Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
July 20, 2017 Bob Unruh, Posted on Conservatives4Palin with permission from WND

It took eight years of frustration, court battles and waiting. It took the complete change of a presidential administration. And it took the persistent fighting of a top-level team of lawyers.
But the Albuquerque Tea Party now is registered with the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)4 organization, even though it was one of the hundreds of conservative groups obstructed by the agency under Barack Obama.

The American Center for Law and Justice, which has represented dozens of those groups in court fights, said the Albuquerque Tea Party now has its exempt status nearly eight years after originally filing its application.
"This is a major victor for free speech," ACLJ said.

The legal team the Obama administration had "orchestrated a complex scheme to dump conservative and tea party nonprofit applicants into a bureaucratic ‘black hole.'"
The conspiracy to delay the conservative groups' application for tax-exempt status, hindering their ability to raise funds, likely came from the top, ACLJ said.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
In an earlier time, such abuse of power might have precipitated a war or at least an assassination. I believe that since no one did anything but gripe, and most of those were directly impacted by the IRS, it shows the dems they can do anything to anyone and can expect a tepid response at best. Nice going "conservatives": you're nothing but demoncrap bitches.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Democrats lose.MAGA!!

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RickyD
In an earlier time, such abuse of power might have precipitated a war or at least an assassination. I believe that since no one did anything but gripe, and most of those were directly impacted by the IRS, it shows the dems they can do anything to anyone and can expect a tepid response at best. Nice going "conservatives": you're nothing but demoncrap bitches.

It is called the Law of the Land.And this time we won without some stupid and harmful to our side; war or assassination.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It only took 8 years to correct what should have happened internally in 10 minutes. Corruption abounds in govt w/o expedient checks and balances.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When are heads going to roll over this chit..........lol ....peasants!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Kinda reminds me of the environmentalists' approach. They don't have to win, they just have to tie it up in court. Now we won - years after Obama was elected. Somehow it feels like Obama won.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is a great opportunity for Trump to support his base. Obama managed lawsuits so that Democratic Front groups acquired hundreds of millions in "compensation". Tyrant Obama the Liar used the IRS to violate the civil rights of conservative groups and they deserve to be compensated to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars. Trump should arrange the settlement so that our side will be able to fight back against the Progressive Fascists.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The IRS should be made to refund their legal costs as well but we all know that won't happen.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's right, this is no longer relevant. The Zero won this one. The Tea Party movement is pretty much over.

When a new movement starts and new groups are formed, they will have to fight this very same battle against a Dem administration. And, like this time, they'll "win" - after it no longer matters.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's the old saying? "Justice delayed is justice denied."

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Kinda reminds me of the environmentalists' approach. They don't have to win, they just have to tie it up in court. Now we won - years after Obama was elected. Somehow it feels like Obama won.

I agree!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC
That's right, this is no longer relevant. The Zero won this one. The Tea Party movement is pretty much over.

When a new movement starts and new groups are formed, they will have to fight this very same battle against a Dem administration. And, like this time, they'll "win" - after it no longer matters.

The TEA party may be too late but the sentiment and attitude is still there. With the right focus it's possible they can have an impact. They need to start with the Federal Court systems.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BarryC
What's the old saying? "Justice delayed is justice denied."

What do you think would happen if these tea party organizations received a settlement of $750 million? Would that revive the movement?

[Linked Image from ]
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

Tea Party by what ever name you want to call them today just took the Senate and the White House away from the Dems. That's three elections in a row.
Now we need to kick some Republican ass. Get their minds right.
Think of the God awful mess we would be in if that had not happened.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 07/24/17.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Tea Party by what ever name you want to call them today just took the Senate and the White House away from the Dems. That's three elections in a row.
Now we need to kick some Republican ass. Get their minds right.
Think of the God awful mess we would be in if that had not happened.

Doesn't change a word of what I posted. Still enjoying my &^&*ing Obamacare. Obama won.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yea, that sounds real American....getting away with not paying any taxes...sounds like just more crooks to me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
The IRS should be made to refund their legal costs as well but we all know that won't happen.

The only problem with that, is we fund the IRS. Abuse of power should be the soup du jour .

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Outbackandy
Yea, that sounds real American....getting away with not paying any taxes...sounds like just more crooks to me.

They are following the law. That makes them the opposite of crooks. In case you can't extrapolate, it makes the people who charged them in the first place, the crooks. They were NOT following the law. Obama used the IRS to punish and shut down a political opponent. THAT'S the unamerican part. I suppose YOU overpay on your taxes, so you can be a better American, eh? Of course, that would be voluntary. The government forcing you to pay taxes you do not owe, is nothing more than theft.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
It only took 8 years to correct what should have happened internally in 10 minutes. Corruption abounds in govt w/o expedient checks and balances.

and John Koskinen is still IRS Commissioner. I can't believe that Trump did not fire that left wing ideologue.

Sam......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

650 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 78 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,498
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.