Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I know but can't remember some of the gunsmiths here on the board. Looking to have a 6x45 built for a coyote gun on a 700 action. Any suggestions- thanks in advance John

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Where are you located?

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Oregon. John

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
PacNor did mine on a Rem 600 about 15 yrs ago it is a tack driver. I used it for coyotes for a number of years, 55gr Blitz kings and 55gr NBTs, now I'm shooting 58gr V-max and 55gr NBT Lead Frees. Now most of my coyote hunting is done with a 22-204(222 Rem Mag Improved) and a 6mm-204(6x47 Rem Improved) and I save the 6x45 for matches.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I used Ryan at Diablo Customs for a 6mm CM and he did an outstanding job. He posts here occasionally.

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I know. Ryan built a 22-250. Took a little longer than planned, but no complaints other than that.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Jon Beanland down in Oklahoma is a hell of a good riflesmith. He should be able to twist up an excellent 6x47 for you...

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Ok, thank you. Will look him up. Beanland custom if I remember right.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Just Google Jon Beanland Custom Rifles..Probably best to shoot him.and email intitially with your build specs....

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by peeshooter
I used Ryan at Diablo Customs for a 6mm CM and he did an outstanding job. He posts here occasionally.

Just curious when he did this for you? Had him do a 6CM rebarrel end of last summer. Took about 6 weeks and had some barrel/stock issues and it sent back. He sold barrel and was ordering me the barrel I had originally wanted. Worked out the details and was going to get him to bed the rifle. Said it would take about 8-10 weeks. This was in November. He will not respond to PMs, email, answer the phone, or respond to voicemails. Hell, I even sent him a letter a month ago asking him to call me. No response yet. I understand he could be busy so every 4-6 weeks I would send him a PM or email. Stopped responding back in the spring. Up to that point it was allways the barrel was to be in anyday. At first everything was fine. Prompt responses to PMs. Even talked on the phone when I sent the rifle back. Now nothing.

Sorry for the rant been needing to get this off my chest for awhile. Just don't know what else to do.

Rick Grimes for Governor
"This isn't a democracy anymore"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It's simply mind blowing how business owners operate these days....

And I am one....Absolutely mind blowing.....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
John,

If you are looking for a custom gun, the best here in the Rogue Valley would be Kevin Wyatt...

but he does custom guns now, not just general gunsmithing work...

Tom Hart her locally does some good work also...

Did you ever talk with Mark Skaggs out there in the Applegate?

He would install A Pac Nor Barrel if you ordered one.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
John,

Got it taken care of. Rifle left today for Jon Beanland.

How you doing?

John

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by SWGAShooter
Originally Posted by peeshooter

Just curious when he did this for you? Had him do a 6CM rebarrel end of last summer. Took about 6 weeks and had some barrel/stock issues and it sent back. He sold barrel and was ordering me the barrel I had originally wanted. Worked out the details and was going to get him to bed the rifle. Said it would take about 8-10 weeks. This was in November. He will not respond to PMs, email, answer the phone, or respond to voicemails. Hell, I even sent him a letter a month ago asking him to call me. No response yet. I understand he could be busy so every 4-6 weeks I would send him a PM or email. Stopped responding back in the spring. Up to that point it was allways the barrel was to be in anyday. At first everything was fine. Prompt responses to PMs. Even talked on the phone when I sent the rifle back. Now nothing.

Sorry for the rant been needing to get this off my chest for awhile. Just don't know what else to do.

I sent him parts in May last year, took 3 months but I have a one-holer.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
So John, what brand /spec barrel is Beanland going to install on the rifle?

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Jared Joplin at American Prec. Arms also builds a nice rifle. Hopefully, no bad reviews like Diablo.

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
A # 3 brux 6mm 1-8 twist. Cerracoted black or dark gray. Going into a Mcmillian stock Black/Gray marble. Should finish out at 24". Pretty much put together from stuff I bought here on the fire. Just got the NXS 2.5 x 10 for the optics. Going to be a coyote gun for calling. I need to stay away from the classifieds!! John

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Just pulled my LondRiflsInc. 6x45 out of the box today. Damn thing looks like a perfect work of art but cannot yet speak to how it shoots. 8 Twist Proof 22" Sendero. Thought I'd try something different when Stocky had a Christmas Special on Proof Barrels and the CAT700 stocks from AG composites. Have to open up the lug recess tonight and will weight things out.

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
I'm planning a 6x45 build soon, that'll fill the same role, calling rifle/med-long range steel puncher. What bullets are yall planning on using and how much free bore do you go with?

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

674 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 3,106 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,710
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.