Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
When I booked my second trip back over to RSA I thought to myself, "Plenty of time to get ready and practice". Not a big worry or bother. Now that I've been waiting 6 months with 8 more to go...I'm getting antsy. Just received my taxidermy from my first trip and that got me thinking even more...

Time passes at a snails pace when waiting for the hunt sometimes, but when you're there, it flies by in the blink of an eye.

I guess this thread is directed at the hunters whom have their first trip booked. Enjoy your preparation phase, as it hold so much of the fun of the hunt. But, above all, soak up every second you're in the dark continent because you'll dream of the day you return the second wheels leave the ground on your flight home.

A quote which rings true to me:

"The only man I envy is the man who has not yet been to Africa – for he has so much to look forward to.”

- Richard Mullin

[Linked Image]

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Use discount code: 24HOUR5 for 5% off your order!
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Fantastic, and I certainly understand the allure of Africa. What a special place! Where are you headed, and with who?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"The only man I envy is the man who has not yet been to Africa – for he has so much to look forward to.”

- Richard Mullin

So true, so true. Whatcha got planned?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
When I was a work whore-slave to my job!! I was so busy that I didn't even sight in my 375 for a Namibian safari. Super busy!! Well, it took more than a box of shells to get her spot on. Time was ticking, gotta get hunting, shoulder pounded in 45 minutes. At least the termite mound got a thumping. Now that I think back, safari was my saving grace. No man should ever be that stressed out and busy.

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Fantastic, and I certainly understand the allure of Africa. What a special place! Where are you headed, and with who?

Heading back to Limpopo to help finish out my PG list. My father will be returning with me (again) to keep on living his lifelong dream as well as my brother. My brothers first as he missed last years trip, so it will be a culmination of a dream started when we all went on our first upland trip dreaming of the day we all get to hunt Africa.

Originally Posted by hatari

- Richard Mullin

Hoping to hunt Waterbuck, Gemsbok. blue wildebeest, springbok, and warthog....but, I'll always roll with what Africa sends my way, and what our PH explains "is a big one!" ha!

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Zengela
When I was a work whore-slave to my job!! I was so busy that I didn't even sight in my 375 for a Namibian safari. Super busy!! Well, it took more than a box of shells to get her spot on. Time was ticking, gotta get hunting, shoulder pounded in 45 minutes. At least the termite mound got a thumping. Now that I think back, safari was my saving grace. No man should ever be that stressed out and busy.

So True!

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess I have a countdown. 50 weeks to Luangwa Valley, Zambia!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My next, and probably last, trip to Africa is in the planning stage right now, for July 2018- this one to Mozambique, for Cape Buffalo and Crocodile.This is hunt #4 to Africa.
With a house full of all kinds of mounted critters, African and otherwise, we've run out of room, so the Buff will be a European mount, and the Croc if I get one will be made into one (or two) gun cases.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics

Heading back to Limpopo to help finish out my PG list. My father will be returning with me (again) to keep on living his lifelong dream as well as my brother. My brothers first as he missed last years trip, so it will be a culmination of a dream started when we all went on our first upland trip dreaming of the day we all get to hunt Africa.

- Richard Mullin

Hoping to hunt Waterbuck, Gemsbok. blue wildebeest, springbok, and warthog....but, I'll always roll with what Africa sends my way, and what our PH explains "is a big one!" ha!

If ya can and want, bring a 12ga pump and 4 boxes of #6. I am Addicted to sand grouse!!

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics

- Richard Mullin

Teasers...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Just weeks after my return from summer here in north Idaho I head back to Texas then off to Zimbabwe for buffalo and sable and, well, maybe more. Have fun.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Its an addiction for sure

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It maybe an addiction but it is loads of fun, fun. fun, and fun.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 08/10/17.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Congratulations, and sadly, the clock will remain slooowwwww. smile

Trump Won!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (338reddog, 673, 444Matt, 6MMWASP, 257robertsimp, 450yukon, 15 invisible), 1,676 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,184
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.