OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Anybody gonna watch this fiasco?

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Floyd Mayweather? He has to be in his 60s ain't it?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I think that Conner can take anything that Floyd can deliver.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hoping to watch but not expecting much of a fight

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TBREW401
I think that Conner can take anything that Floyd can deliver.

Floyd should be able to deliver a lot of it...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A lot of people think McGregor is going to win but this is a boxing match, not an MMA fight and McGregor is severely outmatched for this one. If it were vice versa, McGregor would literally destroy Mayweather but Mayweather isn't stupid enough to fight on McGregors terms.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Exactly, it's Floyd against a non-professional boxer. This shouldn't even be a contest.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
A lot of people think McGregor is going to win but this is a boxing match, not an MMA fight and McGregor is severely outmatched for this one. If it were vice versa, McGregor would literally destroy Mayweather but Mayweather isn't stupid enough to fight on McGregors terms.

Yep but CMG has done the impossible before, he's bigger, he hits harder...ya never know.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Maybeather runnin backwards for 12 rounds, as always, cept an octagon is even bigger than a ring.

Only boxer in history, hasta resole the heels of his boxin shoes.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It's pretty disgusting how much of a money grab this is.

MOLON LABE
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No way, I'll pay for this. The powers in charge are gonna do all they can to try making this look competitive. They will promote the "punchers chance" thing, but in my mind CMG doesn't stand a chance. Like huntinaz said, a non-boxer against a pro in two completely different forms of fighting. Floyd may let him hang around for 5 or 6 rounds as he peppers CMG and racks up points, just to give the viewers some of their moneys worth.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
A sham designed to take suckers money. Not anything new...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

Not if they paid me...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lonny
No way, I'll pay for this. The powers in charge are gonna do all they can to try making this look competitive. They will promote the "punchers chance" thing, but in my mind CMG doesn't stand a chance. Like huntinaz said, a non-boxer against a pro in two completely different forms of fighting. Floyd may let him hang around for 5 or 6 rounds as he peppers CMG and racks up points, just to give the viewers some of their moneys worth.

Hang around for 5-6 rounds ?...Floyd couldn't knock out his grandmother, he's had problems with southpaws in the past...I hope Conor knocks his head into the 5th row seats.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey I hope he does too, but he won't be able to hit it. He'll have his chance to prove me wrong of course.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntinaz
Hey I hope he does too, but he won't be able to hit it. He'll have his chance to prove me wrong of course.

Conor fights very long and rangy, with a unique herky jerky style to his timing...I don't think Floyd has been hit by anyone of Conor's power, it will be interesting either way....also smaller gloves than usual, power should be seen.

It's an exhibition, not a fight of equal skills...if MMA Conor would destroy him in 30 seconds or less. But remember when Ali decided to take on the Japanese Pro wrestler ?, yet that didn't work out as many thought.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
After this fight I think McGregor plans to race Usain Bolt.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If he wins, I'd be betting on a rematch filling CMG's time...he'll pull huge money down.

And Floyd seems to have big IRS issues, owes taxes...Mr.Money my azz

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
LOL:

Conor McGregor has been knocked out during a sparring session ahead of his highly-anticipated showdown with Floyd Mayweather, according to Jessie Vargas.

Vargas, a two-weight world champion, made the claim during an interview with Villainfy Media and named Essex-based MMA fighter Bradley Wheeler as the man who did it.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mayweather has more KO's than McGregor has wins.!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It's going to be a side show but will make them both a fortune. Conor has no chance! He is not a pro boxer so the thought of him beating the undefeated champion is insane. If Conor gets through the fight without being knocked out/tko'd it would be a moral victory. I expect Floyd will be conservative until Conor is totally gassed then will unload on him in the late rounds. Floyd is not known for his punching power but he will have enough to stop a defenseless McGregor.

For what it's worth, I doubt Mayweather could make it 2 minutes against McGregor in a UFC fight.

Last edited by Theeck; 07/18/17.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Conor fights very long and rangy, with a unique herky jerky style to his timing...I don't think Floyd has been hit by anyone of Conor's power, it will be interesting either way....also smaller gloves than usual, power should be seen.

It's an exhibition, not a fight of equal skills...if MMA Conor would destroy him in 30 seconds or less.

McGregor's boxing "looks" great against MMA fighters. His style is very unorthodox. Unorthodox fighters tend to do well against middle of the road boxers(such as MMAs) but they tend to get exposed against top level fighters. Mayweather is one of the best ever. Also, Mcgregor is going to look slow in full sized boxing gloves.

Mcgregor couldn't get over on Nate Diaz boxingwise, I can't see how he will be able to handle the speed and movement of someone like Mayweather.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by nealglen37

And I think some people might bet on him to win.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL:

Conor McGregor has been knocked out during a sparring session ahead of his highly-anticipated showdown with Floyd Mayweather, according to Jessie Vargas.

Vargas, a two-weight world champion, made the claim during an interview with Villainfy Media and named Essex-based MMA fighter Bradley Wheeler as the man who did it.

It's all fake news, never happened...even Floyd called bs
http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/cono...ing-knocked-out-during-sparring-session/

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by nealglen37

Funny..

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
LOL:

It's in both their interests to say it is fake news. If people don't think it's a competitive fight, their paychecks get smaller.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL:

It's in both their interests to say it is fake news. If people don't think it's a competitive fight, their paychecks get smaller.

