Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Always prepared but really don't expect it to happen to us do we?

Today I'm driving the dump truck and flatbed trailer to the tire store for some new baloney skins when I roll up to a four way stop and begin to veer into the left turn lane. I see this late model Cadillac coming around me on the left from behind, going into the oncoming lane. He's driving real fast and erratic as he goes around, and I tapped my horn. He immediately flips me the bird and pulls in front of me, between me and the car that was in front of me. Then he hangs out the window, looks back and is yelling some sheit waving his left arm around the whole time. I pretty calmly signaled him to come back and chat when he sped around the car in front of him into the intersection (out of turn and almost running into another rig), burning rubber and gittin. Everyone's looking around going, "Did that just happen?" When he stuck his head back in the window I figured that's it, he's throwing the door open and coming back. I was fully ready for it but it was a shock that it was happening. Thankfully? he sped off.

Text my buddy about it and he says, "Yeah, newer Cadillac, white kid with dark hair?" He'd just seen the same kid blow thru a flagger at road construction because apparently he was tired of waiting. Gravel flying and burnout there too. After hearing that I started shaking. Adrenalin dump I guess. Dude didn't have the gonads to jump out of his car and come play but if he had it would have gotten serious real quick. Probably hopped up on meth.

I had my 38 Super on the seat next to me, never in a million years visualizing that scenario playing out on the way to the tire store, in a dump truck, but it's like I tell my wife, you don't get to choose when it starts, only how it ends if you're lucky, and ready. Really makes a person think how fast life can take a turn. FWI, the town I was in has a population of 30K.

That's probably nothing for alot of you guys, but around here while it's not common, it's not unprecedented. You really need to have the gun handy, and be ready, because it happens fast. Stay safe out there, it seems like the world is going crazy.

LOL
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Write to
Readers Digest drama in real life.
They pay 30 bucks.
Glad you are safe.

Have Dog

Will Travel

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Fireball2
You really need to have the gun handy, and be ready, because it happens fast. Stay safe out there, it seems like the world is going crazy.

Pretty much the situation everywhere because you can't tell when a nut will self-initiate, usually without any action a reasonable person would view as provocative. Situational awareness and appropriate mindset are critical.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Check out this roid rage monkey that got followed after it shot a car. The cheetohead was aperrested and canned from the job.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/08/02/road-rage-suspect-arrested-after-victim-follows-him-to-his-work/

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wageslave
Write to
Readers Digest drama in real life.
They pay 30 bucks.
Glad you are safe.

That's so 1970's. Got an email address?

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by littlecmonkey
Check out this roid rage monkey that got followed after it shot a car. The cheetohead was aperrested and canned from the job.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/08/02/road-rage-suspect-arrested-after-victim-follows-him-to-his-work/

How could any adult male be seen with little girl pigtails??? And so many young whites want to copy their "style."

Shaking my head...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I pretty calmly signaled him to come back and chat .....

Different stroke for different folks, I guess. When I'm carrying in my vehicle (which is 99.9% of the time) I avoid engaging with a-hole drivers if at all possible. Because I don't want to have to shoot the stupid SOB if he gets out of his car and does something stupid. If he gets out of his car on his own that's one thing. But if I ever have to draw my gun and use it, I don't want it on my own conscience or coming from the lips of any witnesses that I did anything to escalate the situation.

But that's just me.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I pretty calmly signaled him to come back and chat

Dude didn't have the gonads to jump out of his car and come play but if he had it would have gotten serious real quick.

I had my 38 Super on the seat next to me, never in a million years visualizing that scenario playing out on the way to the tire store

you don't get to choose when it starts, only how it ends if you're lucky, and ready.

You really need to have the gun handy, and be ready, because it happens fast.

Actually you're lucky it wasn't testimony in court, you'd have been going away. He was a schmuck, but you called him back to you...you were instigating the issue. You do get to choose sometimes, you made your choice to draw him into your comfort zone.

No I'm not picking at you Fireballz, that's how I see it...good to hear you didn't get hurt.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, pretty knee jerk reaction I'll admit. Guess my BS meter was pegged and didn't feel the need to take crap off a punk. I'm not responsible for his actions, only mine. He gets out and comes back to wail on me that's all on him. Glad it didn't go down that way but it's on him not me.

*If you ever stand in front of a judge that's one of the lessons he's eager to teach you. Don't ask me how I know. blush

Last edited by Fireball2; 08/03/17.

LOL
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
This ∆. If I'm going to take a human life, I damn well want to make sure I had no choice and that I did nothing to create the situation that forced it to happen. If I'm going to shoot someone, it's damn sure going to be for last ditch self defense, or mountain justice.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
This ∆. If I'm going to take a human life, I damn well want to make sure I had no choice and that I did nothing to create the situation that forced it to happen. If I'm going to shoot someone, it's damn sure going to be for last ditch self defense, or mountain justice.

