Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
What do you think? I have had luck. and no luck both ways.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'm just a so-so fisherman but have had great luck with bubblegum Gary Yamamoto Sinko plastic baits. They don't pick up moss and the bass LOVE them......

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Senko are killers...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Plastic baits can and will out fish minnows for bass in the right place at the right time.

Head weighted o-ringed wacky hooked Senkos are deadly for bass ... but not always the best plastic.

Head weighted weedless tail hooked Senkos are fantastic in brush.

Wacky hooked unweighted Senkos work when bass are holding in shallower water and fished on the drop.

I like Senkos. smile

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Only problem I've noticed with the Yamamoto Senkos is that they seem fragile. I grew up fishing Culprit and Berkley worms and lizards Texas rigged as well as various craws and Sloggos and such. I used to be able to catch a dozen bass on one it seems before it was just too torn up to hold the hook. I've been fishing Senkos a good bit lately, both weighted and weightless and they seem like they're torn all to pieces after one or two hard hooksets.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree they're fragile but as much as I like to fish topwater if I had to catch a bass and could only use one lure it would be a Senko.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If you're going to wacky rig a Senko use an O ring to slip the hook under instead of running the hook through the actual Senko. You can use the same bait for a dozen bass instead of two or three. Buy the little O ring tool, it's worth it. I also love to Texas rig them weightless and catch the heck outta bass twitching them along. In fact, this morning at grey light my son and I got a good topwater bite on the Whooper Plopper and switched to Senko's and weightless flukes when the top water bite cooled and caught 11 or 12 each with a couple 3 pounders in a couple three hours. Not bad after a week of triple digit temperatures. The plan was to drag a Carolina rig around when the sun and temperature came up but we cut the day short because he wasn't feeling too well. I think his breakfast taco didn't sit well! smile

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If fish aren't negative they will bite plastics very well. Last week my buddy was fishing a piece of crawler on a jighead and catching 5 to my one. I took my jig off and started tight lining a jighead towith a piece of crawler and boom I was on par with him. A couple of months ago when the big gills were up shallow spawning my buddy was throwing a float rig with a cricket. I was throwing my jig that I tie. I spanked his ass all day long.

A gulp minnow is as close to a perfect bait for everything that swims. It's artificial but has lots of scent and fish react to it like live bait most of the time. Sometimes you have to use live bait to get them to bite others artificials are better because action and color probably. Somethimes a artificial tipped with a crappie nibble works as good as live bait. Every day is different.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheKid
Only problem I've noticed with the Yamamoto Senkos is that they seem fragile. I grew up fishing Culprit and Berkley worms and lizards Texas rigged as well as various craws and Sloggos and such. I used to be able to catch a dozen bass on one it seems before it was just too torn up to hold the hook. I've been fishing Senkos a good bit lately, both weighted and weightless and they seem like they're torn all to pieces after one or two hard hooksets.

Here's a link with examples of o-ringed Senkos

http://www.lineonfishing.com/index.php/2013-06-11-15-37-39/menu-rigging/menu-basicrigs

You have to get the tool to rig em'.

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 58 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,112
Posts18,464,437
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.