So 1 fighter(Vargas)say's he "heard" Conor got knocked out, nobody confirmed it or filmed it....and it's fact ? CNN has a job waiting for you smile

MMA fighters are used to 4 oz gloves, nobody is knocking an MMA fighter out in sparring with 12 oz gloves.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
1 fighter(Vargas)say's he "heard" Conor got knocked out, nobody confirmed it or filmed it....and it's fact ? CNN has a job waiting for you smile

MMA fighters are used to 4 oz gloves, nobody is knocking an MMA fighter out in sparring with 12 oz gloves.

I don't know if it's true or not, just saying it's best for both of them if people think it isn't true.

And you are saying that people can't get knocked out with 12 ounce gloves?

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
1 fighter(Vargas)say's he "heard" Conor got knocked out, nobody confirmed it or filmed it....and it's fact ? CNN has a job waiting for you smile

I don't know if it's true or not, just saying it's best for both of them if people think it isn't true.

And you are saying that people can't get knocked out with 12 ounce gloves?

I'm saying an MMA fighter isn't going to get KO'd with 12 oz gloves in a sparring match, that he's paying for in his training camp at his gym.

I think the "smart" money is on Floyd, but don't for a second count Conor out of the fight...he's got 6 round to get it done, then he's dead meat to Floyd.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Gloves are to protect the boxer's hand and lessen the chance of cuts. They don't lessen knockouts.

Test case....put a 4 oz mma glove in a pillow case, swing it, and hit your wife with it. Then put a 12 (or 16) oz boxing glove in the same pillow case and hit her with it. Ask her which one she is happiest about.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Gloves are to protect the boxer's hand and lessen the chance of cuts. They don't lessen knockouts.

Test case....put a 4 oz mma glove in a pillow case, swing it, and hit your wife with it. Then put a 12 (or 16) oz boxing glove in the same pillow case and hit her with it. Ask her which one she is happiest about.

That's funny, 200% more padding(what changes the gloves weight)doesn't effect kinetic energy ?, why do you think they outlawed bare knuckle contests professionally ?...people would die.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Every Mayweather fight I've seen looked more like an episode of "Dancing With the Stars"... Lots of running/dancing around the ring..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Might if it's free.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

That's funny, 200% more padding(what changes the gloves weight)doesn't effect kinetic energy ?, why do you think they outlawed bare knuckle contests professionally ?...people would die.

I'm just telling you the facts.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Exactly right.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'll watch this circus the next day on YouTube after Mayweather beats his ass.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
And they said Trump couldn't win the republican primary let alone the white house...Connor started boxing at 12 and won the novice championship at 16 then moved on to grappling.Most of his MMA wins are by striking and old Floyd is 40 years old..Most boxers coming out of retirement at 40 don't do all that well.(I said most)..Will Floyd have the stamina in the clinches against a pro grappler..

Connor has said if he don't get respect from Floyd,he just may get respect his way.(laughing)..He also told Floyd senior, he could put junior to sleep before he could get into the ring to stop it.All they hype leading up to possibly, a good short fight!

At the very least,I would like to see Connor kick that loud mouthed/ stuck up/ arrogant Mayweather into the next county.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Must be different facts than science.

So, I put a 16 oz glove on and stick it inside a pillow case and punch you in the face....then bare knuckle fist inside a pillow case and punch you in the face...and you aren't going to feel the difference ? hahahaha come on now smile

If you don't think a 4 oz MMA glove(resembles a leather winter glove with fingers cut off), is going to do more damage than a heavily padded 12 oz boxing glove...I'm speechless.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Fights being fights, anything can happen.

My money is on Mayweather.

MMA isn't boxing.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
byd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
They are both cockroaches. Fuggem both

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So...

What are they charging for the PPV?

(No, I'm not watching it)

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'd put my money on Mayweather but I'd love to see his ass knocked out by McGregor.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MojoHand
So...

What are they charging for the PPV?

(No, I'm not watching it)

Rumor has it $100 for PPV, but hasn't been announced yet...I'll be there either way.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CMG is going to roll old Floyd like he rolls his Rs...

Actually I kinda doubt it, but it sounds funny enough...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's pretty disgusting how much of a money grab this is.

Why?

Boxing is an entertainment busines not a sport

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
What makes it not a sport?

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Maybeather hasn't been effective as a boxer, as in inflicting damage on an opponent, in over 10 years.

After he figured out he could dance away every round, box olympic style, and still win.

No white fighter would have been scored the victor in fights he won, and the sport was determined to have him beat Marciano's record.

He was allowed to duck mandatory challengers and drug testing all through his career.

'beater lost twice to Maidana, and lost to Victor Ortiz when he hit Ortiz twice during a break, knocking Ortiz out and making him unable to continue.

A clear violation of the rules, but was awarded the victory anyway.

Ain't no way Wifebeater loses this fight, less he has a heart attack and drops dead during the fight.

Then, it'll be scored a draw.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Test case....put a 4 oz mma glove in a pillow case, swing it, and hit your wife with it. Then put a 12 (or 16) oz boxing glove in the same pillow case
and hit her with it. Ask her which one she is happiest about.

Just ask Floyds x partner, but I think it was a bare fisted and boot affair when he used to beat up on her.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Dave

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Money ?, that would eliminate 99% of all recognized sports today,,,as we know it.

