24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Phugg that rag! Hopefully the new owners put something worth reading on paper now, sans the liberal slant. Alice can spend more time now learning to keep her floatplane outta the trees.

Last edited by Ptarmigan; 08/13/17.
BP-B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Poor Alice. It'd be a real shame if she crashed again.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some interesting in depth reporting on Alice's problems

https://craigmedred.news/2017/08/11/bad-news-for-the-news/

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like the new owners are going to be the Fairbanks Binkley's. It'll likely now become a mouthpiece for the tourism industry. I'm sure we'll get to enjoy the same in depth, hard hitting journalism we've come to expect from any of the Alaska news outlets. wink

Jeff

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yup, ADN sucked before Alice, and I expect more of the same from the new owners.

Honestly I don't know why anyone would want to buy a newspaper in the age of the internet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know...

[Linked Image]

.... I'm sure if properly applied that.....

[Linked Image]

.... today's hot air will still be keeping the cold air at bay for decades like this stuff has.

(Recently uncovered wall portion of a roofless, and largely wall-less coastal 'roadhouse' cabins in western Alaska revealed this 'premium vapor barrier'. wink )

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Binkley is much more conservative than Rogloff. ADN can kiss its feature section on Marijuana and its emphasis on propping up Walker away. Binkleys have a long term connection with the state. Binkley hosts a lot of trappers at his village during the summer. Binkleys are pro development and that should help our state and the newspaper.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Binkley is much more conservative than Rogloff. ADN can kiss its feature section on Marijuana and its emphasis on propping up Walker away. Binkleys have a long term connection with the state. Binkley hosts a lot of trappers at his village during the summer. Binkleys are pro development and that should help our state and the newspaper.

Heard a Binkley buyer was in it and hoped for the best... I feel better about things.

And especially the part about Alice failing again.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That's cool Klik. Back during a time when newspaper men were beyond reproach and women didn't fly airplanes 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of scumbags. Hopefully, Alice goes away and the new owners schittcan that piece of schitt Dermot Cole.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
That's cool Klik. Back during a time when newspaper men were beyond reproach and women didn't fly airplanes 😁

That old cabin where these fragments kept the wind at bay years ago, along with the crumbling dog-kennel cabin adjacent to it, are pretty cool witnesses to a time when things were quite different. I'm not so sure that newspapers were any less biased overall however, and women (and men) were crashing planes even then:

https://cloverfield.org/people/crosson_ma/index.php

Marvel was the sister of one of Alaska's early airmen, Joe Crosson.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
Phugg that rag! Hopefully the new owners put something worth reading on paper now, sans the liberal slant. Alice can spend more time now learning to keep her floatplane outta the trees.
And the ocean. Good riddance is all I have to say to that worthless liberal rag, it didn't even make for good butt wipe.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hummmmmm me thinks binkley is going to run for office again...the dispatch is a tool IMO !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Hummmmmm me thinks binkley is going to run for office again...the dispatch is a tool IMO !

Good point...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Klik, Definitely a testimony to a different time. For as long as I can remember I've always admired the guys that we're not only able to survive in Alaskas unforgiving environs but thrive there. I still admire the resilient men and women that are able to tame the land enough to scratch out a living. 1916 was about 40 years before my FIL came up and learned to fly bush planes. At 15 his mentor figured he had enough experience to fly the passengers to Kodiak on his own. He did, they lived and for the next 50 years he flew all over the world. It wasn't until the Vietnam war that Air America realized some of their pilots didn't have a pilots license and sent him to Florida to get it. They had him fly "reconnaissance" around Cuba to get the checkout flight done. I like the simpler times.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
245 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 1,656 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,932
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.