Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#12171291 07/27/17
shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
As anyone had any experience with the TC Strike? I saw one in Walnut, and I'm starting to think hard about it.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
BP-B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It's the predecessor to the LHR Redemption, a rifle designed and marketed by former T/C engineers. I've had several LHRs pass through my hands and found them well put together. IMO, they were victims of a smear campaign by a competing company's internet trolls and sales went south. T/C bought LHR out and acquired the design. The LHR came with Green Mountain barrels but T/C use their own barrels with the QLA. Some folk have issues with that when shooting conical bullets.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like them from afar. Wish they'd left off the funky QLA.

They probably double sales if they did a quick redesign of that Vulcan ear trigger guard. Gotta wonder what the LHR guys were smoking when they dreamed that up.

The design seems clever and solid, especially the cocking dingus. Just like the fancy Euro-rifles.

Might get one someday just for grins. Maybe I can find or make a decent trigger guard.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just can't get past the audacity, they didn't do anything except buy out a startup...

"Legend has it lightning never strikes twice. In 1997 Thompson/Center revolutionized the world of muzzleloading. Looks like we’ve done it again. Meet the T/C STRIKE™, the trend setting striker fired muzzleloader with the innovative Adapt™ breech system, Armornite™ barrel coating, and legendary T/C barrel. The T/C STRIKE™ muzzleloader, only from Thompson/Center."

What did they do in '97?
The trigger guard dosent appeal to me but it does make the gun stand out and maybe that's what they were looking for?

NRA Endowment Life Member
shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The thing that intrigues me about the Redemption/Strike is the external threads on the breach system. I have a buddy who enjoys shooting his inline and twice he's been to me to get his breech plug unstuck. He's older and does not have the hand strength. I'm looking down the road and thinking: this is going to be me in 20 years.

Stylewise, it's a bit like the Steyr-Mannlicher rifles without the heafty price tag. Maybe I'll forget the buckskins and go for the lederhosen and Tyrol when I hunt with it. Ja! Das bist du uber-cool!
Mannlicher Duet

Last edited by shaman; 07/28/17.

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
IF that's the case Shaman, Just get you a nice Jäger! laugh

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[/quote]I pulled the trigger on a LHR just now. I think I'll be happy.

BTW: If you go to that Mannlicher Duet video, there's a comment at the top about how this video reminded the moonbat poster of why hunting needed to be limited in the EU.

[quote]
Well done made promo video. One of the best which i ever seen. ..traditional uniform of blond haired hunter, beautiful alpine scenery, music and Steyr weapon, shows perfectly every detail of the conservative side of austrian hunting and part of european traditionalism. Thats why permision on weapon should be resctricted in EU, available only for thin group of "gentry", otherwise it becomes ordinary and unsafety. Well, i see it even in my Bushnell.. miss so much 4A.. Thats beautiful passion, so simple and clear, without problems of daily life, stream of words, and womans.. wink Man, weapon and great open area..

So after I get my new ML, I guess not only will I be wearing lederhosen and Tyrol hat, I'll have to become a hunting snob and start advocating for elitist restrictions in a fake continental accent. I'm sure that will go over well with my Trans-Bluegrass neighbors. Yee-Haw!

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Get back with us on that and how it all works out!!! laugh

Founder

WS

shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
By the way, what does he mean by a thin group of gentry? Was he making fun of my weight?

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
No probably the lack of limbs on their family tree. You know how thin the DNA can be amongst those families with the blue blood. I'd pay him no mind

Founder

WS

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by tmitch
It's the predecessor to the LHR Redemption, a rifle designed and marketed by former T/C engineers..

I wrote that wrong.....the LHR is the predecessor to the T/C Strike, not the other way around. blush crazy

Charter Member

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Based on a PM from one of the campers, I was able to acquire the LHR Redemption at a good price.

[Linked Image]

It arrived last night in perfect order. I can't wait to get it out and see what it does.

I will let the seller remain anonymous if he wants, but I wish to applaud him nonetheless. I am shaking my rattle your way right now.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Good for you!!!! smile

Founder

WS

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hope it shoots as good as it looks! (Even with the "Vulcan ear" trigger guard laugh ) Had mixed feelings about letting it go, but better that someone gets enjoyment out of it rather than sitting on my shelf.

Charter Member

szihn

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by shaman
Based on a PM from one of the campers, I was able to acquire the LHR Redemption at a good price.

[Linked Image]

It arrived last night in perfect order. I can't wait to get it out and see what it does.

I will let the seller remain anonymous if he wants, but I wish to applaud him nonetheless. I am shaking my rattle your way right now.

I have one in the safe but haven't fired it yet. I read very good thing about the accuracy from them.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
399 members (1lesfox, 300jimmy, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 41 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 915 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,021
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.