2 men fighting 12 grueling rounds in a square ring, each man inflicting his will on the other, gladiators till the final seconds, willing to fight to exhaustion or unconsciousness....is a fuggin sport to me.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is going to be the greatest fight since Balboa took on Thunderlips!!!!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Must be different facts than science.

So, I put a 16 oz glove on and stick it inside a pillow case and punch you in the face....then bare knuckle fist inside a pillow case and punch you in the face...and you aren't going to feel the difference ? hahahaha come on now smile

If you don't think a 4 oz MMA glove(resembles a leather winter glove with fingers cut off), is going to do more damage than a heavily padded 12 oz boxing glove...I'm speechless.

I shouldn't say facts, just experience. The gloves inside a pillow case don't have a hand in them. It's not punching, they are empty and you're swing the pillow case with the glove in it.

From my experience with lots of training in MMA and training with lots of boxers working standup, there isn't enough difference between an MMA glove and a boxing glove to matter when hit....early in a fight or in early rounds. When we first started working with boxers we always trained in boxing gloves because we (and they) were worried about using MMA gloves. We did use MMA gloves when mixing in takedowns (no boxers involved here). After noticing there seemed to be no difference in getting hit with an MMA glove vs boxing glove we talked a few of the boxers into training with us in MMA gloves. After several training sessions they agreed that they couldn't tell a difference when hit in the early rounds or when fresh. I think there is little difference when fresh between a boxing glove and a MMA glove. I will say the MMA gloves lead to more cuts because there are more exposed seams, the seams on a boxing glove are less likely to make contact.

Now, I stated that there was little difference when fresh. After several sessions the boxers and us MMA fighters agreed that the longer a training session went, the harder the boxing glove seemed to hit. We were unanimous in agreeing on this. I don't know why, but my guess is the momentum of the heavier glove eventually helps a puncher punch harder as his muscles get tired. This is just an observation based on experience that all in the training agreed to. We were surprised but it is what it is.

There are a couple of reasons to train standup with boxing gloves rather than MMA glove however. First is cuts. A cut is much less likely with a boxing glove. Second is the boxer's hands. A boxing glove protects the hand a lot more than an MMA glove...and is also much easier to put on when hands are wrapped. Third is defensive based, if you can slip punches from a boxing glove you'll be able to slip them if a MMA glove is used....that said, it's easier to block/parry a boxing glove.

I can't speak to bare knuckle, only to MMA and boxing gloves. I can say if boxing was done bare knuckle the most useful defensive manuver would be to learn how to catch punches with the the head right above the hairline, working to catch the punchers last two knuckles. A lot of fights would end with broken hands in the first round.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I should mention, the amount of padding in a MMA glove over the knuckles is not much shy of the amount over the knuckles in a 12 oz boxing glove. The overall bigger size of the boxing glove makes up much of the weight. Padding over the knuckles is much closer between the two than you'd think.

Current MMA "training" gloves we use actually have more padding over the knuckles than 16 oz boxing gloves I use...but it's only over the knuckles, link below.

http://www.combatsports.com/combat-...vuLCV1QIVhDuBCh2BoQt1EAYYASABEgL8nfD_BwE

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I would have to agree with this regarding the gloves. Boxing gloves are much better at protecting the hands and may actually allow the fighter to throw harder. Protection for the thumb is virtually non-existent in the MMA gloves. One advantage to the lighter glove is that it allows for greater punch velocity; at least early on. Early days boxing gloves were only 6 oz. but probably weighed double that after a few rounds due to perspiration absorption.
As far as this fight is concerned, the best MMA striker is, at best, an advanced amateur boxer. Now, sometimes a good amateur can have limited success (see Patterson vs. Rademacher) but it isn't likely to last. I do hope McGregor can be competitive but I don't think he can be taught enough in the time he has. Mayweather actually does pretty well against southpaws. His lead right hand comes out of nowhere and southpaws are often open to it.
If I was going to advise a fighter going against Mayweather, I would advise him to protect well against that right hand while starting out with as many hard punches to the left kidney as he could get away with. This should get Floyd to quit turning his back. The other thing I would advise is to crowd him and keep punching. Unfortunately, infighting is something that MMA fighters don't do real well for the simple reason that, when they are inside, they are grappling and have to defend against potential submission holds. Not so in boxing and being able to punch well inside can pay dividends. Most MMA fighters tend to punch from outside and, when the range closes up, they grapple. I don't think McGregor has time to un-learn this behaviour. Against Mayweather, fighting at long range is fine but only if long range is still within range, the fighter keeps busy and does not eschew the jab, and he is able to protect against the counter. Again, too much for McGregor to learn in short time.
While it may be true that McGregor can punch harder, the truth is that Mayweather doesn't have to punch as hard as McGregor; he only has to punch hard enough. The record books are full of cases where a hard puncher was knocked out by a softer-punching but more skilled opponent.
I'm not sure I'll waste the money but it might be a good way to spend a night out with my son. GD

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep but CMG has done the impossible before, he's bigger, he hits harder...ya never know.
I'd love to see CMG beat his loud mouthed ass but I just don't see it happening. They don't call boxing the "sweet science" for nothing.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The local Wild Wings manager said they wanted $6,000 to show the event in the restaurant. He said fugk that.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm hoping McGregor says fugg it, goes for a take down and starts dropping elbows. Head kick would be ok. Maybe a choke.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'd love to see CMG beat his loud mouthed ass but I just don't see it happening. They don't call boxing the "sweet science" for nothing.
They charge according to the number of seats, one of our local bars in town use to carry all the NFL games but it got so pricey they couldn't afford to keep carrying it. $6k for 1 fight is insane.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I hope Mayweather punches McGregor just silly enough that McGregor forgets the boxing rules and puts a shin across "Money's" dome!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pointer
I hope Mayweather punches McGregor just silly enough that McGregor forgets the boxing rules and puts a shin across "Money's" dome!

