-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Sounds like ADFG is having a big meeting today about possibly shutting down the Kenai to sportfishing for sockeye.

http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Fi...-River-for-sports-fishing-436576233.html

SOLDOTNA, Alaska (KTUU) - The Alaska Department of Fish and Game are scheduled to meet Tuesday, in order to discuss closing sport fishing on the Kenai River later this week, due to low numbers of Sockeye salmon.

Brian Marston, area manager of sports fisheries, says there will be a normally scheduled weekly meeting at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday afternoon, to discuss sports fishing on the Kenai River.

Sports fishing will “probably not close tonight,” according to Marston.

Marston says he has not seen the latest numbers of Sockeye salmon yet, but he says that commercial fishing was closed on the Kenai for the Monday fishing period.

As area manager with ADF&G, Marston has the power to close the river for sports fishing.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It's a shame what's happened to the Kenai and other rivers on the peninsula. It's becoming a familiar theme up and down the west coast and I don't see it improving without drastic measures that would cause a chit storm of epic proportions.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds like ADFG is having a big meeting today about possibly shutting down the Kenai to sportfishing for sockeye.

They should shut it down to sportfishing . The commercial guys need the fish.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I wish F&G would "manage" mosquitoes.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Story is updated.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ironbender

Lol. That's a good way to extinctify the state bird.

Get the Washington department of fish and game and the Indians here to help you guys "co-manage" them and by next summer you'll not only be mosquitoe free but your taxes will go up significantly and you'll be overrun with Mexicans. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by ironbender

Lol. That's a good way to extinctify the state bird.

Get the Washington department of fish and game and the Indians here to help you guys "co-manage" them and by next summer you'll not only be mosquitoe free but your taxes will go up significantly and you'll be overrun with Mexicans. 😉

Think I will buy an ad in a Louisiana newspaper, somewhere near a deep bayou and notify them the season just closed on Fish Board members and the they taste good...

We would get a new board pretty quick. How those POS members sleep at night is beyond me...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they shut the Kenai down to sport fishing ol gov walker going to have even more problems. The head of f&g might as well resign and the BOF better all hand is resignation letters. This has been one of the biggest goat [bleep] by fish and game well since last year and the year before and the year before that..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Winter is coming.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Winter is coming.

Got a link to that story?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
If they shut the Kenai down to sport fishing ol gov walker going to have even more problems. The head of f&g might as well resign and the BOF better all hand is resignation letters. This has been one of the biggest goat [bleep] by fish and game well since last year and the year before and the year before that..

It is disgusting. When they cut back rockfish limits in Kodiak to "disincentive sports fishing" it brought back multiple memories of following longline R's picking up dead yelloweyes... they ain't managing the resource for us...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
If they shut down sport and comm, but not PU, there will be a big riot.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The PU season is almost over so mostly a mute point. Aside from the BOF having a strong lean towards the commy's, the nature of the beast is the further upstream you are, the harder you get screwed. The comms already get their fill before F&G realizes oops we let them catch too many, then its just a question of dip netters or rod and reel folks getting cut back or cut out.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hardest part for BOF these days was caused by the Exxon Valdez... they can no longer claim over-escapement is a big bad issue...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad I spent my vacation time going on a grizzly hunt in June rather than at the cabin in Kenai trying to catch reds. Next July the wife & I will be there flippin for reds.

Last edited by colorado bob; 07/26/17.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 35, 12 invisible), 1,475 guests, and 791 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,570
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.