-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm glad this fight is happening and I hope Mayweather whips some ass. Boxing as a sport has fell to the wayside and I'd like to see it stick around.

I saw an interview with Holyfield a few weeks ago and even he couldn't name the current Heavyweight Champ.

Fighting has evolved and I don't think anybody can argue that MMA is the most practical of all the disciplines but at the same time I think a lot of (younger) people have lost sight of the fact that a boxers hands are scary fast. Because that's all they're taught to use.

I don't like the fact that there's an eleven year age gap and I also don't like the "world tour" of schit talking. But I do like the overall concept of the fight and I do believe both are going there to win.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

It never ceases to amaze me when these athletes with 10s or 100s of millions of dollars end up with money and tax issues.

They don't lose the money.

The people they entrust lose or take the money.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm glad this fight is happening and I hope Mayweather whips some ass. Boxing as a sport has fell to the wayside and I'd like to see it stick around.

I saw an interview with Holyfield a few weeks ago and even he couldn't name the current Heavyweight Champ.

Fighting has evolved and I don't think anybody can argue that MMA is the most practical of all the disciplines but at the same time I think a lot of (younger) people have lost sight of the fact that a boxers hands are scary fast. Because that's all they're taught to use.

I don't like the fact that there's an eleven year age gap and I also don't like the "world tour" of schit talking. But I do like the overall concept of the fight and I do believe both are going there to win.

Travis

I was a huge fan of boxing back in the Hagler/Hearns/Leonard/Duran days, boxing became a dirty political game after that...champions not defending belts, Arum and King destroyed the sport with greed. Today guy's like De LeHoya are still doing it, the sport has been tainted like never before. HBO has been loyal to championship fights, but main stream TV doesn't bother anymore...back in the day the worlds biggest fights were televised for free, miss those days.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm not that old but my point is that if Mayweather does well it may rekindle the sport of boxing.

And every sport is riddled with greed. Boxing just happened to be the most transparent.

Duran was Tyson's hero.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

Travis

I was a huge fan of boxing back in the Hagler/Hearns/Leonard/Duran days, boxing became a dirty political game after that...champions not defending belts, Arum and King destroyed the sport with greed. Today guy's like De LeHoya are still doing it, the sport has been tainted like never before. HBO has been loyal to championship fights, but main stream TV doesn't bother anymore...back in the day the worlds biggest fights were televised for free, miss those days.

Boy do you fuggers make me feel old.

I'm from the Floyd Patterson/Ingemir JoHanson/Sonny Liston......pre Allie era.

http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2606226

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mayweather is favored 4/1 last I saw, but being a fan of MMA/UFC would still like CMG to crush him. Floyd isn't too well liked in boxing, Manny gets cheered while Floyd gets booed. But Floyd's skills can't be denied, nor his undefeated record.

I would think a strong showing by both men, would help the UFC more by exposure to new fans. Few combat sports are shown on TV today, the public would rather watch Big Brother and Dancing With The Stars.

Just saw Oscar ripping Floyd a new ass
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ther-has-not-been-good-boxing/493031001/

Oscar destroys his own sports integrity, by denouncing the event...fool and I was a big fan when he was a fighter.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Merriweather won't kill him, but if he wanted to and they let him he could.

laissez les bons temps rouler
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sugar Ray got me interested in boxing at a young age. Then came Tyson and Holyfield in their primes and it was a very entertaining sport. After that boxing went to chit IMO.

Tyson in his prime was one scary SOB!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Mayweather is favored 4/1 last I saw, but being a fan of MMA/UFC would still like CMG to crush him. Floyd isn't too well liked in boxing, Manny gets cheered while Floyd gets booed. But Floyd's skills can't be denied, nor his undefeated record.

I would think a strong showing by both men, would help the UFC more by exposure to new fans. Few combat sports are shown on TV today, the public would rather watch Big Brother and Dancing With The Stars.

Oscar destroys his own sports integrity, by denouncing the event...fool and I was a big fan when he was a fighter.

Oscar De La F a g g o t stays true to form.

Dave

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Merriweather will cripple his arms for fun. Then when he could kill him they will stop the fight.

McGregor's best chance is an early head kick. He tries to box even a little and he will quickly learn how vicious the pros can hit.

Last edited by battue; 07/19/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
They don't lose the money.