It's about the only way this fight will be interesting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by logcutter
And they said Trump couldn't win the republican primary let alone the white house...Connor started boxing at 12 and won the novice championship at 16 then moved on to grappling.Most of his MMA wins are by striking and old Floyd is 40 years old..Most boxers coming out of retirement at 40 don't do all that well.(I said most)..Will Floyd have the stamina in the clinches against a pro grappler..

Connor has said if he don't get respect from Floyd,he just may get respect his way.(laughing)..He also told Floyd senior, he could put junior to sleep before he could get into the ring to stop it.All they hype leading up to possibly, a good short fight!

At the very least,I would like to see Connor kick that loud mouthed/ stuck up/ arrogant Mayweather into the next county.

I must be one of the "suckers". I will certainly be watching and expecting Connor to win.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Nope. It's fixed from the get-go.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Don't give a [bleep] about the fight but I'd tune in to see mayweather pay his F'ing taxes.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Wrong.

MMA used to be bare knuckle all the time.

Last edited by tzone; 07/19/17.

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
In the old days of Bare knuckle boxing, almost nobody aimed for the head.
Almost no deaths in 100+ years.

Then, they added gloves. Everybody staring hitting the head...
4-5 deaths each year.

The US in the last 40 years:

Socialism for big corporations and military industrial complex

&

Rugged individualism for the individual.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone

Wrong.

MMA used to be bare knuckle all the time.

"Used" to be, being the operative word.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone

Nope. It's fixed from the get-go.

Yep. All a set up for a big pay day. Hell, even their press conference banter is as staged as it gets.

Last edited by Rooster7; 07/19/17. Reason: spelling

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
About as real as Rick Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes back in the day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
About as real as Rick Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes back in the day.

Jet Plane flyin' Limousine ridin' Wheelin' Dealin' Kiss stealin' son of a gun!!!!!!!! WOOOO!!!! WOOO!!! WOOO!!!!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
NOW WE GO TO SCHOOL!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Don't give a [bleep] about the fight but I'd tune in to see mayweather pay his F'ing taxes.

It never ceases to amaze me when these athletes with 10s or 100s of millions of dollars end up with money and tax issues.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northern_dave

It never ceases to amaze me when these athletes with 10s or 100s of millions of dollars end up with money and tax issues.

The only thing Mike Tyson and Willie Nelson have in common.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NOW WE GO TO SCHOOL!

Hah! Love it. Flair was the man!

I used to work with Dusty's daughter a loooong time ago. Cool chick as I recall.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I hope Connor gets tagged by Floyd, loses his bearing and throws a nasty kick to his head
And makes Floyd do the fish outta water flop.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Manny Pac couldn't catch and tag Mayweather, I'm not seeing McGregor doing so.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff
If Manny Pac couldn't catch and tag Mayweather, I'm not seeing McGregor doing so.

Conor is a lot bigger than Manny, and a far longer/rangy fighter,,,,Floyd is used to conventional fighters, square off and box...CMG is anything but conventional, he'll charge across the ring every round and turn it into a street fight. He has no fear of Floyd knocking him out, he'll pin him on the ropes and rough him up...plus he's a southpaw.

It will be interesting, for those that are fight fans anyway.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I just wish it was an MMA match.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just wish it was an MMA match.

Me too smile

Even some modified rules would be great, no leg kicks but elbows allowed...ground and pound legal haha

Floyd would never enter the ring, bet on it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm glad this fight is happening and I hope Mayweather whips some ass. Boxing as a sport has fell to the wayside and I'd like to see it stick around.

I saw an interview with Holyfield a few weeks ago and even he couldn't name the current Heavyweight Champ.

Fighting has evolved and I don't think anybody can argue that MMA is the most practical of all the disciplines but at the same time I think a lot of (younger) people have lost sight of the fact that a boxers hands are scary fast. Because that's all they're taught to use.

I don't like the fact that there's an eleven year age gap and I also don't like the "world tour" of schit talking. But I do like the overall concept of the fight and I do believe both are going there to win.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

They don't lose the money.

The people they entrust lose or take the money.

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm glad this fight is happening and I hope Mayweather whips some ass. Boxing as a sport has fell to the wayside and I'd like to see it stick around.

I saw an interview with Holyfield a few weeks ago and even he couldn't name the current Heavyweight Champ.

Fighting has evolved and I don't think anybody can argue that MMA is the most practical of all the disciplines but at the same time I think a lot of (younger) people have lost sight of the fact that a boxers hands are scary fast. Because that's all they're taught to use.

I don't like the fact that there's an eleven year age gap and I also don't like the "world tour" of schit talking. But I do like the overall concept of the fight and I do believe both are going there to win.

