Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No, I don't know if its true. Which is why I didnt say it, along with all the other stuff I don't know to be true.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I think the 250 grain Barnes TSX would make a dandy bullet for deer if you want unleaded.

They do. My BPCR Browning loves them at 2,550 fps over Vihtavuori n-120, a Barnes Marlin '95 load. It blows daylight thru WT's.

My Marlin .45-70 doesn't like them as much as the BPCR, it likes 300 gr. JHP over 3031 and 4198 at around 1,800 fps. I'm going to use that combo this fall on hogs and WT's. Am trying RL-7, never used it before with these bullets. I have a box of Combined Technologies 300 gr. RN to try.

DF

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by smokepole
No, I don't know if its true. Which is why I didnt say it, along with all the other stuff I don't know to be true.

So me saying I heard something, but not sure if true, and letting person decide,bis bad?

I know local store switched to winchester brass. I know midway is out of the Remington stuff I looked up.

So I think a good person mentions this, in case people want to stock up on something they like. They are free to do there own research.

But some how you think that is against the point of this place ? If the point is to be a dick, then yes, I should not have mentioned it.

Last edited by Zerk; 07/30/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I think the 250 grain Barnes TSX would make a dandy bullet for deer if you want unleaded.

I have a box of Combined Technologies 300 gr. RN to try.
DF

Forgot I have a few of those too. A guy on the Nosler forum really likes them for deer.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Zerk

So me saying I heard something, but not sure if true, and letting person decide,bis bad?

No, I never said it was bad. Just very similar to your other opinions expressed here. You "heard about it."

As far as the "point of this place," it's to share information. The most useful of which is information the poster knows to be true.

IC B2

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Zerk

No, I never said it was bad. Just very similar to your other opinions expressed here. You "heard about it."

As far as the "point of this place," it's to share information. The most useful of which is information the poster knows to be true.

Ahhhh? I wrote I heard something that you nay wNt to check out if it concerns you. I suppose I could wait until I get the corporate memo

You are upset, because I said around here I know a few people using 45-70, and no one smaller than 6mm. Tb
This really sent you into full protest vagina hat mode. An adult would say in my area or my circle of friends no one use 45-70 and 223 is popular. Personally I think you look like a fool saying outdated, when people on this site use them.

You come back saying I must be retard, because you know you are wrong, to lazy to crate an argument, or not smart enough to do so, so you just call the other person names.

I like that this site is not sensitive, but it is sure full if some real prises. But I welcome the freedom for you be upset, and glad we can allow you to be that way. It is probably good for you to get on the Internet and vent. I suspect you would get bitch slapped if you ever tried taking frustrations out on wife though.

Myself, I have a wide variety guns, and the only struggle is using them all, and buying more.

You come from different part of the country or mentality that behaves different. Who gets upset when people don't agree with you. Personally I think it is,a self esteem or confidence problem.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, zerk, you been drinking? You crack me up though. seriously.

1) I'm not "upset." I'm just pointing out the fact that virtually every opinion you've expressed since you first logged on here was based on something somebody else told you. It's pretty entertaining actually.

2) I never said the 45-70 was "outdated."

3) I never called you a retard.

4) I suspect you would get bitch slapped if you were standing in front of me and said the stupid sh** you said above.

Have a nice rest of your evening.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I run 325 Hornady FTX with 52 grains of H322. Kills good. You can run them up to 2200 fps but I believe that goes beyond what the bullet is designed for.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
I would have to go back and look. But one of the 223 but buddies have called me retarded. Lots of cry and protest from the group of 223 buddies, because I said around here 224 is a coyote gun and a deer gun, and I know a few people using 45-7for deer, and no adults using 223.

What have I said to bring out the protests? I Sai I am sure people do, and I am sure it will Lilla deer.

But there is a group of ah guys that is very upset, who blow ach other when one makes some statement that lack SD thought or even wit.

So you and the BB know what people use around here,and act like no one is using 4570 for deer, despite the threads on here.

Personally I think there is a lot of fluffing going on around here, and I am surprised on this type of forum, there are men fluffing.

Butit is clever to say i am not hunter ,never shot anything, and don't live where I say, my mother eats sh"t, but not not talk about hunting or ballistics. Excuse my typing, it is on cell phone cause u am actually at deer camp, and not behind a computer.

But keep reaching around and fluffing each other, every time one says ahh you stupid. Atlas make an effort to be witty. It is a sign of intelligence.

I hope I am.not being to subtle when I talk about your character, sexual preference, or intelligence. Judging from your momma comments, I may need to dumb it down for this site.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
But if you enjoy it, put up some more pics of horses penises and men. Not my thing, but Google what you like, and fill this site up with what you like to see.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It was a midget and a miniature donkey...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, zerk I think you need to stop mixing cough syrup with rubbing alcohol.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Zerk is defining the word Troll.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by kingston
It was a midget and a miniature donkey...

Good to know, you know your dicks.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well so far I have a box of Hornady Leverevolution 325 gr. FTX and a box of Winchester 300 grain loads. I am ordering a 430 grain WFN mould also. For me I will propbably shoot up the Winchester loading for brass, save the Hornady for a special occasion and end up loading the cast bullet to two different levels 1300 fps and 1800 fps.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

I have a box of Combined Technologies 300 gr. RN to try.
DF

Forgot I have a few of those too. A guy on the Nosler forum really likes them for deer.

I'm recently using John Taffins favorite load, 52 gr. H-322. I grouped the 300 CT and the 300 Horn JHP at a hundred. They both were near MOA in my old Microgroove pre safety Marlin 1895, the Horn slightly edging the CT.

This load runs around 1,875 fps. Recoil isn't bad and those big bullets hit hard.

I've killed deer with the 300 JHP in the past, usually DRT. Haven't used the .45-70 other than in my primitive gun (BPCR), in some time. Want to try it again.

DF

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I switched to 300 grain Hornady hollow points in the 45/70 for deer, and try to keep my hand loads at about 1650-1700fps. Expansion seems good, penetration is as well without excessive meat damage, and blood trails seem shorter on average than the 400-405 grainers I'd been using.

Last edited by paint; 11/01/17.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm using the HSM 430gr Hard Cast "Bear Load" this year for NY whitetails, because I can. Not needed, no real gain, but when you finally buy a Siamese Mauser in .45-70, you might as well load it a little hotter than your Marlin....

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

391 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 38 invisible), 1,889 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,602
Posts18,454,671
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.