The people they entrust lose or take the money.

Dave

I'm sure the parasites around these guys suck blood from their financial veins to fund the lifestyle they can't create on their own, but a lot of these guys sure do waste a lot of money on "bling" and other useless schit, and nobody forces them to buy that.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Travis

Add Ali and Holmes to that list. Just watched Ali towards the end of his career, but it was still memorable along with the ones you listed. I didn't know it at the time but I was watching the peak of boxing in my lifetime. We didn't have TV but I watched every bout I could and back then if you got the 3 big networks you could watch every boxing match of any significance.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Oscar De La F a g g o t stays true to form.

Dave

Ever since the fishnet stockings and bra selfie picture, his azz is worthless to me...what an image.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by battue
Merriweather will cripple his arms for fun. Then when he could kill him they will stop the fight.

McGregor's best chance is an early head kick. He tries to box even a little and he will quickly learn how viscous the pros can hit.

I don't see all this power in any of Floyd's fights, a fast jab and running yes...but to dismantle Conor won't happen in the first 5-6 rounds, after CMG gasses who knows smile

Originally Posted by ShadeTree

Add Ali and Holmes to that list. Just watched Ali towards the end of his career, but it was still memorable along with the ones you listed. I didn't know it at the time but I was watching the peak of boxing in my lifetime. We didn't have TV but I watched every bout I could and back then if you got the 3 big networks you could watch every boxing match of any significance.

That's the truth there, I remember loving Saturday afternoon fights on the big 3 channels...the biggest fights the times had to offer.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Payday for both. 22mil off mayweather for the irs. He is gonna dance and backup like he always has as a defensive fighter. I hope mcgregor can get him in the corners a couple of times at least. Let floyd dance and retreat and wear boxing gloves. Let connor wear mma gloves but only with boxing rules. That would even up things somewhat. This bout will do nothing for boxings decline. Pay per veiw payday event is what it is..... mma is where it is at now, boxing is slow like baseball both are in a steady decline.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by renegade50
Payday for both. 22mil off mayweather for the irs. He is gonna dance and backup like he always has as a defensive fighter. I hope mcgregor can get him in the corners a couple of times at least. Let floyd dance and retreat and wear boxing gloves. Let connor wear mma gloves but only with boxing rules. That would even up things somewhat. This bout will do nothing for boxings decline. Pay per veiw payday event is what it is..... mma is where it is at now, boxing is slow like baseball both are in a steady decline.

What a dumb fugk.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
6-7 years ago Ace and I were exiting a 'club'.

Got jumped and we street fought our way to the Yukon Denali way out in the parking lot..

No guns but lots of fists flying and knives flashing.....

Pretty sure Ace could out box Floyd(without gloves on....).

Connor basically copied Ace's fighting style so he will probably win.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like I'd like Ace too smile

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SamOlson
6-7 years ago Ace and I were exiting a 'club'.

Got jumped and we street fought our way to the Yukon Denali way out in the parking lot..

No guns but lots of fists flying and knives flashing.....

Pretty sure Ace could out box Floyd(without gloves on....).

Connor basically copied Ace's fighting style so he will probably win.

Calling bullschit.

Ace always wears gloves.

Fingerless.

And always.

Clark

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm really curious to see what the fighters do when they get in the ring. It's a win for McGregor just to get this fight. It's amazing that he hyped things enough to make it happen. He's never had a boxing match yet in his very first boxing match he fights a guy who has NEVER lost a boxing match and won titles across the board.

I want to see if McGregor is planning to really fight or box. The best boxers couldn't beat Mayweather boxing, McGregor can't either. If McGregor turns it into a fight (under boxing rules) he might make it "interesting". Will he spend lots of time inside tying Mayweather up, leaning on him, pulling on his head, making him carry his weight....will he stay far outside taunting Mayweather, running from Mayweather trying to frustrate him and make him box offensively and then try to get shots in as Mayweather comes in...will he mix those things up....or will he come in with no strategy and end up making Mayweather look even better? If he boxes with Mayweather I think McGregor will be lucky to get a single clean shot in. If he makes it an ugly fight it might be more interesting.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

81 members (264mag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 308xray, 673, 15 invisible), 1,114 guests, and 859 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,220
Posts18,447,482
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.