Travis

I was a huge fan of boxing back in the Hagler/Hearns/Leonard/Duran days, boxing became a dirty political game after that...champions not defending belts, Arum and King destroyed the sport with greed. Today guy's like De LeHoya are still doing it, the sport has been tainted like never before. HBO has been loyal to championship fights, but main stream TV doesn't bother anymore...back in the day the worlds biggest fights were televised for free, miss those days.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm not that old but my point is that if Mayweather does well it may rekindle the sport of boxing.

And every sport is riddled with greed. Boxing just happened to be the most transparent.

Duran was Tyson's hero.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Travis

I was a huge fan of boxing back in the Hagler/Hearns/Leonard/Duran days, boxing became a dirty political game after that...champions not defending belts, Arum and King destroyed the sport with greed. Today guy's like De LeHoya are still doing it, the sport has been tainted like never before. HBO has been loyal to championship fights, but main stream TV doesn't bother anymore...back in the day the worlds biggest fights were televised for free, miss those days.

Boy do you fuggers make me feel old.

I'm from the Floyd Patterson/Ingemir JoHanson/Sonny Liston......pre Allie era.

http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2606226

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mayweather is favored 4/1 last I saw, but being a fan of MMA/UFC would still like CMG to crush him. Floyd isn't too well liked in boxing, Manny gets cheered while Floyd gets booed. But Floyd's skills can't be denied, nor his undefeated record.

I would think a strong showing by both men, would help the UFC more by exposure to new fans. Few combat sports are shown on TV today, the public would rather watch Big Brother and Dancing With The Stars.

Just saw Oscar ripping Floyd a new ass
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ther-has-not-been-good-boxing/493031001/

Oscar destroys his own sports integrity, by denouncing the event...fool and I was a big fan when he was a fighter.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Merriweather won't kill him, but if he wanted to and they let him he could.

laissez les bons temps rouler
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sugar Ray got me interested in boxing at a young age. Then came Tyson and Holyfield in their primes and it was a very entertaining sport. After that boxing went to chit IMO.

Tyson in his prime was one scary SOB!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Mayweather is favored 4/1 last I saw, but being a fan of MMA/UFC would still like CMG to crush him. Floyd isn't too well liked in boxing, Manny gets cheered while Floyd gets booed. But Floyd's skills can't be denied, nor his undefeated record.

I would think a strong showing by both men, would help the UFC more by exposure to new fans. Few combat sports are shown on TV today, the public would rather watch Big Brother and Dancing With The Stars.

Oscar destroys his own sports integrity, by denouncing the event...fool and I was a big fan when he was a fighter.

Oscar De La F a g g o t stays true to form.

Dave

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Merriweather will cripple his arms for fun. Then when he could kill him they will stop the fight.

McGregor's best chance is an early head kick. He tries to box even a little and he will quickly learn how vicious the pros can hit.

Last edited by battue; 07/19/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
They don't lose the money.

The people they entrust lose or take the money.

Dave

I'm sure the parasites around these guys suck blood from their financial veins to fund the lifestyle they can't create on their own, but a lot of these guys sure do waste a lot of money on "bling" and other useless schit, and nobody forces them to buy that.

MOLON LABE
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Travis

Add Ali and Holmes to that list. Just watched Ali towards the end of his career, but it was still memorable along with the ones you listed. I didn't know it at the time but I was watching the peak of boxing in my lifetime. We didn't have TV but I watched every bout I could and back then if you got the 3 big networks you could watch every boxing match of any significance.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Oscar De La F a g g o t stays true to form.

Dave

Ever since the fishnet stockings and bra selfie picture, his azz is worthless to me...what an image.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by battue
Merriweather will cripple his arms for fun. Then when he could kill him they will stop the fight.

McGregor's best chance is an early head kick. He tries to box even a little and he will quickly learn how viscous the pros can hit.

I don't see all this power in any of Floyd's fights, a fast jab and running yes...but to dismantle Conor won't happen in the first 5-6 rounds, after CMG gasses who knows smile

Originally Posted by ShadeTree

Add Ali and Holmes to that list. Just watched Ali towards the end of his career, but it was still memorable along with the ones you listed. I didn't know it at the time but I was watching the peak of boxing in my lifetime. We didn't have TV but I watched every bout I could and back then if you got the 3 big networks you could watch every boxing match of any significance.

That's the truth there, I remember loving Saturday afternoon fights on the big 3 channels...the biggest fights the times had to offer.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Payday for both. 22mil off mayweather for the irs. He is gonna dance and backup like he always has as a defensive fighter. I hope mcgregor can get him in the corners a couple of times at least. Let floyd dance and retreat and wear boxing gloves. Let connor wear mma gloves but only with boxing rules. That would even up things somewhat. This bout will do nothing for boxings decline. Pay per veiw payday event is what it is..... mma is where it is at now, boxing is slow like baseball both are in a steady decline.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by renegade50
Payday for both. 22mil off mayweather for the irs. He is gonna dance and backup like he always has as a defensive fighter. I hope mcgregor can get him in the corners a couple of times at least. Let floyd dance and retreat and wear boxing gloves. Let connor wear mma gloves but only with boxing rules. That would even up things somewhat. This bout will do nothing for boxings decline. Pay per veiw payday event is what it is..... mma is where it is at now, boxing is slow like baseball both are in a steady decline.

What a dumb fugk.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
6-7 years ago Ace and I were exiting a 'club'.

Got jumped and we street fought our way to the Yukon Denali way out in the parking lot..

