Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
And he responded. He cannot send them into Canada unless I use an importer.

I figured that, so I'll use my importer again.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Steve, in consideration of his limited horizons, civilized (?) education etc I deemed only a caplock for the moment. Advanced studies when they are appropriate.

It's a .32 squill rifle.....

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Steve, in consideration of his limited horizons, civilized (?) education etc I deemed only a caplock for the moment. Advanced studies when they are appropriate.

Ah, he's lucky to have you around to help. When he's older, he will be able to think back to when you helped him get his start. By then, he'll have a flintlock. Just tell him this is a picture of you when you were younger. And tell him you invented it. He's young. He'll believe you. smile

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
You sayin all the stuff my dad told me might not be true? Lol

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Dads lie. Grampas never lie! smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell

Ah, he's lucky to have you around to help. When he's older, he will be able to think back to when you helped him get his start. By then, he'll have a flintlock. Just tell him this is a picture of you when you were younger. And tell him you invented it. He's young. He'll believe you. smile

[Linked Image]

That picture brings back memories. Had the rifle, the hat, and the shirt!

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Did you guys ever get The Last of the Mohicans down your way?

[Linked Image]

These are the original single shot boys!

It was a story about Hawkeye, a white guy, and his friend, Chingachgook, and their adventures in the Hudson Valley (NY) in the mid 1700s. It's a period drama that was filmed entirely in Canada, just outside of Toronto. The principles, John Hart and Lon Chaney Jr., played Hawkeye and Chingachgook. The stars were Americans. The show was based on a book by James Fenimore Cooper, The Last of the Mohicans.

Almost all of the show's actors were Canuckian. They used to bus the actors from Toronto, east, to Pickering. The area where it was filmed in 1957-58 has been completely swallowed up by suburbia.

http://johnhart.tripod.com/pickeringhawkeye.html

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have not gone through all 9 pages. I hunt with a 30/40 Krag, think 303B or 30/303. MGM made the barrel, very accurate and good to 200 yards. Have a 444 Marlin on a Contender and its more then needed for deer or for me to shot. Next there is a 375 JDJ a 444 casing necked down to .375 great cartridge. I noticed a 30/303 project. Consider a 30/40 K barrel from MGM.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
May be off the subject wink but I have or have had Contender barrels in .22LR, .22 Hornet, .222, 218, .222, .223, .256 Winchester, .30 & .357 Herrett, & .41 Mag - ALL of them have been extremely accurate and the .256 Winchester is scary. You have a nice looking outfit there Steve - sorry about your laws......we will probably be there all too soon frown !!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

Whoops! My bad. It was Davey Crockett stuff I had. I was a lot older when the D. Boone show came on, with its Jewish Indian.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I finally got the Contender out for a range trip. I have been busy with it and the 30-303, some stock installations and several replacement scopes. I have also been hunting. Not much time for here.

I had 10 125 gr Remington factory loads that I used to sight in the Contender. I don't believe Remington makes them anymore, but Federal makes 125 gr 30-30 loads.

I fired odd and ends. Different loads and cartridges left over from my reloading bench, as well as partial boxes of factory ammunition. I had a bunch of 110 gr. loads that I used to try in some of the 30-30s I've owned over the years. They never shot worth a hoot from my levers, or an older Handi Rifle. In total, I shot about 65 cartridges.

The range was deserted. That in itself made shooting a lot of fun. No one to worry about. I wanted to show you the wooden walls they put up. You shoot between the upper and lower walls. I'm not sure what the height of the gap is, but if you look closely, you can see bullet holes along the bottom of the closest wall. Look under the 50 Yd sign. The idea is to stop projectiles from being shot over the backstops. That has never been a problem, but it's 2017. Someone in government probably got a raise or a promotion for thinking this up.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I forgot to post this pic. It is my 30-303. This is the single shot forum, but I had to swap scopes, and only shot one cartridge at a time. laugh To sight this one in, I used some old 125 gr. Remington PSP bulk bullets.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I finally got the Contender out for a range trip. I have been busy with it and the 30-303, some stock installations and several replacement scopes. I have also been hunting. Not much time for here.

I had 10 125 gr Remington factory loads that I used to sight in the Contender. I don't believe Remington makes them anymore, but Federal makes 125 gr 30-30 loads.

I fired odd and ends. Different loads and cartridges left over from my reloading bench, as well as partial boxes of factory ammunition. I had a bunch of 110 gr. loads that I used to try in some of the 30-30s I've owned over the years. They never shot worth a hoot from my levers, or an older Handi Rifle. In total, I shot about 65 cartridges.

The range was deserted. That in itself made shooting a lot of fun. No one to worry about. I wanted to show you the wooden walls they put up. You shoot between the upper and lower walls. I'm not sure what the height of the gap is, but if you look closely, you can see bullet holes along the bottom of the closest wall. Look under the 50 Yd sign. The idea is to stop projectiles from being shot over the backstops. That has never been a problem, but it's 2017. Someone in government probably got a raise or a promotion for thinking this up.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The range I shoot at here in West Michigan has a very similar configuration. 50, 100 and 200 all have restrictive windows to shoot through. You're not alone in the world of laywered up ranges

Vice grip for pliers, pliers for a wrench...wrench for a hammer...hammer's everything else. - Corb Lund
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yeah. Not to change the thread, but our 200 yard range is closed more than it's open. I wanted to take the Contender to 200 yds, but it hasn't been open much since the spring. There have never been any shooting incidents here. The only incidents are legal ones.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yeah. Not to change the thread, but our 200 yard range is closed more than it's open. I wanted to take the Contender to 200 yds, but that range hasn't been open much since the spring. There have never been any shooting incidents here. The only incidents are legal ones.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (10Glocks, Akhutr, batch, BB3, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 1,527 guests, and 860 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,227
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.