Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 23 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 22 23
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by battue
Nice Antelope Jeff and congrats. Interesting story on how he came to his end. Personally, I have come to leave those caps off. I have them, but unless I think I'm going to need them they stay off.

Have to agree with Smoke on the bring it on yourself comment. I try to like you and do, but you make it difficult. You want to smoke Dope, your choice, but hunting, shooting and THC are not compatable endeavors. You quote your oxygen benefit. I'll have you another to think about: Half-life.

"What is the half life of THC?

The half life of a drug is the amount of time it takes for measured amounts in the bloodstream or urine to decrease by half. The half life for THC is long, because THC is stored in the body’s fat cells (THC is highly lipid and not easily dissolved in water). Therefore, the blood plasma and urinary half-life of THC are best estimated at 3 – 4 days after ingestion. But depending on the quantity of THC ingested and frequency of use, half life may even extend to 10-12 days after ingestion.

THC levels and habitual use

People who smoke once per week will increase the level of THC in their bodies over time because THC has never been fully eliminated. For these people, the baseline THC levels rise based on metabolism and fat content in the body. Furthermore, people who smoke or eat marijuana 3-5 times a week, have both higher baseline levels of THC in their systems and longer half lives of THC. In other words, regular users of marijuana are continually drug effected. So regular users of marijuana must realize that THC is generally more detectable in their systems than in the bodies of periodic/episodic users of marijuana.

You are a big boy. In your life there is a time to smoke dope and there should also be a time to not. When it comes to firearms, that's how it rolls everywhere.

Again, congrates.

Addition: There was a time, I thought I didn't have a problem with alcohol. I thought I was pretty normal. It wasn't until I quit, that I discovered the truth. FWIW....

I advocate for the substance for a number of reasons, to include stickin' it to the man. It's an aggressive and provocative stance here, to be sure. I suspect you guys would be very very surprised at the number of closeted users, both here and in the world in general. Time to get this out of the closet. PAST time. Guess I'm a activist in that sense. I have just seen far too many positive long-term effects from it to be quiet. As I stated on our exercise thread, I've had the surprising and borderline miraculous mid-life discovery of the higher-CBD edibles and their apparent anti-inflammatory (or something similar) effects. It has been, well, miraculous, in terms of my general pain baseline and how "good" my body feels. And I use my body. While any drug can screw people up, without exception EVERY person I know who's a mid-life or older user is notable for their comparatively high level of baseline athleticism, intellectual curiosity, continuing evolution as a human being, a much higher likelihood of being in successful long-term relationships, and so on. Every one. Does that fly in face, heck PISS in the face of what "the man" has been propagandizing all these decades? Yep, and as a person who had to live under the shade of that propaganda, not to mention the legal jeopordy, for far too long, I take some real joy in pissing in that fat stupid face.

I'm not a heavy user by any means and have not been for several decades, though there was that stretch in college... grin. I am a husband. A father. A tax payer. A business owner. I'm self-employed and work daily on machines that, should they get ahold of me, would render me to splintered bone and blood pudding. I am a stickler about daily sobriety. I NEVER mix intoxicants and firearms, which if we were being honest here, many here can't say (cough DeFlave cough). But in the evening, I'm on my own time. And quite frankly as far as I'm concerned this country would benefit hugely on many different levels if many more adults incorporated this substance into their life in some fashion. We'd be, as a "herd", better, across the board.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it <g>.

It was actually very surprising to me that it was like that up there. *I* was not the instigator of the situations in any of the several cases. I'm not gonna whip it out when talking with a bunch of camo'd up hunters I don't know fer Pete's sake. But they did.

Things are changing fast. If you oppose it, you better get busy. Talk to your lawmakers about cracking down. Petition Jeff Sessions about sending the jack-boots into these [bleep] outlaw states to instill some damn law and order!! Advocate for a heavy federal hand and against state's rights; be a voice against free men acting freely. If that's how you are wired, have at it. I/we have been fighting this battle a very long time. We aren't going anywhere. And you'll just have to excuse a little joyfullness on our part that finally, FINALLY, we can begin the process of approaching this more rationally and further, that the clear benefits might make it through to more people.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Im sorry I just don't like the guy. Lost my power to refrain after 10 pages.

Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by rosco1
This place is something else. 15 years to shoot a piss head, totally [bleep] clueless on how to care for it, but we're told by other clueless [bleep] "it's a nice one".

I know I'm an [bleep], but this place is truly full of Window lickers

Yep, I'm one of the guilty ones, I called it a nice one. Just to congratulate him on a successful hunt more than anything else, I'm no B&C judge nor do I purport to be.

But I see your point, that kind of crap has no place here, much better to just berate him for stuff like going fishing during a hunting trip, and not taking proper care of a piss head.

Jeff O, you're a clueless F*ck. There, now I feel better.

Edited to add for Jeff O, you do know you bring this onto yourself, right? Some are willing to cut you a break but lots aren't and I can see it from their perspective. Regardless of your own opinions, talking about stuff like "trading weed" in camp and creating an epic 30-page thread on a brief pronghorn hunt is not casting you or hunters in general in the best light. "Just my opinion."

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I decided I'm going to go ahead with my original notion to hang the Ol' Piss-Head back in my woods and let nature clean it up. If the horns loosen up I'll deal with that. I'll report back with how that goes. The whole trophyism thing is yet another difference of opinion I have with many here; it's virtually meaningless to me, yet it's THE WHOLE POINT DAMMIT! for some guys. One more reason to get yelled at, I suppose. smile

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I didn't say there were no medical benefits. That is being accepted and on at all levels on a daily basis. What I addressed was the half-life activity of the drug. It's fact. proven repeatedly.

Fight the man, tell us about all the upstanding adult weed smokers your know, etc. I see the kids that come into our ER and you and their stories are often different. A Little bit of weed, a little bit of alcohol. Perhaps barbiturates or amphetamines. Who knows. So don't play the innocent game with those who see some other sides of the cube.

Best feel good drug made is amphetamines. Heck everyone should be able to get it when they want. Ya, some won't be able to handle it, but for the rest that can let them be free men acting freely. HooooRaaaa!!!!

I have nothing against the free man thought. I do have a problem with it when it may hurts mine. Same with motorcycle helmets. Bang your brains out, makes no difference here. But cover your own health insurance to the point the public is never going to have to pay a penny for your care. Then ride free, die young and leave a beautiful body. Whatever.....

Last edited by battue; 08/19/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
There is no shame in politely stating somebody shot a nice buck when they didn't. Lord knows I've been the recipient of similar disingenuous remarks.

However; Jeff O is a fugking idiot. Not because he grows, sells, and smokes weed, and not because he burned 15 years worth of points on a dink. He's an idiot because he's a gun nut that votes in favor of those that oppose guns. I mean, JFC, how low does your IQ have to be to vote against things you are in favor of? And how fugking retarded do you have to be to join a pro-2nd Amendment forum and opine about such things day in and day out and expect to receive anything short of a "fugk you" whenever you start a thread? Then again, based on all the ass sucking and help he receives on a thread with this unprecedented level of retardation, maybe we can begin to understand why this country is in the fugked condition that it is right now.

I know, have hunted, and shared camp, with irfubar and I got news for everyone that hasn't had the pleasure of meeting him. He is the definition of a self-made American entrepreneur and likely accomplished more in his 20's than some dumb fugk, commie lovin', sack of schit like JeffO will with his whole life.

So if he wants to berate that POS excuse for a wall hanger, I'm all for it. Because that's a POS of a wall hanger and animals deserve to die at the hands of better people.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I decided I'm going to go ahead with my original notion to hang the Ol' Piss-Head back in my woods and let nature clean it up. If the horns loosen up I'll deal with that. I'll report back with how that goes. The whole trophyism thing is yet another difference of opinion I have with many here; it's virtually meaningless to me, yet it's THE WHOLE POINT DAMMIT! for some guys. One more reason to get yelled at, I suppose. smile

TRANSLATION:

I'm a lazy fugk.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
SP- we also "traded beer" between the camps. "The horror"!

Hey, it surprised *me* how casual and open about it guys were being; I can certainly see how it'd surprise some of you guys. Who knew it was so prevalent among that demographic? I didn't.

Y'all are grownups. Read what you want. Click threads you want, don't click them if you don't. Don't be so [bleep] snowflakey about it. Jesus. What is this, some kind of "safe space"? crazy

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Congrats on your antelope Jeff_O.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
What is this, some kind of "safe space"? crazy

No. It isn't. That's why we're on here telling you, you're a dumb fugk.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I advocate for the substance for a number of reasons, to include stickin' it to the man.

