-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
OP Offline
W
All, for the record, I had previously pathetically whined about a problem in dealing with Robert Gradous (Georgia) in getting a build completed. I have just returned from his superbly-equipped shop where, at his invitation, I witnessed - and participated in - the 300 Winchester Magnum build from: CNC threading of the barrel end for a brake, a special time-consuming 1-hour special setup for 12-fluting of the barrel after I saw the magnificent work done by his shop, barrel polishing, intensive grit-blasting of the action and barrel to a frosty-white color, custom cerakoting, joining of action and barrel, bolt assembly, minute attention to detail in cutting the bolt clearance in the Accuracy International stock, a full half hour just to enhance the magazine feeding, using his pre-sighted Nightforce Competition scope to test-fire with factory ammunition, hand-loading of rounds to test-fire and get a 3/8th-inch group at 100-yards from a non-broke-in barrel. I came away with a complete respect for Robert, his staff, and most importantly his shop, equipment and attention to detail. I also had a full day to discuss specifications for my next build - a 300 Norma Magnum. Robert definitely deserves your business and your next build deserves his special attention to detail. You just have to be patient throughout the process and respect the simple fact that I observed: i.e., three very busy superb gunsmiths cannot be on the phone if rifles are to be built! For the record, I paid full price and received zero compensation of any kind and merely wish to set the matter to rights.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by WilliamWeddendorf
All, for the record, I had previously pathetically whined about a problem in dealing with Robert Gradous (Georgia) in getting a build completed.

This is your first post.

Why are you telling us this on a place you have never posted previously?

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
All, for the record, I had previously pathetically whined about a problem in dealing with Robert Gradous (Georgia) in getting a build completed. I have just returned from his superbly-equipped shop where, at his invitation, I witnessed - and participated in - the 300 Winchester Magnum build from: CNC threading of the barrel end for a brake, a special time-consuming 1-hour special setup for 12-fluting of the barrel after I saw the magnificent work done by his shop, barrel polishing, intensive grit-blasting of the action and barrel to a frosty-white color, custom cerakoting, joining of action and barrel, bolt assembly, minute attention to detail in cutting the bolt clearance in the Accuracy International stock, a full half hour just to enhance the magazine feeding, using his pre-sighted Nightforce Competition scope to test-fire with factory ammunition, hand-loading of rounds to test-fire and get a 3/8th-inch group at 100-yards from a non-broke-in barrel. I came away with a complete respect for Robert, his staff, and most importantly his shop, equipment and attention to detail. I also had a full day to discuss specifications for my next build - a 300 Norma Magnum. Robert definitely deserves your business and your next build deserves his special attention to detail. You just have to be patient throughout the process and respect the simple fact that I observed: i.e., three very busy superb gunsmiths cannot be on the phone if rifles are to be built! For the record, I paid full price and received zero compensation of any kind and merely wish to set the matter to rights.

So what does an un-broke-in barrel have to do with accuracy? Nothing against Robert, but I'm kinda like boliep.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Things that make you go...Hmmm???

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Compelling.

Shame he didn't cut the price a few dollars so you could buy a [bleep] paragraph break.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Compelling.

Shame he didn't cut the price a few dollars so you could buy a [bleep] paragraph break.

Amen and LOL. I didn't even bother to read that drivel. Too bad the dumbass doesn't know how to search for the Gradous thread and tack this onto that. But I still wouldn't read it.

Last edited by 257heaven; 08/03/17.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
That's awesome, he'll get ALL my business! Borden Ti and Proof barrel is on it's way....we're getting ready to TURN up some more! HE!!UVA guy and TOP NOTCH gun smith!!!!!! Keep grinding Gradous!!!!!!!!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Popapi
That's awesome, he'll get ALL my business! Borden Ti and Proof barrel is on it's way....we're getting ready to TURN up some more! HE!!UVA guy and TOP NOTCH gun smith!!!!!! Keep grinding Gradous!!!!!!!!

Compelling stuff, coming from an Obama loving cock sucker.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Robert definitely deserves your business and your next build deserves his special attention to detail. You just have to be patient throughout the process and respect the simple fact that I observed: i.e., three very busy superb gunsmiths cannot be on the phone if rifles are to be built! For the record, I paid full price and received zero compensation of any kind and merely wish to set the matter to rights.
Been hearing great things about Gradous rifles, and thinking about a 6.5 Creedmoor build from him. Glad you're happy!

Dude you build some nice rifles. Borden titanium and proof research barrel, nice combination may I ask what caliber?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Compelling stuff, coming from an Obama loving cock sucker.

Build a ton of nice rifles and suck one black liberal cock.....

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Bigamp
Robert definitely deserves your business and your next build deserves his special attention to detail. You just have to be patient throughout the process and respect the simple fact that I observed: i.e., three very busy superb gunsmiths cannot be on the phone if rifles are to be built! For the record, I paid full price and received zero compensation of any kind and merely wish to set the matter to rights.
Been hearing great things about Gradous rifles, and thinking about a 6.5 Creedmoor build from him. Glad you're happy!

Dude you build some nice rifles. Borden titanium and proof research barrel, nice combination may I ask what caliber?

Thanks guy we'll be doing a 7mmSTW! Stay tuned!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Popcorn....where's the danged popcorn???

*Master of random precision*
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
How much do you get to post positive reviews on forums? For the right money, I could be very convincing....
It's like a bad infomercial.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
All, I just returned from an amazing experience with an amazing gunsmith building an amazing rifle in an amazing facility with amazing equipment.... Give me a [bleep] break. Nobody talks like that. If you do, you're some pompous douchebag and I could give a [bleep] less about your opinion anyway.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by jackmountain
All, I just returned from an amazing experience with an amazing gunsmith building an amazing rifle in an amazing facility with amazing equipment.... Give me a [bleep] break. Nobody talks like that. If you do, you're some pompous douchebag and I could give a [bleep] less about your opinion anyway.

😂😂 KMSL...........at least he wasn't lying!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I can't blame the fella, if I had just spent 2500 plus parts to watch somebody make my gun I'd have to get on a forum and let somebody know just how rich I was too.

747 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
First post! Fishy!!!!🤔

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,546 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,953
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.