Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
You notice that crackerjackass has left the building when no one seemed to like his attitude about poaching- not to mention the minor little item about needing a commercial license from the FAA. Imagine that.....

BP-B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What happened to the good ol' days when you waited until 50 post to start talking sh*t to other members.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I wouldn't let you pay me to do it. I ENJOY it and damn sure don't want anything to bother my deer.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Here is a cut / paste from one of his other post about drones.

Unfortunately, there will be situations where it's impossible for a game warden to track a drone back to it's operator or launch point --- and then just as hard to prove someone was using it to assist in hunting game.

If a hunter's wife is sitting in a cabin a mile away and she's operating the drone, I just can't see a game warden being able to chase the drone in his state-issued pickup truck across a swamp or barbed wire fencing or some other hellish terrain back to the cabin to slap a fine on the wife. The wife could simply say she was flying her drone on a nice day and filming the landscape and the game animals just happened to be in view. She'll walk out of court in a New York minute with the game warden and judge giving each other dumb looks.

Sorry, but more and more people are going to use drones for hunting and a few silly state game laws aint gonna stop a damn thing grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder if Mr. Clever realizes the fact, that the posts online showing a clear intent and method of circumventing the Law, have already sunk any type of defense in court? smile

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A helicopter will spook game much more than any drone and from much father away and can also legally operate at
low drone altitudes mentioned. A belligerent who fires at and/or hits such that is legally operating under FFA, should
get ready for an unannounced meeting with state and federal agents.

but Im sure the AA tough talk only applies to swatting small flies not big ones...so its really kind of comical

91.119 Minimum safe altitudes; general

Except when necessary for takeoff or landing, no person may operate an aircraft below the following altitudes:

(a) Anywhere – An altitude allowing, if a power unit fails, an emergency landing without undue hazard to persons or property on the surface.
(b) Over congested areas – Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open-air assembly of persons, an altitude of
1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2,000 feet of the aircraft.

(c) Over other than congested areas – An altitude of 500 feet above the surface except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In that case,
the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.

(d) Helicopters – Helicopters may be operated at less than the minimums prescribed In paragraph (b) or (c) of this section if the operation is
conducted without hazard to persons or property on the surface. In addition, each person operating a helicopter shall comply with routes or
altitudes specifically prescribed for helicopters by the Administrator.

Helicopter operations may be conducted below the minimum altitudes set for fixed-wing aircraft. The reason: they have unique operating
characteristics, the most important of which is their ability to execute pinpoint emergency landings during power-out emergencies. Furthermore
, the helicopter's increased use by law enforcement and emergency medical service agencies requires added flexibility.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman
A helicopter will spook game much more than any drone and from much father away and can also legally operate at
low drone altitudes mentioned. A belligerent who fires at and/or hits such that is legally operating under FFA, should
get ready for an unannounced meeting with state and federal agents.

but Im sure the AA tough talk only applies to swatting small flies not big ones...so its really kind of comical

91.119 Minimum safe altitudes; general

Except when necessary for takeoff or landing, no person may operate an aircraft below the following altitudes:

(a) Anywhere – An altitude allowing, if a power unit fails, an emergency landing without undue hazard to persons or property on the surface.
(b) Over congested areas – Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open-air assembly of persons, an altitude of
1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2,000 feet of the aircraft.

(c) Over other than congested areas – An altitude of 500 feet above the surface except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In that case,
the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.

(d) Helicopters – Helicopters may be operated at less than the minimums prescribed In paragraph (b) or (c) of this section if the operation is
conducted without hazard to persons or property on the surface. In addition, each person operating a helicopter shall comply with routes or
altitudes specifically prescribed for helicopters by the Administrator.

Helicopter operations may be conducted below the minimum altitudes set for fixed-wing aircraft. The reason: they have unique operating
characteristics, the most important of which is their ability to execute pinpoint emergency landings during power-out emergencies. Furthermore
, the helicopter's increased use by law enforcement and emergency medical service agencies requires added flexibility.

Are you a complete idiot, or did you fail to complete the course? Shooting at a helicopter is shooting at people, OF COURSE the cops would be involved. . It must be operated under the professional licence, and would still require permits to operate as a business, similar to the drone operator
. Used in the same manner as proposed for the drone, it would be just as illegal, and more dangerous. You are comparing Apples to oranges and claiming it's watermelon.
Theree is no viable comparison. If the pilot of a helicopter circled me on stand at the same range as the drone I spoke of, we would both end up dead as the blades shattered on the tree. If it were used to run game and assist in poaching as described by the OP, there would be much higher penalties involved.
If it was used in such an unprofessional, and dangerous method, and in such close proximity to a hunter on stand, a charge for shooting it down, may well be covered as Self Defence, for clearly the pilot's actions would be a very real threat to the life of the hunter.

