Conor got knocked out, nobody confirmed it or filmed it....and it's fact ? CNN has a job waiting for you smile

MMA fighters are used to 4 oz gloves, nobody is knocking an MMA fighter out in sparring with 12 oz gloves.

I don't know if it's true or not, just saying it's best for both of them if people think it isn't true.

And you are saying that people can't get knocked out with 12 ounce gloves?

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
1 fighter(Vargas)say's he "heard" Conor got knocked out, nobody confirmed it or filmed it....and it's fact ? CNN has a job waiting for you smile

I don't know if it's true or not, just saying it's best for both of them if people think it isn't true.

And you are saying that people can't get knocked out with 12 ounce gloves?

I'm saying an MMA fighter isn't going to get KO'd with 12 oz gloves in a sparring match, that he's paying for in his training camp at his gym.

I think the "smart" money is on Floyd, but don't for a second count Conor out of the fight...he's got 6 round to get it done, then he's dead meat to Floyd.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Gloves are to protect the boxer's hand and lessen the chance of cuts. They don't lessen knockouts.

Test case....put a 4 oz mma glove in a pillow case, swing it, and hit your wife with it. Then put a 12 (or 16) oz boxing glove in the same pillow case and hit her with it. Ask her which one she is happiest about.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Gloves are to protect the boxer's hand and lessen the chance of cuts. They don't lessen knockouts.

Test case....put a 4 oz mma glove in a pillow case, swing it, and hit your wife with it. Then put a 12 (or 16) oz boxing glove in the same pillow case and hit her with it. Ask her which one she is happiest about.

That's funny, 200% more padding(what changes the gloves weight)doesn't effect kinetic energy ?, why do you think they outlawed bare knuckle contests professionally ?...people would die.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Every Mayweather fight I've seen looked more like an episode of "Dancing With the Stars"... Lots of running/dancing around the ring..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anybody gonna watch this fiasco?

Might if it's free.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

That's funny, 200% more padding(what changes the gloves weight)doesn't effect kinetic energy ?, why do you think they outlawed bare knuckle contests professionally ?...people would die.

I'm just telling you the facts.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
A lot of people think McGregor is going to win but this is a boxing match, not an MMA fight and McGregor is severely outmatched for this one. If it were vice versa, McGregor would literally destroy Mayweather but Mayweather isn't stupid enough to fight on McGregors terms.

Exactly right.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'll watch this circus the next day on YouTube after Mayweather beats his ass.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
And they said Trump couldn't win the republican primary let alone the white house...Connor started boxing at 12 and won the novice championship at 16 then moved on to grappling.Most of his MMA wins are by striking and old Floyd is 40 years old..Most boxers coming out of retirement at 40 don't do all that well.(I said most)..Will Floyd have the stamina in the clinches against a pro grappler..

Connor has said if he don't get respect from Floyd,he just may get respect his way.(laughing)..He also told Floyd senior, he could put junior to sleep before he could get into the ring to stop it.All they hype leading up to possibly, a good short fight!

At the very least,I would like to see Connor kick that loud mouthed/ stuck up/ arrogant Mayweather into the next county.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

I'm just telling you the facts.

Must be different facts than science.

So, I put a 16 oz glove on and stick it inside a pillow case and punch you in the face....then bare knuckle fist inside a pillow case and punch you in the face...and you aren't going to feel the difference ? hahahaha come on now smile

If you don't think a 4 oz MMA glove(resembles a leather winter glove with fingers cut off), is going to do more damage than a heavily padded 12 oz boxing glove...I'm speechless.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Fights being fights, anything can happen.

My money is on Mayweather.

MMA isn't boxing.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1lessdog, 1234, 1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,656
Posts18,455,599
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.