No guns but lots of fists flying and knives flashing.....

Pretty sure Ace could out box Floyd(without gloves on....).

Connor basically copied Ace's fighting style so he will probably win.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like I'd like Ace too smile

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Got jumped and we street fought our way to the Yukon Denali way out in the parking lot..

Calling bullschit.

Ace always wears gloves.

Fingerless.

And always.

Clark

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm really curious to see what the fighters do when they get in the ring. It's a win for McGregor just to get this fight. It's amazing that he hyped things enough to make it happen. He's never had a boxing match yet in his very first boxing match he fights a guy who has NEVER lost a boxing match and won titles across the board.

I want to see if McGregor is planning to really fight or box. The best boxers couldn't beat Mayweather boxing, McGregor can't either. If McGregor turns it into a fight (under boxing rules) he might make it "interesting". Will he spend lots of time inside tying Mayweather up, leaning on him, pulling on his head, making him carry his weight....will he stay far outside taunting Mayweather, running from Mayweather trying to frustrate him and make him box offensively and then try to get shots in as Mayweather comes in...will he mix those things up....or will he come in with no strategy and end up making Mayweather look even better? If he boxes with Mayweather I think McGregor will be lucky to get a single clean shot in. If he makes it an ugly fight it might be more interesting.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

What a dumb fugk.

A hyped up pay per veiw event is pretty similar to your staged disappearences and theatrics the last 2 springs, not for money though.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

This.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Add Ronda Rousey VS B-Rock Obama to the undercard and I'm in.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

What a dumb fugk.

A hyped up pay per veiw event is pretty similar to your staged disappearences and theatrics the last 2 springs, not for money though.

What a MORON.

"I'll beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. Play for blood, remember?" Doc Holliday
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Legendary.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Club?
What?

Did you two Lutherans crash a pentecostal prayer meeting?
Those people are serious.
Did Ace fight off angels too?

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Must have been a good night because I forgot I'd posted that!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

I certainly wouldn't pay to watch it. I fail to understand the appeal of the chirping leprechaun and haven't watched boxing since the 80's. I understand that Mayweather is pretty good at his craft though. The leprechaun has the proverbial puncher's chance I suppose.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

No way I'd pay for it. I don't think McGregor has a chance to win it. He had plenty of trouble with Nate Diaz and Nate is a pretty good boxer, but he's not on par with Mayweather. Mayweather is a excellent defensive strategist. He's very tough to hit. I understand the strategy is to take McGregor into the later rounds when he will be tired but at 40 I'm not so sure how good a strategy that is. I know we are talking a lot of money on this fight. Went to the movie last night and they were advertising the fight. So a lot of money is being spent before they ever make a dime. I'll be glad when it's over.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It will be in TV in week or two afterward free, if not, oh well, figure it will go the distance and the outcome is already known.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mayweather is gunna make Conner look like the idiot he is. Conner is that is. Make Conner look like the idiot he is. Conner I mean, is.

LOL
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

No way I'd pay for it. I don't think McGregor has a chance to win it. He had plenty of trouble with Nate Diaz and Nate is a pretty good boxer, but he's not on par with Mayweather. Mayweather is a excellent defensive strategist. He's very tough to hit. I understand the strategy is to take McGregor into the later rounds when he will be tired but at 40 I'm not so sure how good a strategy that is. I know we are talking a lot of money on this fight. Went to the movie last night and they were advertising the fight. So a lot of money is being spent before they ever make a dime. I'll be glad when it's over.

Not a huge McGregor fan but McGregor was the 145lb champ and went up two weight classes to fight Diaz at 170....and not on purpose. He was planning to fight up at 155 and his opponent had to withdraw....so he had to fight up at 170. You won't see many fighters willing to fight up 2 weight classes. Diaz isn't anywhere as good of a boxer as Mayweather.....but size matters. In the lower weight classes the difference matters, it really matters.

I'm interested to see what's going to happen and the fight plan each of them will try to implement. I don't care for the attitude of either of the fighters, but the show may be worth watching.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IF this is a serious fight, and not staged, Mayweather will play with him as long as he wants it to go on and end it certain and sudden. the skill set with his fists AND his abilty to defend and slip punches is so far superior to any MMA fighter.

What if they had MMA rules? I'm not sure. Mayweaher would have serious problems if he was put on the canvas, yet his hands and are so fast and skilled he could end it at the opening bell.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by hatari
IF this is a serious fight, and not staged, Mayweather will play with him as long as he wants it to go on and end it certain and sudden. the skill set with his fists AND his abilty to defend and slip punches is so far superior to any MMA fighter.

What if they had MMA rules? I'm not sure. Mayweaher would have serious problems if he was put on the canvas, yet his hands and are so fast and skilled he could end it at the opening bell.

lol..... Mayweather should win this, no doubt, but McGregor has a "puncher's chance". MMA rules Mayweather doesn't stand a chance at all...none, nada, nothing....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

I doubt it. A pure hands striker has little chance against a top mma guy. To get close enough to punch puts him in the range of leg kicks, and a real ground and pounder would stay covered up, close, and take him down. On the ground it's all over. His face is cut up from elbows dropping in, he loses the use of a limb or joint, or he sees the lights dim as the O2 runs out in his brain.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

McGregor's best chance is an early head kick. He tries to box even a little and he will quickly learn how vicious the pros can hit.

