Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Soon as he sends me an address it's on the way. Good to here from you David. I thought you were in the middle of trying to retire?How's Sis doing, I hope fine, cancer has now struck my SIL, lukemia , butte on the way to recovery. Her Dr.s have a 85% success rate so we are very blessed for that.

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
GB1

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
quality SC pimento cheese

Now this I wanna make...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
daily double

Last edited by sse; 08/11/17.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
also another reason for coming back was to comment on this mayo testing.

FIRST of all WTH do yankees know about good mayo? Everything they put on sandwiches comes out of those little squirt package's.

To be completely transparent, most of us had never even tried Duke's before, and a quick Google search showed us why. A brand that found its roots in South Carolina in the early 1900s, Duke's hasn't entirely made its way up north. In fact, we had trouble finding a jar of the stuff anywhere in the five boroughs of New York, resorting to ordering Duke's online to get a taste of the famous mayo.

Although it's not necessarily readily available to us Northerners, Duke's has clearly made its mark on the South and beyond, staking a claim as the favorite of home cooks and chefs alike. When asked if he prefers to make his own mayo, Mason Hereford of famed sandwich spot Turkey and the Wolf in New Orleans clearly stated, "No [bleep] way, because we have an allegiance to Duke's."

SECONDLY

WTH puts mayo on fries? Especially, in a taste test???? For this they all deserve to live in Miracle Whip city!! sick

A few weeks ago, we at Taste Testers set out on a rather innocent mission: pick up some popular mayo brands at the grocery store, conduct a blind taste test consisting of dipping waffle fries in said mayo and determine our favorites as a group.

Dukes is so good because they use more egg yolks than many others and good apple cider vinegar. And of course it's made right there in my hometown of Greenville, SC!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by byc

FIRST of all WTH do yankees know about good mayo? Everything they put on sandwiches comes out of those little squirt package's.

To be completely transparent, most of us had never even tried Duke's before, and a quick Google search showed us why. A brand that found its roots in South Carolina in the early 1900s, Duke's hasn't entirely made its way up north. In fact, we had trouble finding a jar of the stuff anywhere in the five boroughs of New York, resorting to ordering Duke's online to get a taste of the famous mayo.

Although it's not necessarily readily available to us Northerners, Duke's has clearly made its mark on the South and beyond, staking a claim as the favorite of home cooks and chefs alike. When asked if he prefers to make his own mayo, Mason Hereford of famed sandwich spot Turkey and the Wolf in New Orleans clearly stated, "No [bleep] way, because we have an allegiance to Duke's."

SECONDLY

WTH puts mayo on fries? Especially, in a taste test???? For this they all deserve to live in Miracle Whip city!! sick

A few weeks ago, we at Taste Testers set out on a rather innocent mission: pick up some popular mayo brands at the grocery store, conduct a blind taste test consisting of dipping waffle fries in said mayo and determine our favorites as a group.

Dukes is so good because they use more egg yolks than many others and good apple cider vinegar. And of course it's made right there in my hometown of Greenville, SC!!

you hafta be one of the most uppity hillbillies this yankee ever saw

IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You ain't a Yankee in my book. But yeah no doubt I could be considered a hillbilly! grin

Don't know what uppity means..... wink

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by byc
You ain't a Yankee in my book. But yeah no doubt I could be considered a hillbilly! grin

Don't know what uppity means..... wink

grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never tried this "Dukes" stuff. Is it a good as Miracle Whip?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Is it a good as Miracle Whip?

Probably not.

(ya teed that one up for me...LOL)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I seen Duke's in WalMart here a few years back. After hearing the comments about it here on the campfire, I thought I would give it a try. I have been buying it since. Wal-Mart is the only place that sells it locally.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by byc

SECONDLY

I guess that is better than gravy on fries. The 1st time I was in Buffalo, and then Toronto, the lady said you want gravy on your fries , I being from the south said No Mam we put gravy on meat or catheads or rice ,none of which ya'll have here that I have seen. Needless to say she didn't find the humor. I guess they don't get good tomatoes for ketchup.

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go to Utah, they mix ketchup and mayo, call it fry sauce. You can guess the rest.

It's pretty good.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
bump

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sse

well at least sse stopped hijacking my thread. Shame he could not come up with a thread name with any originality at all. lol smile

Sam......

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by sse

well at least sse stopped hijacking my thread. Shame he could not come up with a thread name with any originality at all. lol smile

somebody clicked on the link

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 37 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,511
Posts18,452,647
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.