Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ringworm
Said it before and I'll say it again.
Anyone can beat anyone on any given day.
And when it's over, if Conner wins, it's going to be a lot more devastating because it is a boxing match.

thats it right there.... and why i don't bet on sports.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by ringworm
Said it before and I'll say it again.
Anyone can beat anyone on any given day.
And when it's over, if Conner wins, it's going to be a lot more devastating because it is a boxing match.

thats it right there.... and why i don't bet on sports.

I don't bet on anything, as a rule of thumb anyway.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Mayweather should win this, no doubt, but McGregor has a "puncher's chance". MMA rules Mayweather doesn't stand a chance at all...none, nada, nothing....

That says it all, Conor would destroy him if MMA rules...but it's not. I'll probably pay to watch it anyway, hell a CMG 1st round KO would be great.

McGregor has never had a boxing match. Mayweather is one of the best boxers alive, undefeated as a professional. McGregor has won already just by getting this fight set up, amazing that he pulled that off.

I'd not shell out the $ to watch it by myself, but with a group of 10 folks it's cheap entertainment and I'm very interested to see how each fighter implements their fight plan (and what it is).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
IF this is a serious fight, and not staged, Mayweather will play with him as long as he wants it to go on and end it certain and sudden. the skill set with his fists AND his abilty to defend and slip punches is so far superior to any MMA fighter.

What if they had MMA rules? I'm not sure. Mayweaher would have serious problems if he was put on the canvas, yet his hands and are so fast and skilled he could end it at the opening bell.

How are we going to know if it is staged? If it is truly legit fight I would bet a "C" note on Connor. But you're adding the "IF" so you will have an out.

By the way I'm postponing a fishing trip to watch the fight.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Mayweather should win this, no doubt, but McGregor has a "puncher's chance". MMA rules Mayweather doesn't stand a chance at all...none, nada, nothing....

That says it all, Conor would destroy him if MMA rules...but it's not. I'll probably pay to watch it anyway, hell a CMG 1st round KO would be great.

McGregor has never had a boxing match. Mayweather is one of the best boxers alive, undefeated as a professional. McGregor has won already just by getting this fight set up, amazing that he pulled that off.

I'd not shell out the $ to watch it by myself, but with a group of 10 folks it's cheap entertainment and I'm very interested to see how each fighter implements their fight plan (and what it is).

I give Conor 5 rounds to get it done, or Mayweather will pound him till the end...the odds on the fight have changed substantially since the onset.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At least the 8 oz. gloves guarantees it won't be a pillow fight.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I give Conor 5 rounds to get it done, or Mayweather will pound him till the end...the odds on the fight have changed substantially since the onset.

I'm wondering how long it will go and how each fighter will feel the longer it goes. McGregor is usually well conditioned and Mayweather always is. If he doesn't eat to many jabs early McGregor may be tough for Mayweather to handle in the later rounds, especially if McGregor spends much of the fight really hanging on Mayweather tying it up and making him carry his weight. If Mayweather consistently lights McGregor up early, makes McGregor continually miss, and avoids McGregor tying him up he should cruise through it.

If McGregor can make Mayweather mad enough, and McGregor can weather the storms, Mayweather might make a mistake. McGregor needs to make it an ugly war, Mayweather needs to make it a boxing match.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I was watching the Showtime 24/7 episodes leading up to this fight. It seems like McGregor is a very bad boxer. He may be a really dangerous killer in his own right but he can't box at all.

Even this 40 year old version of Mayweather is going to pound him into submission. Probably 2 or 3 rounds at most. Unless Mayweather just wants to carry him for more rounds. At least Connor will be well paid for his efforts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My prediction is a split decision which will guarantee a re-match and more $millions!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A money raking stunt....that said Moneyweather will win.

to give it some creed, they should have a re-match under MMA rules
the result would be obvious.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This fight like a lot of others is mainly to separate people from their money.
It's kinda like playing a slot machine that knows what the next spin will bring before any money is inserted.

It's as real as this..
[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Its a no win for either fighter....mcgregor wins he beats a old has been...mawether wins he just beat a guy he should with no problem...
I see no point other than a made up stunt and no doubt it will make millions....mcgregor is a tough sob but if he wins I won't help but think it's a setup for a rematch...and more millions...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
There's no way this could be a balanced fight. Neither contestant is of the same caliber in the other's rule set.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ali v Aoki redux, withCMG surely getting a dq and hoping for rematch

1/504 PIR
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
To say these guys are going to make "millions" is an understatement. I'm not sure most folks know how much these guys could earn in this fight. If the PPV numbers are strong, and all signs are pointing that way, then Mayweather could earn more than 400 million and McGregor could earn more than 100 million. I don't think it will be much of a contest at all, but these two smack talkers pulled off the heist of the century. They scammed everyone all the way to the bank. Good for them.

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by isaac
Originally Posted by battue
Merriweather will cripple his arms for fun. Then when he could kill him they will stop the fight.

McGregor's best chance is an early head kick. He tries to box even a little and he will quickly learn how vicious the pros can hit.

----------

It's a match with only boxing rules: kicking or take downs not permitted. A professional boxer such as Mayweather is going to jab McGregor into a bloody stupor.

It's not even a fair match-up.

Lock Pick!!!! Connor wins easily. grin

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
Its a no win for either fighter....mcgregor wins he beats a old has been...mawether wins he just beat a guy he should with no problem...
I see no point other than a made up stunt and no doubt it will make millions....mcgregor is a tough sob but if he wins I won't help but think it's a setup for a rematch...and more millions...

Considering Mayweather as "a old has been" is ignorance. Last fight was a little less than 2 years ago. 49-0. I don't care a lot for him, but his defense and physical ability is on a different level even at the age of 40. If McGregor somehow pulled this off....honestly, he shouldn't be able to land a single clean shot....he has done something special. It's a win/win for McGregor.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The more ads I see for this thing, the more of a disgusting money grab this becomes for me. There's no way in hell I'm adding to the bottom line for these two fuggers.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
McGregor Will have Mayweather choked out or arm-barred within minutes. LOL.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
McGregor Will have Mayweather choked out or arm-barred within minutes. LOL.

In a straight boxing match? It isn't mma rules.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

197 members (30Gibbs, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 345dl, 1_deuce, 264mag, 29 invisible), 2,687 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,637
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.