(If you can go this stupid, you are really reaching)

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
a helicopter...It must be operated under the professional licence, and would still require permits to operate as a business..,

LOL, yes and? ..since nobody has stated otherwise, then whats your point?
In any case my orig FAA info post does not only apply to commercial ops....nor did I specify just commercial ops.

.... Used in the same manner as proposed for the drone, it would be just as illegal, ....

Heli even when used according to legal FAA limits for whats deemed 'aerial work' specifically ,would still spook the hell out of your game.

If the pilot of a helicopter circled me on stand at the same range as the drone I spoke of, we would both end up dead as the blades shattered on the tree.

Im talking about FFA legal op. limits for helicopter..( see earleir)...if the limits are followed FAA considers you as being safe, snowflake... wink

If it was used in such an unprofessional, and dangerous method, and in such close proximity to a hunter on stand,

LOL what a drama queen , have ever actually witnessed how close to people helis can legally operate?....
but that aside, even buzzing 500t above tree tops would pose no threat to you. and game would still scatter like hell.

a charge for shooting it down, may well be covered as Self Defence,

Shooting down a piloted aircraft is OK?....you have lost your flippin mind.
try it and you will also lose everything you own......like said earlier your tough stance is comical.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As I stated, NONE of your variables match enough for any type of comparison. Yes, once again you have proven yourself an idiot. I have professional experience working around helicopters, and other aircraft.

..." at
low drone altitudes mentioned. "... and a liar.
Would I shoot a driver trying to kill me with his car? Of course. No different with a pilot trying to kill me with his helicopter.

Edit: sir, if you are incapable of arguing your point, within the Parameters you yourself set , you are no longer worth conversing with.

Last edited by kellory; 08/15/17.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kellory

. If the pilot of a helicopter circled me on stand at the same range as the drone I spoke of,
we would both end up dead as the blades shattered on the tree.

LOL, no responsible heli owner is going to recklessly run his rotors into trees just to circle and get close look at you.
off the rails crazy talk.

Would I shoot a driver trying to kill me with his car? Of course. No different with a pilot trying to kill me with his helicopter.

someone operating within FAA is construed by you as trying to kill you?

As I stated, NONE of your variables match enough for any type of comparison.

you mentioned your annoyance about hunts being screwed up by aerial activity
and I mentioned helis spooking game while operating within FAA. ...but you cant
see the similarity or how one can relate to the other......really?

..." at
low drone altitudes mentioned. "

Yes 'at low drone alts mentioned', evidently you have never witnessed helis legally operating
around people in the drone alts mentioned.

I have professional experience working around helicopters, and other aircraft.

yet insufficient experience or knowledge understand what I am saying.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by CrackaJack85
on my place, it would cost you precisely one drone. there is so much abuse of drone tech in the art of hunter harassment, screwed up hunts, peeking in windows while trespassing, drug deliveries to prisons, chasing deer away from hunters, running game for miles just for youtubes videos. They are not welcome in any form near my hunting land, my domicile, or my presence.

Try to remember you do NOT own airspace above your property. The FAA is the ONLY authority in the U.S. that controls airspace, and if your property is not adjacent to an airport, nuclear power facility, or a military installation then I can fly my Phantom all over your property and there aint a damn thing you can do about it.

BTW, you shoot down my $1100 Phantom and that means a sheriff knocks on your door at 6am with an arrest warrant and a charge of felony vandalism that is punishable by law in all 50 states.

Come fly that sucker over my land and I will shoot it down and I bet you a 500 bucks.. When you call the sheriff in the county I Hunt He will tell you to [bleep] Off.....

If I shoot your Drone Down ....How you going to prove it was me or whomever... If it has to be within a 100 feet to see antler....I would shoot it down from long Range. No pic no proof...

I shot one Down Already flying in my back yard......Stomped it in to little pieces and Drove it to the dump...Guy shows up about one Hour Later looking for it......I told him I saw it Flying over!!!! Looked like it was Headed for towards the Dump....The look on the Guys face was priceless... smirk

Last edited by KentuckyMountainMan; 08/16/17.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, this thread is hilarious, the 'hard' is the part of bowhunting we all try to conquer, if not, we'd all wait on rifle season, if it was just about killing, I could corn the field behind my house and shoot deer to 600+ yards 24/7/365 all year long. crazy grin

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'd spend about 11.99 for your services

Now your post is relevant in the bow hunting forum

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/...bgKjm1QIViZF-Ch3FTwneEAQYAiABEgJW6fD_BwE

Cant believe all of the idiots that use some stupid gadget to make a buck from hunters

As all you bowhunters get ready for the fall whitetail season --- I have an interesting question to ask you: How much would you pay to have a drone scout your fields?

