Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by renegade50
Payday for both. 22mil off mayweather for the irs. He is gonna dance and backup like he always has as a defensive fighter. I hope mcgregor can get him in the corners a couple of times at least. Let floyd dance and retreat and wear boxing gloves. Let connor wear mma gloves but only with boxing rules. That would even up things somewhat. This bout will do nothing for boxings decline. Pay per veiw payday event is what it is..... mma is where it is at now, boxing is slow like baseball both are in a steady decline.

What a dumb fugk.

A hyped up pay per veiw event is pretty similar to your staged disappearences and theatrics the last 2 springs, not for money though.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
A lot of people think McGregor is going to win but this is a boxing match, not an MMA fight and McGregor is severely outmatched for this one. If it were vice versa, McGregor would literally destroy Mayweather but Mayweather isn't stupid enough to fight on McGregors terms.

This.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Add Ronda Rousey VS B-Rock Obama to the undercard and I'm in.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by deflave
Payday for both. 22mil off mayweather for the irs. He is gonna dance and backup like he always has as a defensive fighter. I hope mcgregor can get him in the corners a couple of times at least. Let floyd dance and retreat and wear boxing gloves. Let connor wear mma gloves but only with boxing rules. That would even up things somewhat. This bout will do nothing for boxings decline. Pay per veiw payday event is what it is..... mma is where it is at now, boxing is slow like baseball both are in a steady decline.

What a dumb fugk.

A hyped up pay per veiw event is pretty similar to your staged disappearences and theatrics the last 2 springs, not for money though.

What a MORON.

"I'll beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. Play for blood, remember?" Doc Holliday
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by SamOlson
6-7 years ago Ace and I were exiting a 'club'.

Got jumped and we street fought our way to the Yukon Denali way out in the parking lot..

No guns but lots of fists flying and knives flashing.....

Pretty sure Ace could out box Floyd(without gloves on....).

Connor basically copied Ace's fighting style so he will probably win.

Legendary.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
6-7 years ago Ace and I were exiting a 'club'.

Got jumped and we street fought our way to the Yukon Denali way out in the parking lot..

No guns but lots of fists flying and knives flashing.....

Pretty sure Ace could out box Floyd(without gloves on....).

Connor basically copied Ace's fighting style so he will probably win.

Club?
What?

Did you two Lutherans crash a pentecostal prayer meeting?
Those people are serious.
Did Ace fight off angels too?

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Must have been a good night because I forgot I'd posted that!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Anybody gonna watch this fiasco?

I certainly wouldn't pay to watch it. I fail to understand the appeal of the chirping leprechaun and haven't watched boxing since the 80's. I understand that Mayweather is pretty good at his craft though. The leprechaun has the proverbial puncher's chance I suppose.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C

No way I'd pay for it. I don't think McGregor has a chance to win it. He had plenty of trouble with Nate Diaz and Nate is a pretty good boxer, but he's not on par with Mayweather. Mayweather is a excellent defensive strategist. He's very tough to hit. I understand the strategy is to take McGregor into the later rounds when he will be tired but at 40 I'm not so sure how good a strategy that is. I know we are talking a lot of money on this fight. Went to the movie last night and they were advertising the fight. So a lot of money is being spent before they ever make a dime. I'll be glad when it's over.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It will be in TV in week or two afterward free, if not, oh well, figure it will go the distance and the outcome is already known.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mayweather is gunna make Conner look like the idiot he is. Conner is that is. Make Conner look like the idiot he is. Conner I mean, is.

LOL
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

No way I'd pay for it. I don't think McGregor has a chance to win it. He had plenty of trouble with Nate Diaz and Nate is a pretty good boxer, but he's not on par with Mayweather. Mayweather is a excellent defensive strategist. He's very tough to hit. I understand the strategy is to take McGregor into the later rounds when he will be tired but at 40 I'm not so sure how good a strategy that is. I know we are talking a lot of money on this fight. Went to the movie last night and they were advertising the fight. So a lot of money is being spent before they ever make a dime. I'll be glad when it's over.

Not a huge McGregor fan but McGregor was the 145lb champ and went up two weight classes to fight Diaz at 170....and not on purpose. He was planning to fight up at 155 and his opponent had to withdraw....so he had to fight up at 170. You won't see many fighters willing to fight up 2 weight classes. Diaz isn't anywhere as good of a boxer as Mayweather.....but size matters. In the lower weight classes the difference matters, it really matters.

I'm interested to see what's going to happen and the fight plan each of them will try to implement. I don't care for the attitude of either of the fighters, but the show may be worth watching.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IF this is a serious fight, and not staged, Mayweather will play with him as long as he wants it to go on and end it certain and sudden. the skill set with his fists AND his abilty to defend and slip punches is so far superior to any MMA fighter.

What if they had MMA rules? I'm not sure. Mayweaher would have serious problems if he was put on the canvas, yet his hands and are so fast and skilled he could end it at the opening bell.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by hatari
IF this is a serious fight, and not staged, Mayweather will play with him as long as he wants it to go on and end it certain and sudden. the skill set with his fists AND his abilty to defend and slip punches is so far superior to any MMA fighter.

What if they had MMA rules? I'm not sure. Mayweaher would have serious problems if he was put on the canvas, yet his hands and are so fast and skilled he could end it at the opening bell.

lol..... Mayweather should win this, no doubt, but McGregor has a "puncher's chance". MMA rules Mayweather doesn't stand a chance at all...none, nada, nothing....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by hatari

I doubt it. A pure hands striker has little chance against a top mma guy. To get close enough to punch puts him in the range of leg kicks, and a real ground and pounder would stay covered up, close, and take him down. On the ground it's all over. His face is cut up from elbows dropping in, he loses the use of a limb or joint, or he sees the lights dim as the O2 runs out in his brain.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by battue
Merriweather will cripple his arms for fun. Then when he could kill him they will stop the fight.

McGregor's best chance is an early head kick. He tries to box even a little and he will quickly learn how vicious the pros can hit.

----------

It's a match with only boxing rules: kicking or take downs not permitted. A professional boxer such as Mayweather is going to jab McGregor into a bloody stupor.

It's not even a fair match-up.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by isaac
Originally Posted by battue
McGregor's best chance is an early head kick. He tries to box even a little and he will quickly learn how vicious the pros can hit.

It's a match with only boxing rules: kicking or take downs not permitted.

True, but that's about the only way I'd pay to see this fight.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Mayweather should win this, no doubt, but McGregor has a "puncher's chance". MMA rules Mayweather doesn't stand a chance at all...none, nada, nothing....

That says it all, Conor would destroy him if MMA rules...but it's not. I'll probably pay to watch it anyway, hell a CMG 1st round KO would be great.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Said it before and I'll say it again.
Anyone can beat anyone on any given day.
And when it's over, if Conner wins, it's going to be a lot more devastating because it is a boxing match.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm buyin' this [bleep] regardless.

Some of you are so tight your ass squeaks.

Mine is loose.

Wait... what?

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 59 invisible), 2,968 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,347
Posts18,468,810
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.