Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
That's the reason I went back to a crew cut. Put the #2 guard on it and go to town. Leaves it about 1/4" long and is good for about three weeks before it starts to touch my ears.

Ed

It sounds like your ears are the problem.

laugh

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I only get two hair cuts a year, used to go a couple years between hair cuts. I decided the budget could handle two per year.

Never did mind having long hair. Its funny how much wind noise gets cut out having long hair though.

For a couple days after a hair cut all I can hear is the wind whistling past my head. I am pert near deaf for a while afterwards. Its actually kind of nice for a while. I guess she is probably nagging at me, I just cant hear it.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

I'm sure I'll feel differently come winter but for now I'm pretty content being able to comb my hair with a washcloth. smile

In the winter that short hair will hold your beanie on like velcro.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
We're having some miserable heat right now so when I went in for a haircut today I told my barber "with this heat if you have any hair at all it's too much" so he put the shortest fixture he had on his clippers and proceeded to give me a buzz cut.
It's so short I can just barely get hold of it and it's friggin awesome!!!!!
I feel like I'm eight years old again and I just got my annual "butch" haircut.
I'm sure I'll feel differently come winter but for now I'm pretty content being able to comb my hair with a washcloth. smile

When I was working in Kazakhstan the company supplied a "barber". Mine was a knockout little Russian girl that spoke nil English. I normally run a #4 on the sides and back with a scissor cut for the rest. Well somehow we confused things (metric?) as I walked out leaner than desired, the "butch". A few days later I was more than pleased. A few weeks later, back home from my 28 day run, my wife said "what the [bleep]", she always like my beard and wanted more hair apparently....

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

For a couple days after a hair cut all I can hear is the wind whistling past through my head. I am pert near deaf for a while afterwards.

You just can't leave a setup like that.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That's the reason I went back to a crew cut. Put the #2 guard on it and go to town. Leaves it about 1/4" long and is good for about three weeks before it starts to touch my ears.

Ed

Same here, so I do not have to use a comb and I am too damn miserable to spend money getting someone else to cut it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I did that last summer!

Looked like the opening scene from Full Metal Jacket. laugh

No guard. Just clipped it all off.

Wifey tells me I won't be doing that again... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
Got the 1/2" buzz a while back, my wife said, "Perfect! Now we can play escaped convict & the wardens' wife!"

Damn the luck!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1minute
Get ready for a sunburn.

I've got a hat in every vehicle and never leave the house without a cover. Them head burns is aweful!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have worn a bald head or buzz cut for many years. Full beard, 'no' hair. I cut my hair at home. Don't need a barber for a buzz cut.

Sam......

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
You pay somebody to cut your hair? Huh! I've cut my own for longer than I can remember. Paid for a lot of new guns that way. About one every couple of years, I'd guess.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1 on the sides 4 on top. Blend the line. Feels like walking out of the shower after being in the woods without one for a several days. Ahhhhhhh!

My wife is my barber and she consistently complains when she cuts it. Her agenda is to get me to goto a real barber. Just can't do it cuz I'm too damned cheap and she does a pretty good job.

Everything that applies to hairstyles seems easier when your ears are lowered.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RickyD
You pay somebody to cut your hair? Huh! I've cut my own for longer than I can remember. Paid for a lot of new guns that way. About one every couple of years, I'd guess.

You got that right!

My wife spends $200 plus tip to have hers cut. Several times a year. Makes for some leverage, though, when it comes time to buy some guns or gear.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
#3 all over. Wife cleans up the neck. I save $20/month that way.

Once I get good and bald I think I'll use my ear hair and do a combover. Tie it in a nice little bow on top and call it good.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I enjoy getting a haircut from the young girls at town. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Self inflicted 1/8" buzz for me since 2006. Some of you fellas are slow to catch on?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
While it sounds counterintuitive, I buzz it right before hunting season. When I'm packing a load I want to cool as best I can and if I have no access to a shower for a day or ten, a baby wipe cleans my skull and hair right up. Various headgear goes on when I chill. Love it...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by milespatton
I enjoy getting a haircut from the young girls at town. miles

I've cut my own hair for over 20 years now.

But, now that you mention it, I had a couple of beautiful hair dressers that would rub boobies all over me when cutting my hair... smile

Accidentally, I'm sure.... laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kingston

Ed

It sounds like your ears are the problem.

You know, I hadn't thought about that! Maybe I really should get my ears lowered! laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Winter is coming quick now.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 3,163 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,335
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.