Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
N
ned Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
very accurate. YoDave trigger kit takes care of any issues with the trigger. have three and love them.

very good YoDave install tutorial on rimfire central:

YoDave Install - click here

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I own one. I love it. I stoned the trigger myself. Not an easy job however.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I have two Ulta Lux and American, both 452 very good shooters. Have not had the best luck with the triggers. Changed spring ( ace #144) in the American light pull but a lot of creep, have not tried yo dave or can shimming .

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I've listened to all the positive things you all had to say and went ahead and bought it. It's a LH with sights so assume it's a trainer. Came with rings and an inexpensive bushnell scope. Wood appears to not be walnut but there isn't a mark on either the wood or metal. Now to find the time to go through it and take it out and shoot it. Thanks all of you for your input

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
NE,

Good for you..My 2016 RH m452 .22LR American is my favorite rimfire..

Be sure and lubeicate the bolt well..After a while it will break in and be very smooth.

Great little guns

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
453 American 22lr - best of the lot I've owned. V. accurate with several types of ammo (new)
453 Varmint 22lr - it's ok. good (not great) accuracy with expensive ammo (used)
452 Trainer 22lr - good shooting rifle with Std Velocity Open irons rocked until my eyes started taking a crap on me.Accurate with a scope too, but with the 453 American it sees little play time.(used)
452 Varmint 22lr - Decent accuracy, won't write home about it. Went down the road,. Noew owner likes it. (new)
452 American 17HMR - POS. 2" at 50 yards, different scopes. Wrote CZ and they told me to Phuqk off, but did give me the number to an outfit that would re-barrel it. No use throwing good money after bad. Shame, since the CZ American is one of the nicest rimfire rifles out there for the cash. (used)

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I will shoot my 452 American LH on Sunday in a benchrest match that is held monthly at our club. It usually wins or close to it, and sometimes beats rifles in the Custom class. Stock except for pillar bedding (by me) and a trigger job. Wolf Match Extra ammo.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
i'm sure you have made your purchase by now,if not get on it man due to the 452 action being phased out, but i think the biggest accolades a rifle could have is that there is a pattern in most of the positive posts above. Most CZ 452 men have multiples including me. that outta sell a 452 right there because who buys multiples of not satisfactory guns................none of us! My addiction,thats a negative word but very fitting here just ask the guys and gal over on the CZ sub forum of rimfirecentral.com, started with getting my son the 452 scout "kid" rifle. Ha, the gun has shot a <.5" 5 shot group at 70 yds and with regularity shoot .5" 5 shot groups at 50 yds with most standard/sub sonic ammo. After shooting my boys rifle i was hooked on CZ's and now own (7) 452 and (1) 453 action american's in .22lr and .17hmr. All shoot at least .5" 5 shot groups with boring repeatability. I say all this to say i don't think you would be sorry if you purchased a 452 american of GB as they still have em NIB there for now.
good luck and let us know what you decide on,
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I threw them an offer and they took it. I haven't had a chance to shoot it but hope to real soon

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
nice bud!! which model of 452 did you get???

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have three 452 FS rifles in 17HMR, 22LR, and 22MAG that shoot good, but blued CM is a sub-optimal choice in humid Nebraska, so I mostly shoot stainless/synthetic or stainless/laminated Marlin bolt guns. I also have a few Savage Mark IIs and 93s, but tend to like the Marlins better.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
[Linked Image]

FWIW if you like customs, this is what I did to my 452 17 HMR. I spent a lot of money and a lot of hours but I'm pleased with the results. I shoot it in rimfire matches during the summer and take it hunting in the fall.

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Dick, I probably don't need to tell you......but I will anyway. That stock is absolutely beautiful!

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by acy
Dick, I probably don't need to tell you......but I will anyway. That stock is absolutely beautiful!

Thanks. I got really lucky. A friend sold me the blank for what he paid for it years ago.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
That stock is a home run!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
After reading all the hoopla about the 452's on the fire I bought one to replace a Browning Gold Medallion .22 rimfire. Was disappointed that the CZ didn't shoot as accurately as the Browning. Even after adjustment the trigger on the CZ can't begin to compare to the Browning trigger. The backward safety didn't bother me as I usually only shoot the .22 from the bench at the range so the safety is never used any way.

Jim

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
After reading all the hoopla about the 452's on the fire I bought one to replace a Browning Gold Medallion .22 rimfire. Was disappointed that the CZ didn't shoot as accurately as the Browning. Even after adjustment the trigger on the CZ can't begin to compare to the Browning trigger. The backward safety didn't bother me as I usually only shoot the .22 from the bench at the range so the safety is never used any way.

Jim

In the last almost 40 years, I have owned and bench tested over a dozen Jap Made Miroku Browning and Winchester rimfires ( A-bolts, BARs , BPRs,Auto-22s,M52s ,1885s etc) and an equal number of CZ-USA m452s (Lux , Ultra Lux , Varmint, Trainer, American and FS).

I can tell you this regarding accuracy , your experience is the opposite of mine .It is the exeption that proves the rule.
No factory makes 100% tack drivers- even Anschutz has made some dogs.

Sorry you drew the short straw with your particular CZ..

Last edited by jk16; 09/04/17.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

Jim

How many kinds of ammo did you try? It makes a huge difference. I've got some that won't group under 1" at 50 yds. Also some that will let me shoot groups at 50 yds. where all the bullets touch. I used a Yo Dave kit and my trigger is much better than you have a right to expect... very crisp and only a few ounces.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Dick_Wright

Jim

How many kinds of ammo did you try? It makes a huge difference. I've got some that won't group under 1" at 50 yds. Also some that will let me shoot groups at 50 yds. where all the bullets touch. I used a Yo Dave kit and my trigger is much better than you have a right to expect... very crisp and only a few ounces.

X2 on Mr.Wright's post.
Did you only adjust the stock trigger ,or did you use the Yo Dave kit to remove the creep? My 453 will shoot 5 shot groups under .25 at 50 yards with good target ammo.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can anyone comment on the CZ 452 Super Match? I haven't noticed this model mentioned here. I'm guessing they are generally good shooters. I'm ready to pull the trigger on one of these. Any thoughts.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 12344mag, 47 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,961
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.