Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by smokepole
Somebody probably already said this but if Trump really wants Sessions to resign, all he has to do is ask for the resignation. He's the President, and if he asks for a resignation he gets it, it's that simple.

Did anybody consider that with all the bullsh** swirling around Russia, Don Jr., and Kushner, they need a foil to take some heat, and Sessions is it?

You guys underestimate Trump. If he wanted Sessions gone, he'd be gone.

If you guys recall Sessions offered his resignation to Trump about a month ago and Trump didn't accept it. That's a fact, look it up.

Trump wants to embarrass Sessions and I think it's a shame. There are many people who believe that Sessions is the exact type of hard line conservative that this country needs in an AG. For pete's sake he's driving the agenda that Trump preached on the campaign trail. Trump is wrong to turn on this guy. If you read breitbart you will see that conservatives are getting really pissed off at Trumps shenanigans. It's getting really stupid at this point. What is his end game?

It's like he would rather fight with people than govern.

BP-B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Wrong! He put him on notice. Do your job. I can't do it by myself. We haven't had nor have we needed a President to be so out in front of our collective faces. I believe (maybe cause I want to) that, that is the purpose of many of the things President Trump does.

Last edited by knivesforme; 07/25/17.

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Jeff Sessions has F'ed up time after time and screwed his boss in the process. Time to go.

Jeff Sessions is a highly principled man who should NOT resign. Trump said that he never would have appointed Attorney General Jeff Sessions had he known Mr. Sessions would recuse himself from overseeing the Russia investigation; of course, Sessions did not know he'd have to recuse himself at the time of his appointment. If the Special Prosecutor's investigation of the Trump campaign and meeting with the Russians are just "fake news", what is the President concerned about?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by djs
If the Special Prosecutor's investigation of the Trump campaign and meeting with the Russians are just "fake news", what is the President concerned about?

Showin your proud rainbow colors again, moron.

What a surprise.

Normally, a special prosecutor gets appointed to investigate evidence of a crime, i.e., watergate, blue dress stains.

IOW, you have the evidence that a crime may have occurred, burglary, perjury, then you appoint the SP and see if a prosecutable crime occurred.

But not with President Trump.

There is absolutely *no* evidence any crime was ever committed, even if the BS thrown out by the Demonrats was believed.

Ain't no crime to talk to "Russians".

Ain't no crime to accept their help with information on your opponent.

So there's no crime to investigate.

And yet, there's a liberal, ILLary donatin' special prosecutor, who hires 45 other ILLary supportin' prosecutors, investigatin *no* crime.

Only a supporter of Russian gulags could get behind this witch hunt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I think you significantly overestimate Trump....................Biggly.

I hope that i'm wrong.

MM

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Why not just fire rosenstein? Why is there no discussion on the #2?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RollingThunder
Somebody probably already said this but if Trump really wants Sessions to resign, all he has to do is ask for the resignation. He's the President, and if he asks for a resignation he gets it, it's that simple.

Did anybody consider that with all the bullsh** swirling around Russia, Don Jr., and Kushner, they need a foil to take some heat, and Sessions is it?

If you guys recall Sessions offered his resignation to Trump about a month ago and Trump didn't accept it. That's a fact, look it up.

Trump wants to embarrass Sessions and I think it's a shame. There are many people who believe that Sessions is the exact type of hard line conservative that this country needs in an AG. For pete's sake he's driving the agenda that Trump preached on the campaign trail. Trump is wrong to turn on this guy. If you read breitbart you will see that conservatives are getting really pissed off at Trumps shenanigans. It's getting really stupid at this point. What is his end game?

It's like he would rather fight with people than govern.

It's not like Trump has had much cooperation from anybody. For defeating HRC, the GOP rank and file should supplicate themselves before him.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It's my understanding that Sessions recused himself WITHOUT talking to his boss about it beforehand. I think that by not consulting with Trump about recusing himself that he made a big mistake and a major break in protocol and Trump has every reason to be annoyed.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the Repubs have any hope of controlling Congress after the next midterms, it will involve a substantial house cleaning. I suspect though that the nation will go with the obvious alternative. Democrats.

1Minute
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
I am still looking for all those good reasons why Trump needs to fire Sessions and Mueller and....

We do not need a Cabinet of yes men afraid to disagree when the head man is wrong.