I realize the younger fellas have the fresh legs and energy to scout all their fields, and the older guys just drive the pickup trucks off the road to glass their hunting areas --- but what about those back fields that are hard to reach by truck or those fields that are technically "No Trespassing" but you manage to snag a buck in one when nobody is looking?

I used my DJI Phantom 3 drone to scout some fields for a couple friends of mine last year and I did it for free, but it got me thinking about starting a little side business. So how much would you be willing to pay to have someone like me stand next to you while you watch a 40-inch TV screen that shows live video from the drone, and therefore can direct me to fly over any particular area you want. My drone is able to fly out about 2 miles (depending on hills and other obstacles) so I can cover a lot of real estate on one battery, which last about 15 minutes of total flight time. All video would be recorded in 4K resolution that you could watch at home on your big screen TV.

I was thinking of about charging $100 for a 30-minute session --- that would involve using two batteries and continuous flying to cover the most ground. The camera footage is good enough to spot deer from around 200 ft. altitude, but in order to see antlers I would need to descend to around 100 ft. altitude off the ground and this will likely spook the animals and they run away. Still, it does give you a better idea of which fields have deer and which do not.

Last edited by ribka; 08/20/17.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Aside from the legalities and ethics, does one 30 minute session have half a chance of showing that big buck that might be using the spot?
Where I hunt, especially during the rut, bucks tend to be wherever the does lead them. Not regular visitors to the same spot, or very punctual. They may show up several days a week, but not on that day we're checking on them. That doesn't even account for the old bucks that scent check a field from within the heavy brush. I've got cameras out year round in unpressured areas, even in the summer it might be 3-4 days between sightings of specific bucks.
OP shows not only a lack of ethics, but knowledge of deer behavior as well.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
As all you bowhunters get ready for the fall whitetail season --- I have an interesting question to ask you: How much would you pay to have a drone scout your fields?

I realize the younger fellas have the fresh legs and energy to scout all their fields, and the older guys just drive the pickup trucks off the road to glass their hunting areas --- but what about those back fields that are hard to reach by truck or those fields that are technically "No Trespassing" but you manage to snag a buck in one when nobody is looking?

I used my DJI Phantom 3 drone to scout some fields for a couple friends of mine last year and I did it for free, but it got me thinking about starting a little side business. So how much would you be willing to pay to have someone like me stand next to you while you watch a 40-inch TV screen that shows live video from the drone, and therefore can direct me to fly over any particular area you want. My drone is able to fly out about 2 miles (depending on hills and other obstacles) so I can cover a lot of real estate on one battery, which last about 15 minutes of total flight time. All video would be recorded in 4K resolution that you could watch at home on your big screen TV.

I was thinking of about charging $100 for a 30-minute session --- that would involve using two batteries and continuous flying to cover the most ground. The camera footage is good enough to spot deer from around 200 ft. altitude, but in order to see antlers I would need to descend to around 100 ft. altitude off the ground and this will likely spook the animals and they run away. Still, it does give you a better idea of which fields have deer and which do not.

GFY

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Crackajackass seems to have pulled an Elvis and left the building.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jdollar
Crackajackass seems to have pulled an Elvis and left the building.

Typical poaching pussy

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
Come fly that sucker over my land and I will shoot it down and I bet you a 500 bucks.. When you call the sheriff in the county I Hunt He will tell you to [bleep] Off.....

If I shoot your Drone Down ....How you going to prove it was me or whomever... If it has to be within a 100 feet to see antler....I would shoot it down from long Range. No pic no proof...

Like I already said --- shooting down a $1000+ drone in ALL 50 states is at least a Class 3 felony vandalism charge punishable by up to 2 years in a state penitentiary.

Go ahead and try shooting down my drone --- I will put you and your Barney Fife sheriff in the same 6x9 cell --- you can cuddle all night long !! laugh

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Nothing

C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by Ole_270
Aside from the legalities and ethics, does one 30 minute session have half a chance of showing that big buck that might be using the spot?
Where I hunt, especially during the rut, bucks tend to be wherever the does lead them. Not regular visitors to the same spot, or very punctual. They may show up several days a week, but not on that day we're checking on them. That doesn't even account for the old bucks that scent check a field from within the heavy brush. I've got cameras out year round in unpressured areas, even in the summer it might be 3-4 days between sightings of specific bucks.
OP shows not only a lack of ethics, but knowledge of deer behavior as well.

When the rut kicks in --- of course the bucks will follow the does --- but the does usually follow familiar trails that lead them to reliable feeding areas.

That is where my drone scouting really pays off. Good ole fashioned recon work from one little 2-lb. plastic drone that can do the work of 10 fat guys huffin' and puffin' around on foot !!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
662 members (257Bob, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,919 guests, and 1,397 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,443
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.