Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
In Texas, we are required to carry a license which includes tags, a form of identification, driver license accepted or an Id issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety. Given the chance of an encounter with the game warden one must produce these items. I don't like packing my wallet out into the hunting venue for chance of it getting dipped in the mud, falling in the water or just plain losing it. I usually make a copy of my driver license which is of questionable legality. Depending on whether I am backpacking, light clothes hunting/fishing my documents may or may not be in my pockets. I find it a rather bothersome production.

I am curious what your requirements are? Do you have a good method of carrying your required documentation?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Whether it's a few hours chasing pheasants or a 12-day backpack hunt in AK I put the tag in my wallet and carry it. It's never been a problem or a production.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Usually in a jacket pocket. If they want my drivers license they can meet me back at the truck.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In my wallet in my back pocket. My hunting pants have a button down flap so I don't lose it. Fall in the creek? There's nothing in there that a little water will hurt.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
In a plastic folder in my day pack.I never carry my wallet

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In my wallet with my Driver license, CCW permit, money and credit/bank cards.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
in my backpack regardless of where I am, other than at home. And honestly on our home place I rarely have it on me... its usually in the house in the billfold.

In AK I carry a couple of things and thats harvest tags, license, ID, metal bands and such and thats usually in a ziploc in the backpack.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

What Coyote Hunter says. I would rather have all my important stuff on me rather someplace I'm not. Have yet to lose a license, or a wallet.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I keep my license/tags in a zip lock baggie in a small pocket of my hunting pack.

I go wayyyy out of my way to not loose my wallet and sure as hell don't carry my credit cards, drivers license, etc. with me while out hiking around. I keep them stashed and hidden in my vehicle. If they need to identify my body there are other, more reliable ways.

I hunt WY, MT, NV and ID yearly as well as other states some years and have never been told or read that I need to carry my drivers license or other state issued ID card....just my hunting license and tags/permits. Never hunted Texas though.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Reloder28
In Texas, we are required to carry a license which includes tags, a form of identification, driver license accepted or an Id issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety. Given the chance of an encounter with the game warden one must produce these items. I don't like packing my wallet out into the hunting venue for chance of it getting dipped in the mud, falling in the water or just plain losing it. I usually make a copy of my driver license which is of questionable legality. Depending on whether I am backpacking, light clothes hunting/fishing my documents may or may not be in my pockets. I find it a rather bothersome production.

I am curious what your requirements are? Do you have a good method of carrying your required documentation?

I carry mine in a little plastic folder designed for hunting licenses buried in a pocket of my daypack. I've never understood the requirements for other ID--to buy a license in Colorado one has to show other ID like a driver license, etc. Here in Colorado everybody receives a Customer Identification Number (CID). That number is on the license and all of our other info like adddress, SS, drivers license number, and hunter safety card number is on file with the CPW.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
In my wallet, in a ziplock, in the zippered/flap back pocket of my hunting pants.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
In a ziploc after make sure have signed what needs signed then goes in my belly pack that has my knife, permamarker, small tape measure, couple of bandaids, compass, snacks, rangefinder, a few rounds of ammo, etc. When hiking, the belly pack is rotate over my right hip.

A computer once beat me at chess. I then won a kickboxing contest with the same computer. So, 1-1 to date.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I had a fellow come and hunt with me several years back from NV. He had everything in his wallet,including $400, in his back pocket. He lost it about 1/2 way into camp.I think it worked out because of the cantle pushing on it. We looked all the next day before season started, finally started to checking camps.Yep,some one had picked it up and was nice enough to fess up,including all the money.
What the heck does someone need all their credits cards etc. that they carry in their wallet 5-6 miles back in the wilderness or for that matter anywhere hunting.

Last edited by saddlesore; 08/13/17.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I had a fellow come and hunt with me several years back from NV. He had everything in his wallet,including $400, in his back pocket. He lost it about 1/2 way into camp.I think it worked out because of the cantle pushing on it. We looked all the next day before season started, finally started to checking camps.Yep,some one had picked it up and was nice enough to fess up,including all the money.
What the heck does someone need all their credits cards etc. that they carry in their wallet 5-6 miles back in the wilderness or for that matter anywhere hunting.

Camo wallet?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Bighorn

What Coyote Hunter says. I would rather have all my important stuff on me rather someplace I'm not. Have yet to lose a license, or a wallet.

Me, too. I never put my wallet down. I never put my keys down. I've never lost either one.

Need? If I don't ever take the stuff out of my wallet, I never have to remember to put it back. That's need enough for me.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a MοΏ½bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
In my wallet, which is always in my pocket.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I keep my license/tags in a zip lock baggie in a small pocket of my hunting pack.

I go wayyyy out of my way to not loose my wallet and sure as hell don't carry my credit cards, drivers license, etc. with me while out hiking around. I keep them stashed and hidden in my vehicle. If they need to identify my body there are other, more reliable ways.

I hunt WY, MT, NV and ID yearly as well as other states some years and have never been told or read that I need to carry my drivers license or other state issued ID card....just my hunting license and tags/permits. Never hunted Texas though.

This. I have never seen a warden out in the field and I have only seen one in camp. If they are in camp, they can wait until I unlock the car and show them my license.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

^^^This^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
In my wallet my coat pocket

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
I've never understood the requirements for other ID--to buy a license in Colorado one has to show other ID like a driver license, etc. Here in Colorado everybody receives a Customer Identification Number (CID). That number is on the license and all of our other info like adddress, SS, drivers license number, and hunter safety card number is on file with the CPW.

Casey

Well, it's so a DWM who checks you in the field knows that the license is yours, since it has no photo or ht/wt etc. on it. If all you needed was the hunting license, I could use yours and no one who checked me would know the difference.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,463 guests, and 732 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,676
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.