Will you be taking a knee during the anthem next?

Jeff, your problem is diarrhea of the mouth. Do whatever you like - legal or otherwise, just don't feel compelled to share without a single consideration of the repercussions. (besides stirring the pot)

You're on a gawd-damned gun and hunting forum talking about partaking in substance (that is illegal in the majority of US states) while on a hunting trip.
HTF do you think that's gonna be viewed?

Read more, post less.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Sorry to hear that. It will end poorly, and for no good reason, sadly. Tried to help, but wasted my time.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by irfubar
Regardless it was Jeff's hunt to do as he pleases, but he decided to share it here, therefore we are entitled to comment.

Absolutely, didn't mean to imply otherwise. I will admit up until now I hadn't read many of JeffO's posts, and the more I read, the more I appreciate your perspective. Like battue, I was trying.

Originally Posted by rosco1
Im sorry I just don't like the guy. Lost my power to refrain after 10 pages.

I understand, see above. I guess I just don't like being called a window-licker. Most of us window-lickers object to that.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I advocate for the substance for a number of reasons, to include stickin' it to the man. It's an aggressive and provocative stance here, to be sure. I suspect you guys would be very very surprised at the number of closeted users, both here and in the world in general. Time to get this out of the closet. PAST time. Guess I'm a activist in that sense. I have just seen far too many positive long-term effects from it to be quiet. As I stated on our exercise thread, I've had the surprising and borderline miraculous mid-life discovery of the higher-CBD edibles and their apparent anti-inflammatory (or something similar) effects. It has been, well, miraculous, in terms of my general pain baseline and how "good" my body feels. And I use my body. While any drug can screw people up, without exception EVERY person I know who's a mid-life or older user is notable for their comparatively high level of baseline athleticism, intellectual curiosity, continuing evolution as a human being, a much higher likelihood of being in successful long-term relationships, and so on. Every one. Does that fly in face, heck PISS in the face of what "the man" has been propagandizing all these decades? Yep, and as a person who had to live under the shade of that propaganda, not to mention the legal jeopordy, for far too long, I take some real joy in pissing in that fat stupid face.

I'm not a heavy user by any means and have not been for several decades, though there was that stretch in college... grin. I am a husband. A father. A tax payer. A business owner. I'm self-employed and work daily on machines that, should they get ahold of me, would render me to splintered bone and blood pudding. I am a stickler about daily sobriety. I NEVER mix intoxicants and firearms, which if we were being honest here, many here can't say (cough DeFlave cough). But in the evening, I'm on my own time. And quite frankly as far as I'm concerned this country would benefit hugely on many different levels if many more adults incorporated this substance into their life in some fashion. We'd be, as a "herd", better, across the board.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it <g>.

It was actually very surprising to me that it was like that up there. *I* was not the instigator of the situations in any of the several cases. I'm not gonna whip it out when talking with a bunch of camo'd up hunters I don't know fer Pete's sake. But they did.

Things are changing fast. If you oppose it, you better get busy. Talk to your lawmakers about cracking down. Petition Jeff Sessions about sending the jack-boots into these [bleep] outlaw states to instill some damn law and order!! Advocate for a heavy federal hand and against state's rights; be a voice against free men acting freely. If that's how you are wired, have at it. I/we have been fighting this battle a very long time. We aren't going anywhere. And you'll just have to excuse a little joyfullness on our part that finally, FINALLY, we can begin the process of approaching this more rationally and further, that the clear benefits might make it through to more people.

Where to start. I really don't want to be on this thread any more but since I was one of the guys defending you I feel the need to comment.

First, as far as being an "activist," I consider myself an activist in promoting hunting and trying to get more people into it. And what you're saying here (besides being BullSh**) doesn't help to promote hunting, it does the opposite. I don't really care what someone does or doesn't do in private, it's none of my business. But when you post it here in the context of a hunting trip you make it my business. I volunteer a good amount of time helping people get their hunter education card and hunting licenses. I'm not bragging, just giving you my definition of "activism." Talking about "sticking it to the man" and "taking a provocative stance" on an internet forum with an audience that's not receptive does not make you an activist. It just makes you a sh**-stirrer. And if the citizens of a particular state vote to make it legal, I don't want the feds coming in, never advocated for that so stuff that BS where the sun don't shine.