----------

It's a match with only boxing rules: kicking or take downs not permitted. A professional boxer such as Mayweather is going to jab McGregor into a bloody stupor.

It's not even a fair match-up.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by isaac

It's a match with only boxing rules: kicking or take downs not permitted.

True, but that's about the only way I'd pay to see this fight.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Mayweather should win this, no doubt, but McGregor has a "puncher's chance". MMA rules Mayweather doesn't stand a chance at all...none, nada, nothing....

That says it all, Conor would destroy him if MMA rules...but it's not. I'll probably pay to watch it anyway, hell a CMG 1st round KO would be great.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Said it before and I'll say it again.
Anyone can beat anyone on any given day.
And when it's over, if Conner wins, it's going to be a lot more devastating because it is a boxing match.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm buyin' this [bleep] regardless.

Some of you are so tight your ass squeaks.

Mine is loose.

Wait... what?

Clark

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ringworm
And when it's over, if Conner wins, it's going to be a lot more devastating because it is a boxing match.

thats it right there.... and why i don't bet on sports.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by ringworm

thats it right there.... and why i don't bet on sports.

I don't bet on anything, as a rule of thumb anyway.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Mayweather should win this, no doubt, but McGregor has a "puncher's chance". MMA rules Mayweather doesn't stand a chance at all...none, nada, nothing....

That says it all, Conor would destroy him if MMA rules...but it's not. I'll probably pay to watch it anyway, hell a CMG 1st round KO would be great.

McGregor has never had a boxing match. Mayweather is one of the best boxers alive, undefeated as a professional. McGregor has won already just by getting this fight set up, amazing that he pulled that off.

I'd not shell out the $ to watch it by myself, but with a group of 10 folks it's cheap entertainment and I'm very interested to see how each fighter implements their fight plan (and what it is).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

How are we going to know if it is staged? If it is truly legit fight I would bet a "C" note on Connor. But you're adding the "IF" so you will have an out.

By the way I'm postponing a fishing trip to watch the fight.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

McGregor has never had a boxing match. Mayweather is one of the best boxers alive, undefeated as a professional. McGregor has won already just by getting this fight set up, amazing that he pulled that off.

I'd not shell out the $ to watch it by myself, but with a group of 10 folks it's cheap entertainment and I'm very interested to see how each fighter implements their fight plan (and what it is).

I give Conor 5 rounds to get it done, or Mayweather will pound him till the end...the odds on the fight have changed substantially since the onset.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At least the 8 oz. gloves guarantees it won't be a pillow fight.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I give Conor 5 rounds to get it done, or Mayweather will pound him till the end...the odds on the fight have changed substantially since the onset.

I'm wondering how long it will go and how each fighter will feel the longer it goes. McGregor is usually well conditioned and Mayweather always is. If he doesn't eat to many jabs early McGregor may be tough for Mayweather to handle in the later rounds, especially if McGregor spends much of the fight really hanging on Mayweather tying it up and making him carry his weight. If Mayweather consistently lights McGregor up early, makes McGregor continually miss, and avoids McGregor tying him up he should cruise through it.

If McGregor can make Mayweather mad enough, and McGregor can weather the storms, Mayweather might make a mistake. McGregor needs to make it an ugly war, Mayweather needs to make it a boxing match.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I was watching the Showtime 24/7 episodes leading up to this fight. It seems like McGregor is a very bad boxer. He may be a really dangerous killer in his own right but he can't box at all.

Even this 40 year old version of Mayweather is going to pound him into submission. Probably 2 or 3 rounds at most. Unless Mayweather just wants to carry him for more rounds. At least Connor will be well paid for his efforts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My prediction is a split decision which will guarantee a re-match and more $millions!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A money raking stunt....that said Moneyweather will win.

to give it some creed, they should have a re-match under MMA rules
the result would be obvious.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This fight like a lot of others is mainly to separate people from their money.
It's kinda like playing a slot machine that knows what the next spin will bring before any money is inserted.

It's as real as this..
[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Its a no win for either fighter....mcgregor wins he beats a old has been...mawether wins he just beat a guy he should with no problem...
I see no point other than a made up stunt and no doubt it will make millions....mcgregor is a tough sob but if he wins I won't help but think it's a setup for a rematch...and more millions...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
There's no way this could be a balanced fight. Neither contestant is of the same caliber in the other's rule set.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ali v Aoki redux, withCMG surely getting a dq and hoping for rematch

1/504 PIR
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
To say these guys are going to make "millions" is an understatement. I'm not sure most folks know how much these guys could earn in this fight. If the PPV numbers are strong, and all signs are pointing that way, then Mayweather could earn more than 400 million and McGregor could earn more than 100 million. I don't think it will be much of a contest at all, but these two smack talkers pulled off the heist of the century. They scammed everyone all the way to the bank. Good for them.

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by isaac

----------

It's a match with only boxing rules: kicking or take downs not permitted. A professional boxer such as Mayweather is going to jab McGregor into a bloody stupor.

It's not even a fair match-up.

Lock Pick!!!! Connor wins easily. grin

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
Its a no win for either fighter....mcgregor wins he beats a old has been...mawether wins he just beat a guy he should with no problem...
I see no point other than a made up stunt and no doubt it will make millions....mcgregor is a tough sob but if he wins I won't help but think it's a setup for a rematch...and more millions...

