-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd buy the stainless action from Bud's and get it in 4 days. Plus I don't like sako extractor cuts in bolts.

GB1

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I ordered one on 6/15 and my packing slip was dated 7/21. It is a standard bolt face with a fluted bolt.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Figures they never called me back. They must have lost my order. BS!

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Now they are saying the end of the month. My guess is they lost my order and now are finally building it.

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
4 day turn for stainless steel new Remington 700 action from Bud's if you change your mind. Mine's waiting for trip to smith and bartlein barrel. Had Kampfeld put new bolt knob on and that will be only alteration done to it.

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by 30338
4 day turn for stainless steel new Remington 700 action from Bud's if you change your mind. Mine's waiting for trip to smith and bartlein barrel. Had Kampfeld put new bolt knob on and that will be only alteration done to it.

I bought one off GB a couple weeks back when Bud's was jacking around with prices. Dropped the MO in the mail one Saturday. Picked up the receiver at my FFL the next Saturday. Will send it off for a bolt knob when I make up my mind what I want to build on a short action.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Tejano
Whoo hoooty got my booty. PT&G just called and it's out the door as soon as they get the FFL so seven weeks ain't too bad. Especially when they told me 18 weeks.

Under promise and over deliver they have my business for sure.

Lol.....Good, that will make up for my biz that they will never get.....

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Fun to see this back at the top. I finally got my follower from them. 134 days from order to delivery. 3 times they told me it was out for anodizing. when I put it in the gun and cycled 1 magazine full through it to check function, it had a big old brass scratch through the red anodizing. mad

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Not sure what it is growing pains and military contracts? But all businesses go through this at times. I hope they get over it but probably not.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mine shipped today. 21 weeks from the date of my order. They suck with customer service.

Last edited by bhoges; 08/25/17.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 30338

While I trued them up for drill, the last two M700 actions I've built around (both very modern, one bought from Bud's) were remarkably square and true. And both rifles shoot extremely well.

PTG frustrates me. If I can buy one of their products in-stock somewhere, great! Otherwise they are very hard to work with; chaotic, right hand doesn't know what the left is doing, they don't return calls on left messages, CS is horrible if you have a problem, on and on. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
My action is a beauty and they treated me right. It is as good as a custom because the bolt is matched to the receiver. Funny how one business gets slammed and another is idolized.

Last Mcmillan I got didn't fit after about a three/four month wait. Sent it back and they bedded it for free in two weeks. But the barrel channel was off much wider on one side than the other and rough too. I will re-bed with black epoxy & graphite and hope it matches well enough. I don't want to send it back as it already has two coats of paint and each coat adds about 2 ozs of weight. I should completely strip it and send it back but too much of a hassel and I want to shoot the thing this season.

Melvin Forbes guy lost my paper work and they painted the stock black instead of the camo I ordered. I told Melvin black is fine but he refused to ship it since it wasn't what I ordered. He had his stock guy strip it entirely and do the paint colors I wanted. He also insisted I send color samples as verbal or photos might not work. He matched the paint chips exactly.

I will do business again with all three and chalk up these experiences to chit happens.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'll never do business with PT&G again. Ordered a 3 Pos. Safety conversion for a Rem 700, complete with firing pin and cocking piece. Arrived rather quickly, but didn't have the right cocking piece - and it was it arrived fully assembled! You'd think the guy putting them together would know what the pieces are supposed to look like. I called, to see about getting the correct piece, and the lady answering the phone told me I needed to call a gunsmith. I had to point out that they made the parts (several times) and what I ordered was supposed to be a finished product in order to get the name of someone to speak with about it. I later called about installation instructions and the lady who answered told me I needed to call Remington smirk Went through the same stuff as before, and apparently the ONE guy who can answer the question works at a machining center and can't be bothered to return a phone call.

NEVER AGAIN

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I got a call from the gunsmith about my 223 build with the PTG action. Seems there is a problem with the extractor. The crosspin is the wrong size. He said its almost falling out. After waiting 8 months they can't even turn out a quality product. Even my smith said they turn out inferior products. Cant wait for this to be done. Never deal with them again.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So how many guys completed their builds? Mine is done but the bolt handle comes up so high when the action is opened it hits the scope. Even with higher rings I have the same issue. I had to install a rail and TPS tactical rings to get enough clearance. This bolt it easily 1/4 higher then a factory one. This sucks I hate the look of these rings and bases. I originally had a dual dovetail base and the scope was the perfect height over the bore.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did mine on the stainless actions Bud's had in stock. Turned out great and is very accurate. I didn't like the fact that PTG was cutting the bolt faces for the extractors.
[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 222ND, 67 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,543
Posts18,453,223
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.