And your own personal observations on the high-functioning nature of cannabis users are just that--your own observations, backed up with nothing. My observations run counter, including the 30-something dreadlocked grungy white dude I saw passed out on the street Thursday night with a sign that said "Need Funds for Cannabis and Munchies." And the documented steep rise in the need for homeless shelters and services here due to the influx of people who've moved to CO because cannabis is legal. And the guys I saw in college who sat around all day smoking pot and flunked out because they couldn't drag their asses off the couch to go to class.

Like battue noted, there are many legitimate medical uses, not only CBD for pain and conditions like fibromyalgia, but it's also used to treat children who suffer from certain types of seizures. Everyone knows that CBD is an extract that doesn't have the psychoactive ingredient, THC.

But I don't think you were trading CBD up there, were you? Trading weed in hunting camp is a long way from treating someone's chronic pain with CBD, so don't even try to equate the two.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some of you fuggers get waaaayyyyy too wrapped up in Jeff O's posts. But hey.......if it helps ya pass the time.

Cool goat, ya stinky hippie. Lol.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Some of you fuggers get waaaayyyyy too wrapped up in Jeff O's posts.

True, but just giving him what he wants, the more attention the better.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Jeff,

That's a nice buck!

TOM is mistaken about pronghorn meat. It does NOT need aging like deer and elk. Aging breaks down collagen in muscle tissue, through natural enzyme action, but antelope have very little collagen in their meat, even older bucks. The U. of Wyoming's meat-science department with pronghorn meat, called a "shear test," using a sharp blade connected to a pressure gauge. They found that even mature buck antelope have meat as tender as 6-month-old lamb. The only real trick is the get it cooled pretty quickly (it sounds like you did) but it's ready for butchering within 24 hours.

congrats jeff on good animal. bury the head completely in dirt eek

yep there are bigger bucks but he is happy. steens are an awesome place to explore. Nice redband! Shame did not take a fly rod cool

i have shot quite a few antelope but never knew that about their meat and aging. interesting

Last edited by ribka; 08/19/17.
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Ol' Piss Head (thanks for the great name rosco!) is officially in the process of becoming.... whatever. Hopefully a Euro style mount. We'll see what happens. Stinky fugger.

[Linked Image]

I'll update things as the "curing" process unfolds.

Truly appreciate the advice and well-wishes guys. It's was a really fun experience and I can't wait to hunt them again. My buds (not that kind, silly) and I are plotting a trip to Wyoming next year. If the meat is as good as everyone says... this is just a first antelope of many.

Also had a great time hanging with and sharing intel with all the great guys at Page Springs CG. If you stumble across this thread, as you know, the general vibe up there was of sharing and rooting for each other to succeed- it was awesome. Salute!

Thinkin I'll un-sub from this thread now. I have stirred enough pots for one thread. smile

Thanks again guys- haters included- for an entertaining and informative thread. One more episode of As The Campfire Turns. I knew you wouldn't let me down and it's been fun.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
SP, your points are duly noted. Looking back it looks like I aimed my diatribe at you- I hadn't meant to. But consider this. Would you be busting on that if I'd said there was lots of IPA trading up there? Doubt it. In my personal experience in terms of, well, EVERYTHING alcohol is far more damaging than weed. You're a smart and reasonable guy; you see the hypocrisies there. If I'm on the leading edge of opening folks minds on this here then so be it. Getting hated on comes with that territory. I can take it. Anyway, you'll be seeing this behavior in a whole lot more hunting camps. Like it or don't; it's here. As I said it surprised the heck out of me. Camo'd up redneck-lookin dudes kept whilping it out. Weird and a little shocking- that's granted. Also a plain fact and IMHO in the big picture a good thing. Time will tell.

Out.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
If your going to hang the head, skin it first. Never tried hanging, but I know you need to skin, to the bone! Happy Trails!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would of skinned out the head first and gotten rid of as much tissue as possible. Would of run a line through the skull as well.

Bet it won't be long until that horn slips off and a critter drags the rotten thing off.

Never messed with a antelope skull though.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 14 of 23 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

626 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,019 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,245
Posts18,447,972
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.