Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Sad ... Very Sad. His later segments of the show were the most heart-felt and inspirational, since he seemed to know / sense that his time at his cabin was limited. I particularly liked the segments where his ex-wife and daughter, Talicia, were able to spend time with him. You could see the utter joy in his eyes. His Spirit Lives On!

R.I.P. Bob.

GB1

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
Originally Posted by saddlering
I also enjoyed Bob & Preston, theres a good Book out on Heimo life, i cant rember the title, but enjoyed reading it!

"The Final Frontiersman" It was written by his cousin.

Last edited by ykrvak; 07/28/17.

Because through judicious handloading and a bold sense of optimism, you can make anything into an .88 Magnum - once! 😁 - chesterpulley
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
RIP Bob, and Preston.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RIP guys.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ftbt
Sad ... Very Sad. His later segments of the show were the most heart-felt and inspirational, since he seemed to know / sense that his time at his cabin was limited. I particularly liked the segments where his ex-wife and daughter, Talicia, were able to spend time with him. You could see the utter joy in his eyes. His Spirit Lives On!

R.I.P. Bob.

Originally Posted by ftbt

R.I.P. Bob.

The first couple episodes I didn't care for him, but as you say in the later episodes he became very thoughtful in his comments and was enjoyable...almost inspirational to watch

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Saw the dedication to Preston the other night, very sorry to hear about Bob also, two good representatives of the things many of us value. R.I.P. Preston and Bob.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
frown RIP.......

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Preston was a good guy. Without him I don't know how anyone could stand Eustice by himself. A shame.

That said about the best show on the air in our opinion (Carolyn and I) is Last Alaskans. And we enjoyed Bob and family including Ruger VERY much.

Condolences to family.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
On a side note....are there more episodes of LastAlaskans planned?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does anyone remember what the name of the show Eustace and Preston were on before Mountain Men?
It was a prepper/survivalist show (not Preppers) It showed them with the school they had.

A lot of the people on The Last Alaskans, Life Below Zero and Yukon Men were first introduced on the show Flying Wild Alaska.
Sue was a regular and Bob made a appearance. The Hailstone's from Life Below Zero were on it. Charley, Stan or James from Yukon Men were there to great the plane when it came into Tanana.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hikerbum
On a side note....are there more episodes of LastAlaskans planned?

We sure hope there is a new season coming next year!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I liked Bob, but he got a little morose for me. Seems like he knew his time was up. I enjoy Heimo a lot. Really seems like a good guy.

As far as Preston goes, he made Eustace way more tolerable. I prefer several others on the Mountainman than Eustace. Mostly the guys in Alaska and Montana.

I was envious they got to live life on their own terms. RIP

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Kinda hard to say, some get morose, some don't I guess. My dad did at the end, and it was a long year or so. I NEVER expected Dad to get that way. So I won't hold that against Bob.

We like Heimo the most too.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by old_willys
Just reading the story online that Bob Harte pasted away this week,

A shame, I liked him on that show.

Ret USN
NRA Life, NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ..... lasts forever.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
He might have been the only redeeming feature of that whole series. Eustace and the rest of the gallery of so-called mountain men are a pathetic lot.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I went to Bob's funeral. It was a wonderful gathering of the real people of the Bush. I met his stepson Traver who will be teaching Social Studies between my sister and I at West Valley High School. He is a great guy and he MC'ed the funeral. He is extremely high energy and Bob had nicknamed him "Twitch". I think Charlie Jagow is going to play a bigger role in the show this season. I think that Traver is going to continue to use the cabin as he has moved up to Fairbanks from Anchorage. I am just happy that I have another teacher to work with who isn't a communist. He going through the same thing that I am and that is going to be helpful. You can bet your guns that any liberal teacher who wants to give him crap as a new teacher is going to face my unadulterated fury. Traver will do well.

Bob had a bucket list that he worked to finish before he checked in. He had a homemade camper that he took down to Arizona that he lost on the way. He went back to get it and there was nothing left. The day before he died Traver and Tallicia called all of his friends together and had a bonfire with him. He thanked everybody who was his friend and then died the next day.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
RIP Bob....gone to the happy hunting ground...

Really enjoyed his in put on the Last Alaskans. He came through as being so passionate about his lifestyle and the way he lived his life.

Alaska just looks like such a neat place.......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

I liked Bob, but he got a little morose for me. Seems like he knew his time was up. I enjoy Heimo a lot. Really seems like a good guy.

As far as Preston goes, he made Eustace way more tolerable. I prefer several others on the Mountainman than Eustace. Mostly the guys in Alaska and Montana.

I'm with you on Preston. I don't care for Eustace at all, even though I know he's a dedicated outdoorsman, I look at him as a overgrown hippie. Preston, on the other hand, seemed very legit and like a good guy. I do like Marty, Tom, and Rich best of all on that show.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sad to hear. Really seemed like a couple of good old boys. Enjoyed watching both of them and what they added to each show. I met up with Heimo in 2011 on my way through Fort Yukon. I thought that was pretty neat because I knew about him from a previous trip.

RIP... Bob and Preston, thanks for sharing a part of your life with us!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

I'm with you on Preston. I don't care for Eustace at all, even though I know he's a dedicated outdoorsman, I look at him as a overgrown hippie. Preston, on the other hand, seemed very legit and like a good guy. I do like Marty, Tom, and Rich best of all on that show.

Eustace doesn't seem like much of a mountain man or outdoorsman to me. More of a farmer if you ask me. Seen him hunt and shoot a bit and he doesn't impress as being terribly good/knowledgeable. Most of what he does on the show is stuff you can see Amish farmers doing in their daily, routine farm chores.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,243 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,123
Posts18,464,608
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.