Considering Mayweather as "a old has been" is ignorance. Last fight was a little less than 2 years ago. 49-0. I don't care a lot for him, but his defense and physical ability is on a different level even at the age of 40. If McGregor somehow pulled this off....honestly, he shouldn't be able to land a single clean shot....he has done something special. It's a win/win for McGregor.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The more ads I see for this thing, the more of a disgusting money grab this becomes for me. There's no way in hell I'm adding to the bottom line for these two fuggers.

MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
McGregor Will have Mayweather choked out or arm-barred within minutes. LOL.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

In a straight boxing match? It isn't mma rules.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Ok, one more time.

IT'S A FOOKING BOXING MATCH.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Ok, one more time.

I thought you were Polish? You sound Irish...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

In a straight boxing match? It isn't mma rules.

Yep. It's a joke. LOL.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
McGregor comparing himself to Bruce Lee LMFAO:

"What other mixed martial artist is like me?" he said via his website The MacLife. "He'd need to reincarnate Bruce Lee, and that's the only person he could bring in that that could mimic me, of what way I'm coming at him. I am not like any other mixed martial artist, I am not like any other boxer. I'm in a league of my own, and I will prove that August 26."

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Conor probably out weighs Lee by 50-60 lbs, I'd put my money on Conor...Bruce may have been famous, but a lot of BS stunts were played out by him.

Being a badazz in a movie, isn't the same thing as getting your face punched really hard....Lee wouldn't have made it in today's MMA competitions, funny faces and sounds don't knock people out smile

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
WGAF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wittmann
WGAF

Then get out of the thread, if it doesn't interest you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Conor probably out weighs Lee by 50-60 lbs, I'd put my money on Conor...Bruce may have been famous, but a lot of BS stunts were played out by him.

Being a badazz in a movie, isn't the same thing as getting your face punched really hard....Lee wouldn't have made it in today's MMA competitions, funny faces and sounds don't knock people out smile

They are about the same size.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ok, one more time.

That is being pretty kind.

I'd call it an exhibition event, designed to do nothing but make money, between a fella that has never fought in a professional boxing match and arguably the best defensive boxer to ever lace up a pair of gloves.

I'll watch with the hope of a complete schit show devolving into both corners emptying into the ring in a royal rumble.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner

They are about the same size.

Respectfully disagree MM,
Lee weighed as much as 141 at a weigh in, but changed training down to 128...5'8" tall.
Conor just fought Diaz at 170, weighed in at 168,,,probably walking aroung 175...5'8"

That's a couple weight class difference in MMA.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw Lee weighed up to 160+ and Conor fought a bunch at 145. Close enough, though Conor likely has a slightly bigger frame.

Not that it matters unless we want to go into a pitbull vs [bleep] type comparison. Lol.

(For the record......the [bleep] wins every time)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I saw Lee weighed up to 160+ and Conor fought a bunch at 145. Close enough, though Conor likely has a slightly bigger frame.

Not that it matters unless we want to go into a pitbull vs [bleep] type comparison. Lol.

(For the record......the [bleep] wins every time)

Haha smile
And you're correct, Lee's heaviest walking around weight was 160, Conor lost at least 20lbs. to make weight at 145(which he claims to be returning to). I'd love to see him fight Max Hollaway for the title, even give Aldo a rematch(13 seconds was a letdown).

It's all semantics, Tyson vs Ali talk...either way an exhibition is accurate, a Pro Basketball player vs Pro Football player in a game of hoops.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! [bleep]! Lol!

Take that Rick Binn!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Simple math. It goes without saying that Chuck Norris could beat McGreagor (because, I mean, who could beat Chuck Norris?), and Bruce Lee defeated Chuck Norris. Therefore, it's a mathematical certainty that Bruce Lee could beat McGreagor.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It's nice how martial artists, in fights to the death in the streets, always give each other some warm up time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Simple math. It goes without saying that Chuck Norris could beat McGreagor (because, I mean, who could beat Chuck Norris?), and Bruce Lee defeated Chuck Norris. Therefore, it's a mathematical certainty that Bruce Lee could beat McGreagor.

I'll give you Chuck Norris out of respect and politeness, but can't let Bruce in as a winner smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How do you guys think Frank Dux would do in today's MMA?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd bet that Brienne of Tarth could kick everybody's ass.

Mostly 'cause, ya know, she has a sword....

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Donnie Yen...1st round...all 6, the referee and the front row by knockout.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I'd bet that Brienne of Tarth could kick everybody's ass.

Mostly 'cause, ya know, she has a sword....

I'm thinking Arianny would win by ass & tits alone....she don't need no stinkin sword smile

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
At this level, the first one that fu-ks up is gonna have a whipped ass. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wittmann
WGAF

Then get out of the thread, if it doesn't interest you.

LOL

MOLON LABE
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Jet Li could take them all at once.

”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by KoolBreeze
Jet Li could take them all at once.

Jet vs. Gracie.

That would be interesting.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Ringman
How do you guys think Frank Dux would do in today's MMA?

He's was obviously one of the best fighters in the world. But I have to say as good as he was MMA has evolved a LOT over all those years. I suspect he could do well, but he'd not be a champion IMO. Of course it's theoretical at this point.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Chael Sonnen explains why Floyd punches harder than Conner McGregor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9iFpFoUzg8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1in_xOsS38s

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,653 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,992
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.