B
They are both cockroaches. Fuggem both

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So...

What are they charging for the PPV?

(No, I'm not watching it)

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'd put my money on Mayweather but I'd love to see his ass knocked out by McGregor.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MojoHand
So...

What are they charging for the PPV?

(No, I'm not watching it)

Rumor has it $100 for PPV, but hasn't been announced yet...I'll be there either way.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CMG is going to roll old Floyd like he rolls his Rs...

Actually I kinda doubt it, but it sounds funny enough...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
It's pretty disgusting how much of a money grab this is.

Why?

Boxing is an entertainment busines not a sport

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
What makes it not a sport?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Maybeather hasn't been effective as a boxer, as in inflicting damage on an opponent, in over 10 years.

After he figured out he could dance away every round, box olympic style, and still win.

No white fighter would have been scored the victor in fights he won, and the sport was determined to have him beat Marciano's record.

He was allowed to duck mandatory challengers and drug testing all through his career.

'beater lost twice to Maidana, and lost to Victor Ortiz when he hit Ortiz twice during a break, knocking Ortiz out and making him unable to continue.

A clear violation of the rules, but was awarded the victory anyway.

Ain't no way Wifebeater loses this fight, less he has a heart attack and drops dead during the fight.

Then, it'll be scored a draw.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Test case....put a 4 oz mma glove in a pillow case, swing it, and hit your wife with it. Then put a 12 (or 16) oz boxing glove in the same pillow case
and hit her with it. Ask her which one she is happiest about.

Just ask Floyds x partner, but I think it was a bare fisted and boot affair when he used to beat up on her.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Money ?, that would eliminate 99% of all recognized sports today,,,as we know it.

2 men fighting 12 grueling rounds in a square ring, each man inflicting his will on the other, gladiators till the final seconds, willing to fight to exhaustion or unconsciousness....is a fuggin sport to me.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is going to be the greatest fight since Balboa took on Thunderlips!!!!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Gloves are to protect the boxer's hand and lessen the chance of cuts. They don't lessen knockouts.

Test case....put a 4 oz mma glove in a pillow case, swing it, and hit your wife with it. Then put a 12 (or 16) oz boxing glove in the same pillow case and hit her with it. Ask her which one she is happiest about.

That's funny, 200% more padding(what changes the gloves weight)doesn't effect kinetic energy ?, why do you think they outlawed bare knuckle contests professionally ?...people would die.

I'm just telling you the facts.

Must be different facts than science.

So, I put a 16 oz glove on and stick it inside a pillow case and punch you in the face....then bare knuckle fist inside a pillow case and punch you in the face...and you aren't going to feel the difference ? hahahaha come on now smile

If you don't think a 4 oz MMA glove(resembles a leather winter glove with fingers cut off), is going to do more damage than a heavily padded 12 oz boxing glove...I'm speechless.

I shouldn't say facts, just experience. The gloves inside a pillow case don't have a hand in them. It's not punching, they are empty and you're swing the pillow case with the glove in it.

From my experience with lots of training in MMA and training with lots of boxers working standup, there isn't enough difference between an MMA glove and a boxing glove to matter when hit....early in a fight or in early rounds. When we first started working with boxers we always trained in boxing gloves because we (and they) were worried about using MMA gloves. We did use MMA gloves when mixing in takedowns (no boxers involved here). After noticing there seemed to be no difference in getting hit with an MMA glove vs boxing glove we talked a few of the boxers into training with us in MMA gloves. After several training sessions they agreed that they couldn't tell a difference when hit in the early rounds or when fresh. I think there is little difference when fresh between a boxing glove and a MMA glove. I will say the MMA gloves lead to more cuts because there are more exposed seams, the seams on a boxing glove are less likely to make contact.

Now, I stated that there was little difference when fresh. After several sessions the boxers and us MMA fighters agreed that the longer a training session went, the harder the boxing glove seemed to hit. We were unanimous in agreeing on this. I don't know why, but my guess is the momentum of the heavier glove eventually helps a puncher punch harder as his muscles get tired. This is just an observation based on experience that all in the training agreed to. We were surprised but it is what it is.

