Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Originally Posted by doubletap
I saw the first episode of "Shooter" last night. The lead character stated that the .223 with 55 grain bullets isn't adequate for anything larger than a squirrel. It must be true or it wouldn't have been on t.v. whistle

Damn! Im gonna have to re-evaluate my thinking and stunt shooting!

Don't worry. Everybody knows that anything said on TV is false.

I hate to hear this. I just bought full head to toe Mossy Oak Camo and face paint to wear in a Texas box blind! Also I picked up a case of Scent Killer Gold and two Ozonics units, plus 13 various calls and two bottles of that smokey stuff to check the wind.....I learned about all this stuff on TV.....

I ain't gonna ask what wind you is checking...

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I saw the first episode of "Shooter" last night. The lead character stated that the .223 with 55 grain bullets isn't adequate for anything larger than a squirrel. It must be true or it wouldn't have been on t.v. whistle

Lots of ignorant people on tv.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I watched the first episode and gave up on it. If they are going to make a show about a "Shooter" they need to get a tech adviser to minimize their mistakes, of which there were a great many.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
They probably have a tech advisor and don't listen to him. When I was a contractor at 21st Cavalry Brigade, the production folks for the G.I. Joe movie came to use the Longbow Apache simulator to film the Apache scenes for the movie. They had a crew do a hellfire missile shot. One of the guys asked "how about instead, you move this switch then flip this button." Our guy replied "Then it wouldn't be a missile shot." Movie guy says "That's ok. It looks better." The Hollywood folks have no interest in reality... not that that should surprise anybody...

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
[Linked Image]

I've been told that 55 gr. CT ballistic silvertips will work when the moon is in its 7th hour and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut

Lots of ignorant people on watching tv.

Fixed it for ya.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hate to hear this. I just bought full head to toe Mossy Oak Camo and face paint to wear in a Texas box blind! Also I picked up a case of Scent Killer Gold and two Ozonics units, plus 13 various calls and two bottles of that smokey stuff to check the wind.....I learned about all this stuff on TV.....

But......but.................................................you forgot the Butt Out tool and the cough suppressor.

Can I join the Clan now.........please ...............please............can I ..................can I?

Last edited by Prwlr; 07/25/17.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Prwlr

But......but.................................................you forgot the Butt Out tool and the cough suppressor.

Can I join the Clan now.........please ...............please............can I ..................can I?

I'll have you know that hunting from a typical Texas deer blind is not for the faint of heart!

[Linked Image]

ask me how I know!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Always love how Hollywood has to pump that shotgun 14 times to make sure its loaded. The one hand vertical pump shake.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
G-Dubs,

How do you keep your scope from fogging up while shooting from the hot tub?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
223 can kill pigs out 600 yards.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by geedubya
[Linked Image]

I've been told that 55 gr. CT ballistic silvertips will work when the moon is in its 7th hour and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

ya!

GWB

Not true Geedub! You gotta have at least a 60 grain NBT and your .223 has to be AIed to work on pigs. Astrology has nothing to do with it!

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by JayJunem
G-Dubs,

How do you keep your scope from fogging up while shooting from the hot tub?

That ain't a hot tub, the bubbles are from the neighbor boy.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va

Damn! Im gonna have to re-evaluate my thinking and stunt shooting!

Don't worry. Everybody knows that anything said on TV is false.

With that endorsement, I'm going to buy some Mossy Oak Camo too. I hate to admit it but I shot a deer while wearing blue jeans and a tan T-shirt. Now I've learned that you need full camo. Probably why I couldn't get closer, it was my longest archery shot yet.

I think Scent Killer is to spray on your hunting partner after a couple days in camp; to make him less offensive.

Last edited by doubletap; 07/27/17.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Yeah the 223 has come a long way since the days of 1/12 twist and 55 grain bullets meant for pelts.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T

A few years ago, a guy in Utah killed a bear by throwing a chunk of 2x4 at it. I figure that will be the next super cartridge, so I'll try it on a bear hunt this year. I will let you all know the best length and type of wood. Any body know the ballistic coeficient of a 2x4?

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
We should just chuck all these big magnums and such in the bush. People most be fools for buying even 6mm.

You could shoot a guy in the foot, given enough yardage to watch him fall, you could call it an appropriate round.

Are you the same people driving 4 bangers, saying I don't need a V8? I am sure someone will pipe up, I got V6 Toyota.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
An example of a fool is a guy who believes a 300 Win. mag is a 500 yard elk rifle but a 308 Win. isn't an elk rifle at all.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Zerk
We should just chuck all these big magnums and such in the bush. People most be fools for buying even 6mm.

Truth be told, I don't hunt many critters larger than deer anymore, and my " Big" gun is a .243...

But my Nissan has 6 cylinders... whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

With that endorsement, I'm going to buy some Mossy Oak Camo too. I hate to admit it but I shot a deer while wearing blue jeans and a tan T-shirt. Now I've learned that you need full camo. Probably why I couldn't get closer, it was my longest archery shot yet.

I think Scent Killer is to spray on your hunting partner after a couple days in camp; to make him less offensive.

In all this excitement, we forgot to mention " Nose Jammer" a miracle product invented to give credence to the " Greater Fool" theory...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 1,473 guests, and 849 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,577
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.