Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Did I say you were wrong? Little sensitive.

I like plumb Bob idea.

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Zerk

I like plumb Bob idea.

Yes, as a matter of fact you did. If I were sensitive I would have reacted long before now. I wanted to see how many people you would refuse to believe even though they were right, as am I.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Good idea about plumb bob. But intellectual incest on the scope alignment rods. I have to think some of you really know, but its is just the emporors clothes or just lying for a butt buddy. Loyalty above all else, except honor.

Seeing your location says working way back to TX. Explains alot. Most arrogant people out there. Funny cause they pretend to be free, but so many laws and regulations. Plus biblical heat. So know it is making sense.

But you have left TX, so you shouldn't be as dumb as the average Texan.

Last edited by Zerk; 08/15/17.
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

I like plumb Bob idea.

Yes, as a matter of fact you did. If I were sensitive I would have reacted long before now. I wanted to see how many people you would refuse to believe even though they were right, as am I.

So me saying either way will work, and that the industry standard works, has offended you? Lets just pin point this.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Good idea about plumb bob. But intellectual incest on the scope alignment rods. I have to think some of you really know, but its is just the emporors clothes or just lying for a butt buddy. Loyalty above all else, except honor.

Seeing your location says working way back to TX. Explains alot. Most arrogant people out there. Funny cause they pretend to be free, but so many laws and regulations. Plus biblical heat. So know it is making sense.

The more you say, the more obvious your dumbassery is as well. You're doing good!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Don't mess with Texas.

DF

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider

The more you say, the more obvious your dumbassery is as well. You're doing good!

No kidding...

Semper Fi
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
I just don't like Texans, or people from CA, trolls, french canadians. I am iffy on anyone from the coasts.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I just don't like Texans, or people from CA, trolls, french canadians. I am iffy on anyone from the coasts.

Yikes,,,

Troll phobia... shocked

You better tape up yo mirrors... wink

DF

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Zerk,

Unfortunately, anybody can see what you posted on this before this point, so your latest post: "So me saying either way will work, and that the industry standard works, has offended you?" doesn't quite cut it.

The following quotes are copied and pasted from your first 5 posts on this thread:

Post 1: "Why are alignment rods in backwards?"

Post 2: "Not sure if I buy this or not. I suppose you could say both large cylinders must line flag against each other. But I am not sure how that would not be happening with the points, and easier to see. Why do you think they come with points? Sinclair's don't even have flat spots."

Post 3: "I simply asked for an article, and if there was something new to learn. As I wrote I googled this to see if I was doing it wrong. Read Brownells, NRA, and Sinclair, plus others. My guess is they are not improved reading."

Post 4: "I asked for an article, not some guys opinion on a forum. You google how to use scope alignment rods, it doesn't agree. Maybe there is some new way to do it. Maybe either is as good as the other, Maybe doing both would be best. But bringing two halves to fine point, seems pretty good. The axis of the rod and gun will align with the point. Which is the point of the whole thing."

Post 5: Agreed. I said you could use both.

My comment: NO YOU DIDN’T. In Post 4 you wrote "Maybe doing both would be best." That is far from saying "you could use both."

I usually don't get involved anymore in such sheer stubborn stupidity on the Campfire, but you're an entertaining exception. Congratulations, you may even exceed the irrational trolling of the legendary Lee24.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
its going to be hard to get me to budge off the industry standard, and that the points won't work. The idea that the tips can meet at any more than one point, and be lined up is just BS. You can debate which is easier to see. I use a magnfying glass.

But you are right I am stuborn on this. Next time I will try both out of curosity. But doubt I am going to say Brownells and NRA are wrong.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I use a magnfying glass.

Unbelievable.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
its going to be hard to get me to budge off the industry standard, and that the points won't work. The idea that the tips can meet at any more than one point, and be lined up is just BS. You can debate which is easier to see. I use a magnfying glass.

But you are right I am stuborn on this. Next time I will try both out of curosity. But doubt I am going to say Brownells and NRA are wrong.

Did you see the pie chart posted earlier? All of the lines that denote the edges of the slices meet at one point. Now remove all of the slices except the blue one at 9:00 and the green one at 5:00. They still meet at one point, yet their centerlines are not collinear. Spinning each slice around it's centerline generates two cones, touching at one point, having non-collinear centerlines.

Weren't you a bit stubborn about learning that BC and not bullet weight is the deal with respect to wind drift?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mathman

Weren't you a bit stubborn about learning that BC and not bullet weight is the deal with respect to wind drift?

You may be a good mathman, but your word choice is not very precise. Substitute "ignorant" for stubborn, and delete "a bit."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Just keeping it light, too many folks wanting to bolt because of the harshness of the campfire tone these days. grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sorry, you're right. We don't want another valuable contributor like Zerk to leave.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by smokepole
Sorry, you're right. We don't want another valuable contributor like Zerk to leave.

Are you making fun of my magnanimity?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Now you're talking, there's hope for you yet.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by mathman

Did you see the pie chart posted earlier? All of the lines that denote the edges of the slices meet at one point. Now remove all of the slices except the blue one at 9:00 and the green one at 5:00. They still meet at one point, yet their centerlines are not collinear. Spinning each slice around it's centerline generates two cones, touching at one point, having non-collinear centerlines.

I ran bullet calculator on 3 different BCs, and sa the difference. The heavy flat bullet drifter more than I thought it would. But heavier one with with similar BC, drifted less that lighter one.

If the axis are not lined up, they are not touching tip to tip, but tip, and side of tip.

Maybe one way is easier to see, I will take look next time, as I wrote a few times. But if they are line up tip to tip, and you look close with a glass that makes things look bigger, than they are lined up. I am going to use the instructions. You use what ever you like.

Last edited by Zerk; 08/17/17.
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by kingston
I use a magnfying glass.

Unbelievable.

It has to do with how the glass is shaped.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (222Sako, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,455
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.