There are a couple of reasons to train standup with boxing gloves rather than MMA glove however. First is cuts. A cut is much less likely with a boxing glove. Second is the boxer's hands. A boxing glove protects the hand a lot more than an MMA glove...and is also much easier to put on when hands are wrapped. Third is defensive based, if you can slip punches from a boxing glove you'll be able to slip them if a MMA glove is used....that said, it's easier to block/parry a boxing glove.

I can't speak to bare knuckle, only to MMA and boxing gloves. I can say if boxing was done bare knuckle the most useful defensive manuver would be to learn how to catch punches with the the head right above the hairline, working to catch the punchers last two knuckles. A lot of fights would end with broken hands in the first round.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I should mention, the amount of padding in a MMA glove over the knuckles is not much shy of the amount over the knuckles in a 12 oz boxing glove. The overall bigger size of the boxing glove makes up much of the weight. Padding over the knuckles is much closer between the two than you'd think.

Current MMA "training" gloves we use actually have more padding over the knuckles than 16 oz boxing gloves I use...but it's only over the knuckles, link below.

http://www.combatsports.com/combat-...vuLCV1QIVhDuBCh2BoQt1EAYYASABEgL8nfD_BwE

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I would have to agree with this regarding the gloves. Boxing gloves are much better at protecting the hands and may actually allow the fighter to throw harder. Protection for the thumb is virtually non-existent in the MMA gloves. One advantage to the lighter glove is that it allows for greater punch velocity; at least early on. Early days boxing gloves were only 6 oz. but probably weighed double that after a few rounds due to perspiration absorption.
As far as this fight is concerned, the best MMA striker is, at best, an advanced amateur boxer. Now, sometimes a good amateur can have limited success (see Patterson vs. Rademacher) but it isn't likely to last. I do hope McGregor can be competitive but I don't think he can be taught enough in the time he has. Mayweather actually does pretty well against southpaws. His lead right hand comes out of nowhere and southpaws are often open to it.
If I was going to advise a fighter going against Mayweather, I would advise him to protect well against that right hand while starting out with as many hard punches to the left kidney as he could get away with. This should get Floyd to quit turning his back. The other thing I would advise is to crowd him and keep punching. Unfortunately, infighting is something that MMA fighters don't do real well for the simple reason that, when they are inside, they are grappling and have to defend against potential submission holds. Not so in boxing and being able to punch well inside can pay dividends. Most MMA fighters tend to punch from outside and, when the range closes up, they grapple. I don't think McGregor has time to un-learn this behaviour. Against Mayweather, fighting at long range is fine but only if long range is still within range, the fighter keeps busy and does not eschew the jab, and he is able to protect against the counter. Again, too much for McGregor to learn in short time.
While it may be true that McGregor can punch harder, the truth is that Mayweather doesn't have to punch as hard as McGregor; he only has to punch hard enough. The record books are full of cases where a hard puncher was knocked out by a softer-punching but more skilled opponent.
I'm not sure I'll waste the money but it might be a good way to spend a night out with my son. GD

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
A lot of people think McGregor is going to win but this is a boxing match, not an MMA fight and McGregor is severely outmatched for this one. If it were vice versa, McGregor would literally destroy Mayweather but Mayweather isn't stupid enough to fight on McGregors terms.

Yep but CMG has done the impossible before, he's bigger, he hits harder...ya never know.
I'd love to see CMG beat his loud mouthed ass but I just don't see it happening. They don't call boxing the "sweet science" for nothing.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The local Wild Wings manager said they wanted $6,000 to show the event in the restaurant. He said fugk that.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm hoping McGregor says fugg it, goes for a take down and starts dropping elbows. Head kick would be ok. Maybe a choke.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A lot of people think McGregor is going to win but this is a boxing match, not an MMA fight and McGregor is severely outmatched for this one. If it were vice versa, McGregor would literally destroy Mayweather but Mayweather isn't stupid enough to fight on McGregors terms.

Yep but CMG has done the impossible before, he's bigger, he hits harder...ya never know.
I'd love to see CMG beat his loud mouthed ass but I just don't see it happening. They don't call boxing the "sweet science" for nothing.
They charge according to the number of seats, one of our local bars in town use to carry all the NFL games but it got so pricey they couldn't afford to keep carrying it. $6k for 1 fight is insane.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,453 guests, and 795 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,574
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.