Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Look again at the one I quoted.
Kub 2650 w loader
Shredder
Box blade w scarifiers
All on a tandem trailer

For about the price of tractor w loader in Anch

It's that one in Illinois. It might ship for just a bit more than my fuel for a RT.

That one sure looks like the best deal to me. Too bad it's not next door to you there.. May still be worth it though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like that deal. Make sure it has QA on the front. Unless you have a need for the shredder, I suggest you see if they will trade the shredder for a back blade and a set of forks. You will use the forks more than the bucket. The back blade is for snow.

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Right now it has a pinned bucket. I'm not seeing a big need for forks? I can get forks for the bucket if needed.

I see a use for the shredder (when did it stop being called a brush hog?). Back blade would be helpful. I see the bucket for 90%+ of my use.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I used shredder to avoid any confusion. It is brush hog to me also. Conversion kits for the quick attach system are available. Orangetractortalks.com is a kubota site with a lot of information. With the trailer I like the deal you are considering.

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Thanks, Pete.

I can get it with a pin bucket or QD. I don't see changing it often enough to worry about an extra 15 minutes. Am I missing something?

Forks on the bucket lower lift cap., butright now I'm not sure what I'd use the forks on.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Get QD. You'll never regret having it.

The first time a pin sticks and you're in a hurry, you will regret it!

Taking the bucket off makes the tractor much nicer to run anytime you aren't going to use the bucket. Safer also.

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by AnsonRogers
I just bought a new Kubota M6-131 from these folks. They would be closer than Illinois by a bit. Check them out at http://www.marshallservicecompany.com/Default.aspx Phone number is 660-886-3011. Ask for Tom Self or Tom Butner. Mine will be here in the morning. I'll pay for yours if you'll pay for mine.

Thanks for the financing offer Anson, but I'll pass! smile

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
GET THE QUICK TACH!!!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
IMO, Get the QA. These little tractor are handy as a pocket on a shirt and there is no sane reason not to have the QA. With the many available attachments you will at some point add to your equipment list. The QA allows you to change implements in seconds. A switch between a blade and bucket is pop pop done. I also suggest getting a QA for the 3 pt in the back. I have Pat's brand which I like. Changing out implements without it is a pia. Also, I have a backblade which I leave on most of the time for a counter balance. Without it the tractor is touchy at full load at full height. I also recommend getting the rear tires filled. The dealer can do this. Adds weight and more importantly stability.

pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PS: once you start using this tractor you will wonder how and what you did without it. As I said before I use the fork way more than the bucket. Forks on the bucket make it a 'tweener. Kind of like a bucket and kind of like forks but really neither.

IC B3

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Keep in mind weight plays a big factor. Current trend is little tractors. I am glad I did not go that route. I wouldn't mind another bigger one for pushing trees over. I got a 40hp diesel, and I am really happy with the size. Used, could not afford new in that range. But so far I am glad, I went bigger and used. Obviously one big faulure can change that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The smaller the tractor, the more the need for the quick attach on that loader. I have QA on all mine, and it's the only way to go. If you do any mowing with the sub compacts, you will see a huge difference with the bucket left on, and with it off. As far as pallet forks go, those are one of the handiest things you can have.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
A guy could have a little one for mowing, and a big one for work. I get buy with riding mower, but at times wish I had something bigger for grass.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Zerk
A guy could have a little one for mowing, and a big one for work. I get buy with riding mower, but at times wish I had something bigger for grass.

I used my small tractor here around headquarters today for mowing. With my small shredder... 12' batwing. grin

It made a pretty quick job of things, but the a/c inside the cab sure was nice on a 100* day! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
I thought about a cab too, Barry.

...for plowing snow. wink

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
I thought about a cab too, Barry.

...for plowing snow. wink

I know a heater and cab will have you run out of there! I got out on a frosty morning here and turned the heater on... For about 5 minutes! laugh

It got pretty warn in there pretty quick! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Anyone have experience using a snow blower attachment with a gravel driveway. We get quite a bit of snow here and I get by with a 4 wheeler and a winch plow. I will be buying a smaller tractor, leaning toward JD with a front end loader, but am considering a snow blower. Not sure if the gravel driveway will be too hard on the blower however.

Sure would be nice to blow the snow where I want it, rather than trying to push it.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is what works for me. Through the summer especially in the fall i'm on the lookout for rock, sticks, boards etc that might get caught up in the blower. These get removed when I see them. Usually the first snow does not get removed but gets packed down and hopefully frozen. I also set the shoes on the blower lower early in the season. When the ground freezes, I raise the shoes accordingly. Also, I have extra shear bolts, they work but prevention is more better.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I bought the Kubota , 25 HP. So far,it has far surpassed my expectations and has done everything I wanted. The big thing about Kubota,if you get the quick detach loader assy, any universal skid steer attachment will fit. With John Deere, you are pretty much stuck with JD accessories. I did have the rear wheels set out to max width as it seemed unstable with the wheels sucked in close.Fixed that problem.Mine has the bucket and blade. I also bought 3 ft hay spears. That lifts an 800 lb ,3'x3'x 8 ' bale with no problem.Sure is easier than bucking small squares.

In all, it sure beats my old 1952 Ford 8N

I saved about $4k by going with Kubota,vs JD.I saved even more by traveling 60 miles to Pueblo,CO instead of buying from the local dealer south of Colorado Springs.

I bought a 60 blower in May, so I don't have experience with it yet,but my neighbor has 48 "one and another has 62 " one and both do gravel driveways.You have to be careful on how you set the height and shoes.I did try it on late April wet snow storm when the ground was mud.That didn't work out well.

Last edited by saddlesore; 07/29/17.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Anyone have experience with filled rear tires and cold temperatures?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,466 guests, and 698 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,676
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.