Print Thread
Hop To
Page 50 of 79 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 78 79
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
[quote=mtwarden]hope I'm not the only one working out :D/quote]

Cardio Sunday, upper body yesterday, lower body today.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
good deal- was making me a little nervous laugh

Tiny Elvis and I got in a nice 3 miles on the trail before the sun came out- a very pleasant 55 degrees, sad that it'll climb into the 90's again

Starting to accumulate some smoke in the valley- two fires pretty close, one west, one north

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
30 mile ride. I needed that.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Phew! you were making me nervous laugh

5.5 miles on the trails, just shy of 1000'- this a nice loop, about 2 miles of climbing out the gate, a mile or so fairly level, a tough 3/4 mile of steep downhill quad busting and a mile or so of gentle descent to finish

this heat wave won't quit, so my runs are still pre- sunrise

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We are planning a backpack into the Eagle Caps in NE Oregon (getting towards Hells Canyon for reference) in a week or so, so I'll need to do some hiking prior. Just been buried fixturing up and doing the other necessary legwork to get rolling with this new customer... and to bring it around to exercise I can get pretty singular-minded when I'm obsessing about something. smile

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
my grandson is coming to stay for a week pretty soon, we are planning a couple day trip into the backcountry; we've done this the last three years starting when he was five- nothing too ambitious, but we always manage to get into some nice country and have some down time for fishing, rock climbing and general goofing off smile

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Mtwarden, what app are you using on your phone for tracking mileage and elevation? I hiked mt isolation and Washington in NH on Sunday 15 miles with 6,800 ft elevation gain. Hope to put up similar numbers this sunday. I wish I had to work less and could hike more! The pictures of out west kill me i would have to hike to the top of everything.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
^ I use Gaiagps- its a phone app, you don't need a cell signal it relies 100% on satellite just like a GPS does, in fact it does everything a gps does- track, make routes/waypoints and uses a 24k topo map overlay- bar none the best $20 I've ever spent

Tiny Elvis and I got 3-ish miles in before sunrise; on this loop there is a really steep (tiptoe steep) section that Elvis crushes me on- I let him off the leash so he can run up it, but he'll wait for periodically laugh

[Linked Image]

Last edited by mtwarden; 07/20/17.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tiny Elvis leaves the building all the time! Bada-boom-crash <g>

Change of plans! The work for the new customer got pushed back a few days, so we are busting out of here and going for a 4-day pack into the Diamond Peak Wilderness up top the Cascades. Leaving here shortly. Dogs are coming. The Eagle Caps are too far away 'cause we gotta be back to help my oldest move into her new house on Monday.

One nice thing- it'll also be a scouting trip for the High Cascade deer tag I have this fall.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Nice! Have a good trip smile

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thank you sir! I'll try for better pics this time. Which will all include a dog, of course. smile

Gonna be dang hot Sat/Sun so we plan on just hanging out near lakes- skeeters notwithstanding. This is about the turning point up high in the Cascades for skeeters; could be fine, could be rough near water.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 07/20/17.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
nice 4.5 miles on the trails before sunrise- comfortable upper 50's contrasted with our highs in the 90's by afternoon

going to do some longer lunge sessions later in the day

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
2.5 miles on the trails with my wife, oldest daughter, two grand kids and Tiny Elvis- a small platoon smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Our initial plan met its demise at the trailhead due to prodigious numbers of mosquitos still in the PCT area... being flexible empty-nesters and all <g> we ended up packing into the Gearhart Wilderness in south-central Oregon (near Paisley). Some truly spectacular geology. Got good pics- will toss a couple up later. We found the limits of Nicky (older MaltyPoo) on the big climb up over the mountain at about 8k feet... so at least that can inform future routes or maybe we just have to kennel him/them when we do the Eagle Caps here soon. That'd be a shame as Chloe was rockin' up there. Didn't see a ton of critters, or sign, but the wildflowers and butterflies were nuts, and I got to watch a Sphinx moth (like a hummingbird) work... love those things and hadn't seen one in a number of years. No PF issues-- suh-WHEET!!

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Been doing good. Moving heavy for me weights and getting in some great conditioning. I keep pushing harder especially with conditioning. Changing it up each workout to make it mentally tougher. That's what I'm really focusing on is the mental strength to keep going when the sweat starts flying, my lungs are burning, and my heart is pounding. Becoming very satisfying to finish a work out soaked in sweat and barely able to do more than lay on the floor for a good half hour.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
About 50 miles on the road bike yesterday morning, pushing pretty hard to keep up with better/faster riders the first 40 miles. Great workout! Lots of hills.

What's funny, is all this effort we put into getting into shape, and some out-of-shape guy waltzes 200 yards out of camp and plugs a record book bull on opening morning...

Guy

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
got a dandy run (more hiking than running) in yesterday in the Crazies; it's a loop I came up with about 6 miles of off trail- mule deer, a couple of elk and some mtn goats

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Tiny and I up early for a nice 3-ish mile hike on the trails. Our heat wave continues (this has been the longest heat wave I've ever experienced in my almost 60 years); thank God it cools nicely by early morning (upper 50's today)!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
got in a quick strength train this evening

3x5 squats, bench, overhead presses
dips 3x30
pullups 3x12
core

did two 100 meters of lunges unweighted, trying to workout to a routine that was emailed to me from Stone Glacier (of hunting pack fame)

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Helped oldest daughter move yesterday & today to include getting washer/dryer up out of basement solo... lots of furniture... my back has been tweaky lately so I was trying to really get deep knee bends on my lifting. So-- lots of squats. smile

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 50 of 79 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
214 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 22 invisible), 1,552 guests, and 878 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,917
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.