Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Originally Posted by huntsman22

Interesting idea but way overpriced for the amount I'd use it.
The wheel's too big. The higher the load, the more work it is to keep it upright. It's mainly a wheelbarrow with a 16" wheel. A wheelbarrow with a 12" wheel will be a lot easier to control. The handlebars on the Packwheel are at about the same height as the top of the wheel so you have no leverage to keep it upright. You have to muscle it.

Translation:

I've never used one.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
BP-B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You need to hunt closer to a road.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fortunately, my current spot only requires at most about a 150 yard drag to the waiting Buick.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
www.atvbackpackercart.com

Love mine! Have used it for camp hauling duties, game, firewood, feeder deployment, etc.

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too pricey and cannot be used in wilderness areas.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best I have, is a 2500 Dodge. \Works great. (g)

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Hawk crawler deer cart.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Interesting idea but way overpriced for the amount I'd use it.
The wheel's too big. The higher the load, the more work it is to keep it upright. It's mainly a wheelbarrow with a 16" wheel. A wheelbarrow with a 12" wheel will be a lot easier to control. The handlebars on the Packwheel are at about the same height as the top of the wheel so you have no leverage to keep it upright. You have to muscle it.

yeah it's pricey... but there are guys that drop that much on backpacks.... and the load hangs down on the sides, not up on top. And the wheel ain't 16", it is 20" to 36". The bigger the wheel, the easier to roll and go over obstacles. and those handle bars don't need to use your back like with a wheelybarrow, and way less 'muscle' needed....

Well, if it's easier than a good wheelbarrow then it's pretty damn easy. We used wheelbarrows every year back east to haul our gear in about 3 miles and then haul deer out whole. We could do two at a time. So don't overlook a good old-fashioned wheelbarrow with an inflatable tire. The bigger wheel on the packwheel would definitely come in handy if you have a lot of rocks or logs to roll over though.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

https://d3axvdqkyu09xk.cloudfront.net/attachments/img_20151005_164158108-jpg.45975/
I built my own. These use wheelchair wheels, and I still have another pair.... wink

Last edited by kellory; 08/12/17.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Tom264,

As several people have mentioned, game carts with side-by-side wheels (like the Hawk Crawler) are useless on narrow mountainside trails.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I know.
Just throwing options out there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Game tote. After trying and busting the cabela's cart years ago miles in the woods, I wanted something robust and single wheel.

http://gametote.com/

This cart has been bullet proof and we've used on many game animals. Including 2 elk in it once (quartered up) several times.

Furthest extraction has been 6 miles in the woods.... Over , under, thru several precarious spots and difficult trails. The game tote does require 2 guys in order for it to be used without difficulty.

If I were to buy another one game tote would still be my choice.

The pack wheel seems interesting if you are hunting alone, but the game tote can haul an entire bull elk out in one trip...WHOLE. Also I'd be worried about overloading the packwheel's tiny mountain bike tire. You ever tried fixing a flat in the woods? No thanks.

I had my game tote motorcycle wheel permanently Micro-Cellular Polyurethane Foam Filled. Impossible to get a flat.

Game tote uses a motorcycle wheel and brakes. Solid construction- you absolutely cannot break it by overloading it. You are limited only by your physical ability to push it up a hill with a load.

Last edited by 17_wizzer; 08/16/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Won a two wheeled cart in a raffle. In easy terrain it might be fine if a person is around 5 ft tall. Tried it for a few chores around the house and at 6' 4" my back would be toast in five minutes. Handles on both ends need to be about a foot longer. Looks like I'll stick to the pack frames.

Whatever, don't purchase one with a laying on of the hands.

Last edited by 1minute; 08/18/17.

1Minute
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Has anyone tried this cargo cart combo?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Uriah-Car-Go-Cart/1938280.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D734095080%26CQ_search%3Dgame%2Bcart

Looks like it would be more useful as an ice chest hauler than for game. Most places I hunt if a cart would work we can usually get there by 4 wheeler. This is on private land so no restrictions.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Fortunately, my current spot only requires at most about a 150 yard drag to the waiting Buick.

My father always told me "Never shoot a deer unless you can drive right to it". This as usually after he helped me drag one out of a draw or deep ditch, lol, but he hunted Missouri farm ground, where you can almost always get a pickup or tractor (or ATV, UTV, whatever) back to where the deer tipped over.

Dad was pretty canny, all things considered, but that's "location specific" advice, and won't work out West in the mountains, or here in Kentucky, usually.

My take on this is, "Never shoot a deer if you can't get your big, hulking nephew with the strong back to help you get it out". d:^)

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
A pole, takes two people. Used them in west Texas a lot.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
If you are in an area with heavy low growth, try to find or refit a cart with solid no-spoke wheels. A friend using a spoke wheel cart in NE Wisconsin said it was worthless in blueberry country. The spokes caught on everything.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
If you are in an area with heavy low growth, try to find, or refit a cart, with solid no-spoke wheels. A friend using a spoke wheel cart in Wisconsin said it was worthless in blueberry type country. The spokes caught on everything and the cart was useless.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Bought a lift that goes into standard trailer receiver. But you have to be able to get 4wheeler or sxs too. I also have a viking sled, American made. Ottersleds are made in China.

I don't do anything, that I have to depend on another person.

Last edited by Zerk; 08/29/17.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Zerk
Bought a lift that goes into standard trailer receiver. But you have to be able to get 4wheeler or sxs too. I also have a viking sled, American made. Ottersleds are made in China.

I don't do anything, that I have to depend on another person.

In your case that's probably a good idea. Doubt you can find anyone to put up with your stupidasss.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
198 members (300jimmy, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 01Foreman400, 18 invisible), 1,548 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,911
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.