Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Wow when pigs fly bad things can happen. Hope your pard is alright. I like some of the same things too.
But when I am on watch so to speak and we get out the heavy artillery I either round up all other weapons or round up the "adult beverages" I have seen too many minor mishaps and sure don't want to see a major one.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Tejano
Wow when pigs fly bad things can happen. Hope your pard is alright. I like some of the same things too.
But when I am on watch so to speak and we get out the heavy artillery I either round up all other weapons or round up the "adult beverages" I have seen too many minor mishaps and sure don't want to see a major one.

laugh

Heard about that, never until now have I seen such... grin

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Shoulder shot may mean you will have to track some.

Depends on what you hit'em with.

This med sized hog was shoulder shot with a 120 gr. E-Tip out of a 26 Nosler at 3,450 fps. Not much tracking...

DF

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
When perforating hoglets, my shot of choice is to draw an imaginary line between the ear and shoulder, then attempt to place a bullet about two inches below the ear along that line. Pretty much anywhere in the near proximity will result in a severing of the spinal column and the porker will drop and paddle. Since these critters are constantly moving and shots may be 200 yds. or so, the POI may be off a skosh (as I zero at 200 and the 175 yd shots are downhill at a +/- 20degree angle)

[Linked Image]

a tad high @ +/-175 yds,. 6.5 Leopard (6.5-300WSM), 140 gr. Sierra Spitzer, DRT

[Linked Image]

pretty close! 270 Winchester, 130 gr. Accubond, +/- 120 yds, DRT

[Linked Image]

little high and back, 325 WSM, 200 Gr. Accubond, +/- 175 yds. DRT

[Linked Image]

little high and back, 325 WSM, 200 gr Nosler Accubond, +/- 150 yds. DRT.

[Linked Image]

another, a skosh high and back. 300 H&H, 180 gr. TSX, +/- 175 yds. DRT

As one can tell, I'm not the best shot as I'm usually one to two inches off my intended POI. But what the hey. Nice thing about this shot is that you can usually be two inches off in any direction and still not have to track.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
GW---You are a hog killin machine !! Bob

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by colorado bob
GW---You are a hog killin machine !! Bob

ya!

I nailed 21 or so in April and May

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Circumstances have prevented me from doing much for June and July, but I'll be back at em soon!

ya!

GWB

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
[quote=geedubya] [Linked Image]

[quote]

That's an old one.

RM

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I spot and stalk them on foot. Shoulder shot a ~250 lb boar about 10 years ago with a 7-08 and a 140 grain TSX. Perfect shot placement, but the bullet apparently didn't penetrate the shoulder bones and he ran off, never to be seen again. Next pig hunt, I used my .470 NE loaded with 500 grain Woodleigh softs. It was very effective on a 355 lb boar at 50 yards with a shoulder shot and a lot of fun to hunt with.

In recent years, I've settled on a 9.3x62 with a 286 grain TSX. IMO, a perfect pig rifle. Quite effective on shoulder shots.

Lesson learned: If you're going to shoot them in the shoulder, use enough gun.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Winchestermodel70
I spot and stalk them on foot. Shoulder shot a ~250 lb boar about 10 years ago with a 7-08 and a 140 grain TSX. Perfect shot placement, but the bullet apparently didn't penetrate the shoulder bones and he ran off, never to be seen again. Next pig hunt, I used my .470 NE loaded with 500 grain Woodleigh softs. It was very effective on a 355 lb boar at 50 yards with a shoulder shot and a lot of fun to hunt with.

In recent years, I've settled on a 9.3x62 with a 286 grain TSX. IMO, a perfect pig rifle. Quite effective on shoulder shots.

?

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yep, 9.3 should whack'em with authority... grin

I want to load some "hog loads" for my .375 H&H. Even have some cast bullets to try.

I have a .45 Colt Marlin Cowboy with VX-2 3-9x40 It loves 300 gr. cast and jacketed bullets at around 1,500 -1,600 fps.

And, I'm loading some 300 gr. Hornady HP's for my .45-70 Marlin at around 1,850 fps. It'll easily go 2K+, but starts getting nasty; 2K won't kill'em any better than 1.850.

Good hog medicine, all.

DF

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

My God, the level of stupid that flows from you is only surpassed by the level of stupid that spewed from your father into your mother.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Steelhead

My God, the level of stupid that flows from you is only surpassed by the level of stupid that spewed from your father into your mother.

Classic, Scotty.

Some folk balk at allowing pix of scantily clad women such as is found in the 223 AI thread in the Misc. Forum. Others balk at graphic pix of dead critters with blood,guts and gore in stark evidence. I imagine some implore the owner of this site to prohibit that. If I were the owner or moderator of this site, sick Fcuks' like you would be history, as you add nothing but bad vibes and disharmony in the posts of yours I've seen.

yup!

GWB

BTW,
the 9.3, 286 Gr. Nosler Partiton does a number on hoglets...........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This one kinda reminds me of you. Diseased!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Shot 250lb boar Monday right behind the shoulder with a .223 at 130 yards. He went 30 yards. Plain old Rem Green Box 55gr SP

Last edited by Sasha_and_Abby; 07/28/17.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by geedubya

Classic, Scotty.

Some folk balk at allowing pix of scantily clad women such as is found in the 223 AI thread in the Misc. Forum. Others balk at graphic pix of dead critters with blood,guts and gore in stark evidence. I imagine some implore the owner of this site to prohibit that. If I were the owner or moderator of this site, sick Fcuks' like you would be history, as you add nothing but bad vibes and disharmony in the posts of yours I've seen.

yup!

GWB

BTW,
the 9.3, 286 Gr. Nosler Partiton does a number on hoglets...........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This one kinda reminds me of you. Diseased!

Funny, you know my name but I don't know yours. Of course full anonymity is what you do best, though a few that have met you assure me that you are a horses ass.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

Funny, you know my name but I don't know yours. Of course full anonymity is what you do best, though a few that have met you assure me that you are a horses ass.

Not surprising really, you're a known quantity! and although not spelled out, any on the board that know me, know how to pronounce my initials. As to being a horses ass. I can be much more than that when appropriate!

ya!

GWB

BTW, you drew first blood!

Last edited by geedubya; 07/28/17.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Not surprising really, you're a known quantity! and although not spelled out, any on the board that know me, know how to pronounce my initials. As to being a horses ass. I can be much more than that when appropriate!

ya!

GWB

I dunno about all this. I know GWB.....I don't think he's capable of being a horses ass.I'd share a campfire, a tent, or a drink with him anytime, anywhere....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
ingwe, never met Gee, but to me your estimation of the man is excellent...

Molon Labe
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

ya!

GWB

You're a known pussy hurt chump too. I make one joke about someone else that I know you fly off the fUgging handle and get all pussy hurt. Sorry you're too damned old to matter, ain't my problem.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by ingwe

ya!

GWB

I dunno about all this. I know GWB.....I don't think he's capable of being a horses ass.I'd share a campfire, a tent, or a drink with him anytime, anywhere....

Has he ever beaten a dog to death?

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 6MMWASP, 13 invisible), 2,196 guests, and 826 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,660
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.