-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
For those wanting another option to upgrade the stock on the RAR, here ya go.

New from Stocky's

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
$350!

That's some expensive lipstick.

Actually, looks good, but would like to see the same system appllied to something a little better suited to the woods. We don't all bang steel.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd like to see B&C inlet their Medalist style stock for the RAR-P and I'd consider buying one if the price was under $300.

Until then, I guess that I'll continue to pay $225+/- for Boyd's Heritage style laminated stocks for my RAR-Ps.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I do like the bedding block, but can't justify spending more for the stock than I did for the rifle. Plus I don't see a lefty version.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I'd like to see B&C inlet their Medalist style stock for the RAR-P and I'd consider buying one if the price was under $300.

Until then, I guess that I'll continue to pay $225+/- for Boyd's Heritage style laminated stocks for my RAR-Ps.

Now that - a B&C Medalist - for the RAR-P would be a nice option.

260, care to post a pic of your RAR-P in the Boyd's Heritage?

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pappy348
$350!

That's some expensive lipstick.

Actually, looks good, but would like to see the same system appllied to something a little better suited to the woods. We don't all bang steel.

My thoughts exactly. Though, being wood, it could be whittled down a tad. In the same context, why spend $350 for something that still needs a lot of work?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WiFowler

I never post pictures, but I think that of the five laminated Heritage style stocks that I have on RAR-Ps the one in Coyote laminated is the most attractive and the Zombie laminate is the least attractive, with Royal, Black Jack, and Forest Camo falling in between.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I never post pictures, but I think that of the five laminated Heritage style stocks that I have on RAR-Ps the one in Coyote laminated is the most attractive and the Zombie laminate is the least attractive, with Royal, Black Jack, and Forest Camo falling in between.

Do you transfer the v-blocks from the factory stock to the Boyds or how does that work? What do you use for a trigger guard when making the switch?

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by xverminator

Do you transfer the v-blocks from the factory stock to the Boyds or how does that work? What do you use for a trigger guard when making the switch?

X-VERMINATOR

Boyds includes a set of V-Blocks that match their inlet and although they fit snugly, I think that you should bed them in. The Boyd stocks come with a plastic trigger guard and a complete parts kit, but I don't like plastic trigger guards, so I have modified the alloy units from the Marlin 983 for my RAR-Ps and also for my Marlin X guns.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I picked up one of the special run RAR 8 twist 22-250's from Wittakers and it shoots crazy good with 75 A-Max's. I cant stand the stock and had been looking at the Boyds Prairie Hunter. Thanks for the info, I think I need to give Boyds a call!

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by xverminator
I picked up one of the special run RAR 8 twist 22-250's from Wittakers and it shoots crazy good with 75 A-Max's. I cant stand the stock and had been looking at the Boyds Prairie Hunter. Thanks for the info, I think I need to give Boyds a call!

X-VERMINATOR

The Heritage is basically the Prairie Hunter with a slimmer forearm. I have both styles and like the Heritage style better because the forearm is slimmer, but still big enough to handle the RAR-P contour barrel. I had a Prairie Hunter on a V2 in 6.5 Creedmoor, but swapped it for a McM Hunter, a move that transformed a good rifle into a great rifle.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Mag pul is also coming out wth a RAR replacement stock that looks good and at a decent price point.

I just put a MDT chassis on my RAR the mags are a big upgrade as well was the McGowen 7t R.E.M. Var contour barrel.
The ruger barrel did last 2200+ rounds before it stopped shooting except able.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Best part about the Magpul is the fact you get to ditch the Ruger mags for AICS pattern.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 54 invisible), 2,082 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,078
Posts18,463,841
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.