Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Natty_Bumpo
Originally Posted by battue
Well, I guess you guys don't know any Browning collectors then................

And you would be correct in a way. Difference being they are not users of their pristine examples. They have their circle, and place value on different criteria. However, the fact is that shotgun will sell as is for $2800-3500 and most of them would buy it for $2800 and then turn it for a profit.

I agree 100% with that. We lived in the little berg of Chester, NJ back in the day. There was a noted Browning collector who also lived there at the time. He traveled to the big gun shows in Reno, etc and the big high end auctions (James Julia, Rock Island, etc) when there was something that interested him. Talked to him at the LGS, from time to time.

My point was that his definition of "LNIB" and the OP's definition of "LNIB" are quite far apart. Perhaps I didn't make that point very artfully. And I certainly meant no disrespect to anybody.

NB

Dang , I hunted the heck out of the Black River WMA back in the early 80's with my great Brittany Brutus .

GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

Dang , I hunted the heck out of the Black River WMA back in the early 80's with my great Brittany Brutus .
[/quote]

We hunted that ground a lot on the 70's too. Killed more than a few grouse in there too, believe it or not. But in later years, some of that ground became almost unhuntable bc/ of that #@*&%# MFR!! OUCH!

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

We hunted that ground a lot on the 70's too. Killed more than a few grouse in there too, believe it or not. But in later years, some of that ground became almost unhuntable bc/ of that #@*&%# MFR!! OUCH!
[/quote]

Hunted it 3 times a week on weekdays, few hunters and a lot of stocked Pheasant and quail. I miss those days and that dog.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Small world, because my best ever Springer came out of Pottersville, NJ which I think is close to Chester. One of Larry McQueen's Dogs

laissez les bons temps rouler
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by battue
Small world, because my best ever Springer came out of Pottersville, NJ which I think is close to Chester. One of Larry McQueen's Dogs

Yes, a very Small World indeed, battue.

One of my gunning partners raised several litters of ESS. He always bred his females to one of Larry McQueen's stud dogs. I went with him to the McQueen kennels several times. He was a top shelf breeder/trainers/ handler of both ESS and ECS,. Pottersville is a just stones throw South of Chester, down in Bedminister Co (home of the new Summer White House)

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I picked up the pup at his kennel, then the suggestion was passed that we should have a nip in celebration. A couple hours, and a few nips later, his wife went and got the shotgun he used to shoot driven Grouse in Scotland. I finally got on my way. That is when Duffy decided to take a dump on the front seat. It was a memorable beginning.

Last edited by battue; 08/12/17.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
LOL!!!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yea, well he did it while I was inside a gas station asking directions. And he did it on the drivers side, which I didn't look for when I got back in the car.

I wasn't laughing at the time, nor when I was in the BR with my pants off washing them the best I could. LOL!!!! grin

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Looks great Grouser, sounds like you got a fantastic deal. I've got two 20ga lightening models still new in the boxes, one being from the year I was born. Haven't brought myself to shoot them yet. Saving them to give to my two boys as high school grad gifts. I've also got a 12ga Superposed from '58 that I do use from time to time. Beautiful guns IMHO.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The older Brownings are fine guns, but the steel in the barrels is soft by steel shot standards. My favorite scattergun is a 1962 edition of a Superposed Pigeon Grade twenty, IC/M. It will never discharge steel while I am alive.

If I ate a steady diet of birds taken with shotguns, I might view lead differently, but game birds are an occasional treat for me, therefore I use hard lead shot for dove and quail and copper or nickel plated shot for pheasant.

Best,

Jack

Last edited by jt402; 09/05/17.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 2,131 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,133
Posts18,464,687
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.