Though we don't agree on Lincoln and the War of Northern Aggression, I do tend to agree with you on this. I don't want a bunch of mindless robots, like the Democrats appoint to a cabinet, I want to see people in there who aren't afraid to make a decision on their own.

Simply take a look at Lincoln's Cabinet. Strong men with strong opinions. Lincoln always listened to those who disagreed, weighted what they said, and did what he thought was right. It takes a better man than most to pull that off.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump should fire Sessions or shut up about it. He's coming across like a whiny little bitch with his twitter crap.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by slowmover12

Um... distraction. What is the media not losing their heads over today?

Trump and Sessions sitting in a tree
T-W-E-E-T-I-N-G
First some love
Then comes marriage
Then comes the healthcare repeal/replace package (whether or not it gets voted on in the senate, the big story today is not Obamacare, it's Trump tweeting about Sessions)

Time to wake up!

I'll add this #NeverTrumper post to illustrate my point:

Originally Posted by curdog4570
Trump should fire Sessions or shut up about it. He's coming across like a whiny little bitch with his twitter crap.

Just buy a hat already, man. I'll bet Sessions goes nowhere. I been wrong before, once.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

But it's soooo unfair. Really terribly unfair. Everyone knows how unfair it is. Sad. Badly even.

Lol. The guy whines like a kvetching old Jewish lady.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by slowmover12

Um... distraction. What is the media not losing their heads over today?

Trump and Sessions sitting in a tree
T-W-E-E-T-I-N-G
First some love
Then comes marriage
Then comes the healthcare repeal/replace package (whether or not it gets voted on in the senate, the big story today is not Obamacare, it's Trump tweeting about Sessions)

Time to wake up!

I'll add this #NeverTrumper post to illustrate my point:

Just buy a hat already, man. I'll bet Sessions goes nowhere. I been wrong before, once.

The healthcare vote is all over the news. Not that it's likely to lead to anything.

You buy me the hat, I'll buy you a beer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think Sessions should be fired. And a real leader doesn't badmouth his subordinates.

But...... Trumps style seems to suit the metrosexual types so maybe y'all are his new base of support.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
It could have been a Jeb Bush and got his ass handed to him! Stud!

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think Sessions should be fired. And a real leader doesn't badmouth his subordinates.

But...... Trumps style seems to suit the metrosexual types so maybe y'all are his new base of support.

I know you're old, but I'm on your side.

Trump whines like an old lady.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I don't understand why any Conservative would want Sessions to resign, much less why Trump would be upset with him.

He has done an excellent job on illegal immigration which is why Trump brought him on.

Just because Holder was a hack doesn't mean Sessions should be, and that seems to be Trump's "logic".

Trump doesn't seem to have any real core principles except himself and his narcissism. If he fires Sessions it has to be presumed that his litmus test will be firing the special prosecutor which will really turn this Russian stupidity into something.

Terrible terrible work here Mr Pres; not at all what I wanted when I voted for him.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If Sessions stays, he needs to clean up the mess that he in part is responsible for.

Rosenstein and Mueller need to go, as does that BS "investigation" that has all Hillary supporters in key positions to do our country more harm.

That BS needs to end. NOW.

Maybe then they can focus on what we elected this administration to do.

Sessions needs to grow a set of balls, or step down.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
I don't understand why any Conservative would want Sessions to resign, much less why Trump would be upset with him.

He has done an excellent job on illegal immigration which is why Trump brought him on.

Just because Holder was a hack doesn't mean Sessions should be, and that seems to be Trump's "logic".

Trump doesn't seem to have any real core principles except himself and his narcissism. If he fires Sessions it has to be presumed that his litmus test will be firing the special prosecutor which will really turn this Russian stupidity into something.

Terrible terrible work here Mr Pres; not at all what I wanted when I voted for him.

Good post. I'm far more concerned with the good job that Sessions has done on illegal immigration than with his failure to kiss Trump's ass, as some of the other posters are. Just because a few of them are ass kissers, doesn't mean that Sessions has to be one. If Trump would work half as hard pushing his agenda, as he does agitating those that he doesn't like, the country would be much better off. I didn't vote this crap, I voted for something better, or at least I thought I did.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
637 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 73 invisible), 2,763 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.