Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by watch4bear
BTW, what's the status of PFDs this year?

[Linked Image]

Instant classic!

What will he expect after his first term? Like Zero said, he will have more flexibility in his second term...

Will Begich run? Would he be worse than Walker?

I'd like Walker's flexibility to be in the private sector but don't trust Marky.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hard to say which is worse... I hate both of them!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Think Dunleavy.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Not sure it's related but my observations lead me to believe creating welfare status is not conducive to good citizenship. Ymmv

I would say you're very probably onto something, and some might not agree, but I seriously doubt they'd get different mileage.

First person charity can be a very good thing....both ways. Third-person (gov't) charity is worse than nothing, and not even close to biblical or any other sage-sourced suggestion.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Gotta do sumpin.....

...even if it's wrong.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Utqiaġvik, formerly known as Barrow

WTH?

And you thought it was only a Minnesota thing. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't mean this to be in any way offensive but I find it ironic that the people that are considered to blame for the problems in bush Alaska (white people / government) are also the same group that is claiming they can help the bush with government programs.

I also think that the most effective way for the bush to deal with their issues is to say, no thank you (white people / government) we can't handle any more of your "help" we're going to take care of our problems ourselves.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I don't mean this to be in any way offensive but I find it ironic that the people that are considered to blame for the problems in bush Alaska (white people / government) are also the same group that is claiming they can help the bush with government programs.

I also think that the most effective way for the bush to deal with their issues is to say, no thank you (white people / government) we can't handle any more of your "help" we're going to take care of our problems ourselves.

Yep, no shortage of irony there. Nor has history left any of that which is Alaska untouched when doling out irony. Plenty of good intentions, and not only in Alaska, which have been any and everything but good. Perhaps it's not surprising that so many people prefer not to see things in their 'big picture' realities. Perhaps some denial at work there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Somewhere I have pics of a rather crazy carnage I discovered as I tracked wolves in a fresh skiff of snow. A 'conspiracy' of a certain black bird species had me wondering what was over a gentle rise. 12-20 dead caribou, many skinned only for their hindquarters, and left in piles, along with a few yellow and green 223 and 243 'husks' were all I found. My 'evidence' never took wing in the media. (What legitimate, concerned hunters think - regardless of ethnicity- doesn't seem to hold the same weight as what the "gotcha" gang does.)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a damn shame that on both sides the politics and racial issues come to the forefront vs. game management being handled as an Alaskan issue. Sadly I don't see that ever changing.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 3,055 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,698
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.