Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Down to 36 days till I leave for my northern bc moose/caribou hunt and wanted to get some feedback from you all.

Talking with the outfitter, he says that I should only need my hunting lisc. and tag as proof to bring the moose meat back into the US - HOWEVER he said that I would need to fill out form/forms with USDA to bring the caribou meat across.

I have read other posts were people had no trouble bring caribou across without extra paperwork.

What is it? What can I expect paperwork wise for the possiblility of bring a Canadian Moose and Mtn Caribou back into the US?

Thanks
Adam

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'm not saying to not trust responses, but I"d call the US Customs or some such agency and hear it straight from them. And then have them guide you to the website and area that verifies that and print it... YMMV.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tag.

“I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love, and it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.” John Steinbeck
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Customs and Border patrol website says:

Wild game meat from Canada

Hunter harvested game birds (pheasant, quail, goose, etc.) or cervid carcasses (e.g. deer, moose, elk, caribou, etc.) from Canada may be allowed entry when the importer is the hunter and presents to the Customs and Border Protection officer evidence such as a hunting license that the product is hunter harvested wild game.

Hunter-harvested wild non-cervid animal (e.g. wild sheep, goats, or bison/buffalo, etc.) meat or carcasses, which can be eviscerated and head removed or not eviscerated, are allowed when the hunter shows to CBP officers a hunting license, tag, or equivalent.

For questions on wild game meat from other regions, or if you require further information related to imports of animal products or by-products, please contact the National Center for Import and Export at AskNCIE.Productsaphis.usda.gov.

So sounds like hunting lisc. and tag and should be good to go.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any time I've taken game meat into the US, I've always been asked for a license or tag proving I could have killed the animal the meat came from. Which really isn't much for proof that the meat was killed under that tag or license, at all...

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've brought caribou across from BC, and deer from Alberta, the only thing the customs agents wanted to look at was passport and horns...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 264mag, 160user, 2500HD, 67 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,656
Posts18,455,599
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.