Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've got a couple of the Alaskan guide creations, I like them.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ditto to the Rick Young harness. Have owned and used half a dozen other brands/styles and am not looking back. The Rick Young is the only bino harness I've used that keeps binos tight to chest when I want them tight to chest, yet is QUICK and easy to use the binoculars. Versatile with several ways to snug up the glass. I hunt the wet and added a bino cover taken from another covered harness. Works extremely well. Ditto that the binos are easy to use with the harness attached when not on my bod.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I used a Crooked Horn bino harness for years until my wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas. Rick Young bino harness. They are lightweight but I found that they snag easily in brush, especially the pig tail.

I only use them for sporting events and in open country.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by roundoak
I used a Crooked Horn bino harness for years until my wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas. Rick Young bino harness. They are lightweight but I found that they snag easily in brush, especially the pig tail.

I only use them for sporting events and in open country.

Interesting. I have hardly ever worn mine outside my outer layer of clothes so never noticed. I normally have at least some kind of shell or fleece outer shirt or jacket over the harness that is open in front to access binos. Helps keep them quiet from a stick or branch bumping the binos, helps keep them dry in rain (though I added a minimal waterproof cover to the Rick Young) and helps keep them from fogging in our wet conditions.

Last edited by Okanagan; 08/10/17. Reason: afterthot
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I have an Alaskan Guide K.I.S.S with the Max pocket and have to say it does the job well without to much bulk!

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I use my Rick Young for a compact archery binoculars but for rifle elk hunting the Alaskan guide Creations are great for my good binoculars- they protect them in dusty or wet / windy conditions carry license, tags, rangefinder and a small knife. All I need is my rifle and AGC binoculars pack to be prepared and move quickly if I spot something driving in or out of an area or want to drop my backpack and run to the next ridge.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I love the rick young for a simple harness. It holds well and is super simple and light. It offers no protection though.

I recently bought an Outdoor Vision harness and I'm extremely impressed. Worth looking at. Spendy but very nice and quiet and quick and full protection.

Lee

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Kuiu for me

I have 2 and my wife 1

I've also got the Kuiu, the harness works great, it's very well thought out. I do get dust on the objectives and will likely put something in the bottom of the pouch to seal against them when they're not in use.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stomatador
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Kuiu for me

I have 2 and my wife 1

I've also got the Kuiu, the harness works great, it's very well thought out. I do get dust on the objectives and will likely put something in the bottom of the pouch to seal against them when they're not in use.

I have a natural leather chamois wadded up in the bottom of mine.

I carry 2 extra rounds of ammo in the net side pocket.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I hadn't thought about my harness 'til reading this thread. It made me realize how often I get pizzed at my stupid harness. It's good to still be able tp learn things here. I'll probably be sending some funds to Rick Young.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
IC B3

D
djb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
The Rick Young can be adjusted to carry in that position, as well.

The RY harness is all I use...

Thanks for the recommendation Jordan. This site costs me a lot of $$$$$. I checked out the web site and ordered the harness and a cover. I had the package 2 days later. I think I am going to like it.

Like someone mentioned above, I never wear my binos on the outside but usually have fleece or jacket over them to protect them and keep them from snagging.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ordered 3 of the Rick Young Bino Harness for $53.97 shipped. Figure I'll just leave them on my favorite binos.

You ain't about that life.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
AGC here.

B
Bighorn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Just returned from 4 days of pronghorn hunting, using the Rick Young Bino Harness. Wow, what a joy to use! I have mine on my Leica 10x42's, with objective and eyepiece covers.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have a Vortex Guide Binopack (AGC) and I have a Badlands Bino Basics harness. The Badlands harness doesn't offer any protection but it's lightweight and fits well. It works well for my 8x40s but not so much for my 12x50s. The Vortex is nice, lots of space, well protected etc. My only complaint is the straps don't stay as tight/snug as I feel they should.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I only have vision in one eye so how do you think the Rick Young would work on a mono?

Last edited by coyote268; 08/21/17.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SKane
Are you looking for a chest bag/pack or a simple harness?

If the simple harness route, the Rick Young ultralight is superb.
And, no, it does not cut into your shoulders. blush

http://rickyoungoutdoors.com/basic-ultra-light-bino-harness/

Never been a fan of bino bras, but this one is indeed interesting..........I may try it.......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by coyote268
I only have vision in one eye so how do you think the Rick Young would work on a mono?

This doesn't answer the question of how well it would work, but shows how it could work I think.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Just ordered Rick Young's harness

Callin Varmints
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R

[/quote]

Never been a fan of bino bras, but this one is indeed interesting..........I may try it.......

Casey[/quote]

Just do it! I hardly ever carried my binos while hunting until I attached some Rick Youngs. Now they ride along every time.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,831
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.