Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Bighorn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
My old Cabela's bino harness is getting all stretched out and won't stay in adjustment anymore. Plus, I am concerned it may break at anytime now. It's given me years of service, but now I would like to replace it before my next hunt. I use this harness to hold my Leica Geovid 10x42's.

Any recommendations as to a good harness to replace my old one?

Thanks.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you looking for a chest bag/pack or a simple harness?

If the simple harness route, the Rick Young ultralight is superb.
And, no, it does not cut into your shoulders. blush

http://rickyoungoutdoors.com/basic-ultra-light-bino-harness/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Bighorn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
SKane,

Just watched the video. The harness looks like a very good solution to a lot of problems with harnesses. I really like how it shows being able to keep the binocs tight against your body, which would be very useful when crawling into position. I may just have to go for it, but I'll read a few more recommendations first.

thanks!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Multiple carry positions and easily keeping things taut is where it shines. The speed and convenience of getting it on/off doesn't hurt either. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If you want protection for your bino as well as silent open/close and super comfortable carry, this is what I have used for years with perfect satisfaction in dust, sand and snow:

http://badlandspacks.com/camo-binocular-case

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have used the Alaskan Guide harness the past two years. So far it has been the best mousetrap for me. Keeps the bins clean/dry and easily accessible.

https://alaskaguidecreations.com

Last edited by beretzs; 07/30/17.

Semper Fi
V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
Friend of mine has the S4 gear lockdown https://goo.gl/ZMLq3L binocular harness, and thinking to get one as well. I've done some research and this binocular harness seems to have the best quality on the market cool One comment though, for hunting, wild life photo, etc. Make sure to paint in black or dark green all those orange and white markings on the harness. That's the only default I can see shocked

Last edited by Volatil; 07/30/17.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Been using the Rick Young for a couple of years. It gets my vote for a light weight rig.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
Been using the Rick Young for a couple of years. It gets my vote for a light weight rig.

Wait a minute here, I was thinking that I couldn't use one of those as my daypacks are too bulky...but I purchased two US issued three litre Camelbaks last year that would allow use of same.

Has anyone else managed to buy so much odd bits of gear that they are forgetting just what they have?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Wait a minute here, I was thinking that I couldn't use one of those as my daypacks are too bulky...but I purchased two US issued three litre Camelbaks last year that would allow use of same.

Has anyone else managed to buy so much odd bits of gear that they are forgetting just what they have?

Or you buy all this light weight stuff but when yo get it all together it is too heavy to pack. grin..

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My chest harness problem was eating and food falling on the eyepiece lenses.

Then I quit eating carbohydrates and stopped being hungry all the time.

Now I use "MINOX BD Compact 7x28 BR Binoculars Autofocus Flat Field", that have a very short neck strap that keeps them right under my chin.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Clarkm
My chest harness problem was eating and food falling on the eyepiece lenses.

Then I quit eating carbohydrates and stopped being hungry all the time.

Now I use "MINOX BD Compact 7x28 BR Binoculars Autofocus Flat Field", that have a very short neck strap that keeps them right under my chin.

Dude...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kuiu for me

I have 2 and my wife 1

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
[quote=SKane]Are you looking for a chest bag/pack or a simple harness?

+ 1. I loooove my Rick Youngs. Easy to adjust for multiple carry options, super light weight. By far the best I have used for my needs.

B
Bighorn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by remaction
[quote=SKane]Are you looking for a chest bag/pack or a simple harness?

+ 1. I loooove my Rick Youngs. Easy to adjust for multiple carry options, super light weight. By far the best I have used for my needs.

Just ordered the Rick Young ultralight, and tried it out- this looks like a great solution for carrying binos. I hooked it up to my Leica Geovid 10 x 42's, and can't wait to give this setup a workout in a couple of weeks antelope hunting.

SKane, thanks for the tip!

Last edited by Bighorn; 08/06/17.

D
djb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Just to be different you could try a longer bino strap slung to the side under your arm. Basically carried like a purse. I move when hunting and sometimes have to boogie to get into position for a shot. I got sick of binos bouncing off my chest and now carry them off to the side. I think a lot of safari guys carry this way and it works great for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Optic...ative=165953&creativeASIN=B0033JSZSY

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Rick Young can be adjusted to carry in that position, as well.

The RY harness is all I use...

B
Bighorn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
The Rick Young can be adjusted to carry in that position, as well.

The RY harness is all I use...

What I really like about it is the ability to secure your binos so they will absolutely not move- this is going to be very helpful when crawling into position for a shot,

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Something else I have come to appreciate is how compact and out of the way the Rick Young's are when not in use. If you happen to throw your binos in a pack the strap does get tangled with all of your other gear.

Last edited by Blacktailer; 08/09/17.

Jack O'Connor
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Something else I have come to appreciate is how compact and out of the way the Rick Young's are when not in use. If you happen to throw your binos in a pack the strap does get tangled with all of your other gear.

This is true. I can wrap the strap around the bino so it's not catching on things, and I can still operate the bino fine, and fine the works inside the bino case...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (2UP, 44mc, 163bc, 257 mag, 007FJ, 18 invisible), 1,744 guests, and 914 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,239
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.