That was my point, here your life has to be threatened...let's say that meth head wasn't armed, and you shoot him in front of 5 witnesses because he "MIGHT" beat your azz after you called him back to talk ?....chiiit, you've got real problems

We've all been in similar situations, but as legally armed citizens make sure your gut tells you to shoot...not your ego or adrenaline.

Glad it worked out Fireballz, hope he got arrested down the street & the police kicked his butt while throwing him in the car.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

We've all been in similar situations, but as legally armed citizens make sure your gut tells you to shoot...not your ego or adrenaline.

Hanging head. Yep, you're right.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Always prepared but really don't expect it to happen to us do we?

Today I'm driving the dump truck and flatbed trailer to the tire store for some new baloney skins when I roll up to a four way stop and begin to veer into the left turn lane. I see this late model Cadillac coming around me on the left from behind, going into the oncoming lane. He's driving real fast and erratic as he goes around, and I tapped my horn. He immediately flips me the bird and pulls in front of me, between me and the car that was in front of me. Then he hangs out the window, looks back and is yelling some sheit waving his left arm around the whole time. I pretty calmly signaled him to come back and chat when he sped around the car in front of him into the intersection (out of turn and almost running into another rig), burning rubber and gittin. Everyone's looking around going, "Did that just happen?" When he stuck his head back in the window I figured that's it, he's throwing the door open and coming back. I was fully ready for it but it was a shock that it was happening. Thankfully? he sped off.

Text my buddy about it and he says, "Yeah, newer Cadillac, white kid with dark hair?" He'd just seen the same kid blow thru a flagger at road construction because apparently he was tired of waiting. Gravel flying and burnout there too. After hearing that I started shaking. Adrenalin dump I guess. Dude didn't have the gonads to jump out of his car and come play but if he had it would have gotten serious real quick. Probably hopped up on meth.

I had my 38 Super on the seat next to me, never in a million years visualizing that scenario playing out on the way to the tire store, in a dump truck, but it's like I tell my wife, you don't get to choose when it starts, only how it ends if you're lucky, and ready. Really makes a person think how fast life can take a turn. FWI, the town I was in has a population of 30K.

That's probably nothing for alot of you guys, but around here while it's not common, it's not unprecedented. You really need to have the gun handy, and be ready, because it happens fast. Stay safe out there, it seems like the world is going crazy.

A random kid erratically passes your landscaping rig clad in balding tires. He flips you an animated bird and extends other disrespectful gestures in response to your protesting horn honk. So, you attempt to draw him out of his vehicle and into an escalated engagement while a handgun lays on the seat next to you.

Now you're here documenting this on the internet.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad you arre all right. For me, it would have been very different. I CAN'T carry while working, both because the boss is a liberal and because we work in so many "gun free zones". The law is changing here, but as of now, any "prominently displayed gun free zone" has force of law. It is not what I hear "if I get caught, they ask me to leave, and no harm no foul. " here I could end up in court.
In the same day, I may go to a daycare, a court building, a prison, and a school, or I may never see any of those for a week. So during working hours, it is improvised weapons only. CCW after hours.
Side note: my work truck was broken intro last night. Wish I would have heard it, because they stole all the power tools. Corded and cordless.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
What exactly happens fast?

Because all I read about is a guy yelling at you. Hardly an event.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
You should see West Texas when oil prices are down and you try to pass some white guy headed down a two lane road while hes poking and moping along toward his $400,000 home while driving his supercharged national car of Texas pos f250 he doesnt know how hes going to make the next payment on while keeping the country club membership for his tennis playing trophy wife whos playing with the local pro on the side and watch him go apechitt tryining to run your ass off the road until you show him your Kimber.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Damn, that was you trying to pass??

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
You should see West Texas when oil prices are down and you try to pass some white guy headed down a two lane road while hes poking and moping along toward his $400,000 home while driving his supercharged national car of Texas pos f250 he doesnt know how hes going to make the next payment on while keeping the country club membership for his tennis playing trophy wife whos playing with the local pro on the side and watch him go apechitt tryining to run your ass off the road until you show him your Kimber.

I didn't figure Texans would pay any mind to a 38 Super.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Waving the guy back is a real good way to get yourself a black eye, and ya can't go shooting folks because they hit ya with a fist, especially when you initiated the confrontation.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I got honked at in the big town to the west. I swung around and was ready to fight!

It was my folks. I let them off with a warning.

I am MAGA.
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,941 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,704
Posts18,456,820
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.