OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Let's see what it does to you and your buddies. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

BP-B2

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Got some setters. But around here it is August.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Sept 1 here, until mid Nov.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sept 1 here, way too hot now anyhow. bear season's open tho.

LOL
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
I meant being august, can't hunt. September 15th opens in UP.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pheasant and grouse hunting is awesome.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What it does?

It leaves me perpetually broke because of vet bills, dog feed and purchases in search of the Holy Grail.

My wife asked me the other day why I bought yet another shotgun? I answered, "it's perfect birdgun!" whilst walking in the house with a LNIB 1968 20 gauge Superposed under my arms. [I didn't bother to mention it cost me less than her last automobile accident. ;)]

Most of the time I shoot holes in the air but once in a blue moon when all my aging synapses function and fire just perfectly I managed to knock over a mature drummer who tries to fly his practiced "S" pattern down a overgrown logging road. Then I make my way back to the old pickup truck at the end of the lane with my head held high knowing that for a moment I walk among the immortals and demigods with my prize heavy in my game-vest.

And then of course theere is a reality check and the dog demands to know why we are stopping to commemorate the moment with photos:

[Linked Image]

"Rhetoric is no substitute for reality." -Thomas Sowell
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That's cheating, Alamosa. grin

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by olgrouser
What it does?

It leaves me perpetually broke because of vet bills, dog feed and purchases in search of the Holy Grail.

My wife asked me the other day why I bought yet another shotgun? I answered, "it's perfect birdgun!" whilst walking in the house with a LNIB 1968 20 gauge Superposed under my arms. [I didn't bother to mention it cost me less than her last automobile accident. ;)]

Most of the time I shoot holes in the air but once in a blue moon when all my aging synapses function and fire just perfectly I managed to knock over a mature drummer who tries to fly his practiced "S" pattern down a overgrown logging road. Then I make my way back to the old pickup truck at the end of the lane with my head held high knowing that for a moment I walk among the immortals and demigods with my prize heavy in my game-vest.

And then of course theere is a reality check and the dog demands to know why we are stopping to commemorate the moment with photos:

[Linked Image]

Your Springer is wondering WTH you're stopping to shoot him! Heck, Dad, there's birds everywhere, and you're fooling with a nasty smelling clicker thingy. Dogs know...we don't have a clue.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The nasty smelly things that may have interested my dog could have been bear bait laid out by other hunters IIRC.

"Rhetoric is no substitute for reality." -Thomas Sowell
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ms. Scarlet was my once-in-a-lifetime wondergrouser and best companion.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by luv2safari; 08/13/17.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

[Linked Image]

Nice Springer. I had his twin.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It IS a great looking Springer, for sure. I love that varmity eye. Dogs with it are goers!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Ms. Scarlet was my once-in-a-lifetime wondergrouser and best companion.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

There's a lot of happiness in those photos.

I'm smiling here.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Duffy had the same bulky Bull Springer body, wild hair, almost identical face marking and the same intense eyes. His flush was a wild rush to the source.

Last edited by battue; 08/14/17.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Wears out a vehicle early, fills the house full of Dog hair, gives a reason to buy new shotguns, fills the heart full of hope, hard on the knees, roasts you on some days and freezes you on others, makes "Normal" people wonder about you, good for falling asleep quickly, etc, etc, etc.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by battue; 08/15/17.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
There are some beautiful pictures on this thread. I will have to wait until I retire and move out of state before I can partake in that again.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
What it does?

[Linked Image]

You sir missed your calling, should have been a poet or dare I saw an outdoor writer. Excellent synopsis of grousing.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
Wears out a vehicle early, fills the house full of Dog hair, gives a reason to buy new shotguns, fills the heart full of hope, hard on the knees, roasts you on some days and freezes you on others, makes "Normal" people wonder about you, good for falling asleep quickly, etc, etc, etc.

[Linked Image]

Looks like a keeper to me. wink

cool cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
720 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 76 invisible), 2,692 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,683
Posts18,399,735
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.